The Music Thread

darksabre

We were talking about Fun recently.  This is the best (and my favorite) Fun song. (starts at :50)

Thanks for that.

Holy Queen homage, Batman.

I know its all the rage on the radio, but this performance is something else, plus who knew Elle is Rob Scneiders daughter

It's a good frickin' song. And I did NOT know that.

Not really a song stuck in my head, but for only two guys, Twenty One Pilots make a helluvalotta music.

And there is plenty of really good pop music. Just keep your mind open. Good is just good.

My teenagers are fairly obsessed with those guys. 

And that Stressed Out song is charting now. By the time summer rolls around, I think they will be blowing up. They're sorta like a good (really good) Linkin Park.

twenty one pilots has already blown up. Blurryface was released all the way back in may 2015 and it is still getting radio play. think they are still releasing singles from it too.

Well. The Stressed Out song cracked the top 40 right before Christmas 2015. And it's still climbing.

Last summer they opened for Imagine Dragons at the FNC. This summer they've sold out Canalside.

So, progress on the blowing up thing, I guess.

The fact that old codgers like me are starting to take notice means they're crossing another threshold. And blowing up. More. Or, something.

I'm getting soft...I like the morning DJs on a particular station, but I can't stand the music they play anymore (Taylor Swift, Adele, Walk the Moon, Andy Grammer, etc). It's all new pop stuff (adult contemporary?), when they used to play some decent rock and some older stuff. Hell, one of the "oldies" stations plays better music.

So, I can't get a Taylor Swift song out of my head on a given day. I need to put the headphones on and throw on a metal playlist just to stop it.

I'm getting soft...I like the morning DJs on a particular station, but I can't stand the music they play anymore (Taylor Swift, Adele, Walk the Moon, Andy Grammer, etc). It's all new pop stuff (adult contemporary?), when they used to play some decent rock and some older stuff. Hell, one of the "oldies" stations plays better music.

So, I can't get a Taylor Swift song out of my head on a given day. I need to put the headphones on and throw on a metal playlist just to stop it.

"Throw on a metal playlist" should be the default anyway.

Battery is found in me!!

Brings me back to listening to my Walkman on the school bus volume on 10 wearing my MOP t-shirt with my marb reds rolled up in the sleeve

Ink, you and I have a lot in common. A lot. But it was a tin of grizzly in my back pocket.

Saw Sleep last night in Toronto. Blew almost every band I've ever seen out of the water. Loud and heavy. And good looks on the Power Trip post, their singer Riley is a good friend of mine.

Huge fan of Sleep. And, pretty much anything else Matt Pike does (saw High on Fire a couple months ago).

Saw Sleep last night in Toronto. Blew almost every band I've ever seen out of the water. Loud and heavy. And good looks on the Power Trip post, their singer Riley is a good friend of mine.

ohhh I like this. Reminds me of Electric Wizard, one of my favs. 

Huge fan of Sleep. And, pretty much anything else Matt Pike does (saw High on Fire a couple months ago).

Saw High on Fire a couple years back. They were openers but I loved 'em. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe now I'm listening to:

Top 5 rap artist of all time. 

I may have posted this one before, but DAMN if it's not in my head again today. (Thanks to the HEY YA .gif I directed at TrueBlue.)

ALRIGHT?!

What the did I just listen to? And why is it so damn catchy?

Meanwhile, I've had this stuck in my head