[OT] What is Darcy doing right now?

korab rules

Except that LQ said he was "intrigued" by July 1 this year and Darcy tried to acquire some forwards but failed.

Larry Quinn is a blow hard jack ######. His opinion couldn't mean any less to me. I'd like to know what forwards Darcy is talking about. I'm certain everyone will bitch about whoever that was anyway.

Wrong thread - this one is for making fun of the caricature that is DR. And just because Darcy does what he says doesn't mean we have to agree with him. We are fans: that gives us the right to bitch, and automatically means we know more than the people in the front office, and that we could do their job better than they can. If you don't like it or agree with it, stay out of my thread! :D

I'm just a caricature of a fan. :blink:

Just finished the lunch his mother packed for him (the dear woman cuts the crust off his sandwiches and sent his favorite chicken soup in a thermos!)

Thinking about rainbows, organizing the pens on his desk, and waiting for the phone to ring.

Just finished the lunch his mother packed for him (the dear woman cuts the crust off his sandwiches and sent his favorite chicken soup in a thermos!)

Thinking about rainbows, organizing the pens on his desk, and waiting for the phone to ring.

Just remembers that he unplugged the phone yesterday since it was so noisy.

Fired up the vitriol early this am huh. Like you said so eloquently there is a Kernel of truth in what DR says and does. As its been hashed and rehashed he is not doing anything but eating bons bons and watching Pretty Woman.

Put that in the correct thread for you!

I can't for the life of me figure out why people complain about Darcy every July 1st. Every year Darcy pretty much says they will not be buyers on 7/1 and every year people bitch and moan when the Sabres aren't bringing in guys. I don't agree with his philosophy and I believe that the Sabres could have brought in some pieces at reasonable prices to help this roster, but I'm not in the least bit surprised at what is happening, or not happening I should say.

People are complaining because of this philosophy of his. People aren't supposed to complain that Darcy doesn't do much of anything in FA just because he says he won't before hand? thats like saying I shouldn't get arrested for robbing a bank just because I called them up before I do it to let them know ahead of time.

People are complaining cause its more "status quo" from the Front Office when everyone knows that big changes need to be made in a division where most teams are taking big steps to improve, and the Sabres were knocked out in an embarrassing fashion in the first round after winning the division

People are complaining because of this philosophy of his. People aren't supposed to complain that Darcy doesn't do much of anything in FA just because he says he won't before hand? thats like saying I shouldn't get arrested for robbing a bank just because I called them up before I do it to let them know ahead of time.

People are complaining cause its more "status quo" from the Front Office when everyone knows that big changes need to be made in a division where most teams are taking big steps to improve, and the Sabres were knocked out in an embarrassing fashion in the first round after winning the division

I guess according to Claude, if a guy tells you he's going to run you over with his car, and then does just that, you shouldn't be mad about it.

Darcy is on vacation when he should be on the phone to Boston trying to pry Savard from them. While he's at it, see if he can't ship Stafford in a package with picks/prospects off to Chicago for Sharp.

This is what he ought to be doing. Instead, he's enjoying some crocket time. :wallbash:

Darcy is on vacation when he should be on the phone to Boston trying to pry Savard from them. While he's at it, see if he can't ship Stafford in a package with picks/prospects off to Chicago for Sharp.

Do you want Savard, at age 33, 5'10", 195, with 7 more years on his contract? I'm not sure I do. I guess at this point I'd take PAFan as our new top 6 forward and be happy about it though.

Sharp, of course, would be outstanding, but I don't think Chicago is going to trade him. It doesn't make sense to keep Hjalmarsson & trade Sharp.

Sharp, of course, would be outstanding, but I don't think Chicago is going to trade him. It doesn't make sense to keep Hjalmarsson & trade Sharp.

From reading the Chicago blogs, the fan base vehemently agrees with you, but the reporting keeps pretty consistent with the idea that Sharp is available after the Hjalmarsson signing. I also don't think he's going anywhere, but if he can be had, then action needs to be taken. Even if he flames out or Sharp doesn't want to head to Buffalo or whatever, the DR has to at least make an offer.

why do people like sharp so much? he seems overrated.

You only need to do two things to judge his worth--re-watch the 2010 finals while focusing on Sharp, and read the Chicago hockey boards to gauge just how much they would HATE to lose him and how much he meant to their Cup run. All that aside, he's a strong two-way player, he's by all accounts one of the true leaders of that team, he shows up with his best when the stakes are raised, and he's a true bargain (though due a raise).

You only need to do two things to judge his worth--re-watch the 2010 finals while focusing on Sharp, and read the Chicago hockey boards to gauge just how much they would HATE to lose him and how much he meant to their Cup run. All that aside, he's a strong two-way player, he's by all accounts one of the true leaders of that team, he shows up with his best when the stakes are raised, and he's a true bargain (though due a raise).

alright i believe you. but just because the chicago fans like him so much doesnt qualify him to be a good player. they could all be delirious for all we know. not saying your wrong though.

Archived