Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Really good Eliot Friedman article yesterday....

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/elliottefriedman/2011/06/winnipegs-front-office-situation-should-be-1st-priority.html

It covers a lot...Ramsay, Duds, Winnipeg...

Heatley played season with broken hand and high ankle sprain that helps explain his disappearing act.

I found this quote interesting;

Colin Campbell downplayed the on-ice taunts son Gregory was getting as a reason for stepping away from supplemental discipline. Thought that was interesting. One of the two between-benches games I did this season was Boston/Toronto. The Maple Leafs were merciless, and they weren't the only ones. Think any parent would feel awful about that. Gregory handled it unbelievably well.

A bit of a sidebar: Phil Esposito has a hilarious show on NHL radio and he said Shanahan will do a kickass job as Discipline Czar... he isn't far removed from the game and is in touch...It was Colin Campbell's time to go, didn't do a great job...Espo also cracked on David Krejci for crosschecking Hamhuis when he was already down and out. Said Krejci did it three times vs. the Lightning and implied that it's a cowardly thing...

Score to Amy Winehouse.....

They said I traded for Richards, and I said....

Yes I've been black and when I come back, you'll know know know.

He hits the market. It doesn't get much thinner than this year, why wouldn't the guy at the top of the pile want to explore it?

Winnipeg reaches goal of 13,000 season tickets in 17 minutes. Impressive :thumbsup:

Technically - they sold around 6k in 17 minutes; since over 7k had already been sold to Moose season ticket holders. But still... ;)

Winnipeg reaches goal of 13,000 season tickets in 17 minutes. Impressive :thumbsup:

Can you please tell us how their management is fleecing them by making them pay a lot of money to watch a shittty team? Or is that type of commentary only reserved for us Sabres fans?

Can you please tell us how their management is fleecing them by making them pay a lot of money to watch a shittty team? Or is that type of commentary only reserved for us Sabres fans?

Reports are that the next step in the process is to get a new locker-room rug. Now that's quality ownership right there.

Archived