The Music Thread

darksabre

I didn't mention it at the time, but that last song I posted is my cousin's Brooklyn based duo Cool Company. If you like funky R&B they have a new album coming out in the next couple days. They are sick. Check em out.

Anyways,

I heard this song in the background of a Samsung commercial today and looked it up. It's sick.

https://youtu.be/re-GsEwi0IY

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boy bands are Svengali'd. John and Paul met at a church fete.

Boy bands perform music written for them by others. Lennon and McCartney are two of the more accomplished songwriters of the 20th century, and as a team, probably unrivaled.

I could go on. Maybe later I will.

This is nonsensical hottakery of the highest order.

Also, I think this thread should be locked because it has become so deeply offensive.

:lol: 

Listen, I'm not saying The Beatles weren't artists. But there are plenty of boy band members who are great artists too. JT anyone?

The Beatles started the whole idea of marketing "heart throbs" to teenagers. No one had ever marketed music to teens before. They paved the way for the boy bands and record label money grabs of the late 90's. It's all The Beatles' fault. 

Boy bands are Svengali'd. John and Paul met at a church fete.

Boy bands perform music written for them by others. Lennon and McCartney are two of the more accomplished songwriters of the 20th century, and as a team, probably unrivaled.

I could go on. Maybe later I will.

This is nonsensical hottakery of the highest order.

This.

Boy bands are assembled. The Beatles were discovered. There is a difference.

The Monkeys were a boy band.

:lol: 

Listen, I'm not saying The Beatles weren't artists. But there are plenty of boy band members who are great artists too. JT anyone?

The Beatles started the whole idea of marketing "heart throbs" to teenagers. No one had ever marketed music to teens before. They paved the way for the boy bands and record label money grabs of the late 90's. It's all The Beatles' fault. 

Yeah. No one ever did that before the Beatles.

post-1429-0-90009700-1475717506_thumb.jpg

This.

Boy bands are assembled. The Beatles were discovered. There is a difference.

The Monkeys were a boy band.

Yeah. No one ever did that before the Beatles.

Elvis_Presley_-_TV_Radio_Mirror,_March_1957_01.jpg

Elvis is a whole different animal. Is there any doubt The Beatles were more commercialized than him?

Listen, I'm not saying The Beatles weren't artists. But there are plenty of boy band members who are great artists too. JT anyone.

Well thank God for confirmation that The Beatles were artists.

And please don't ever put Timberlake in the same breath (or belch) as The Beatles. And I like Timberlake just fine.

The marketing of The Beatles had plenty of predecessors that foretold their arrival -- John the Baptists, if you will.

And The Beatles weren't the first in a line of such bands. They were, are an entity and phenomenon unto themselves. Sui generis.

I think I'm more aggravated and disappointed by The Beatles as boy band talk than I could be by anything in the politics thread.

Elvis is a whole different animal. Is there any doubt The Beatles were more commercialized than him?

What?! This is madness.

The marketing of The Beatles had plenty of predecessors that foretold their arrival -- John the Baptists, if you will.

And The Beatles weren't the first in a line of such bands. They were, are an entity and phenomenon unto themselves. Sui generis.

I think I'm more aggravated and disappointed by The Beatles as boy band talk than I could be by anything in the politics thread.

What?! This is madness.

I know. I'm just arguing it to be annoying. 

I actually don't care either way.  :P