The Music Thread

darksabre

The stellar new album Blizzard of Blues from world class blues guitarist and Buffalo native Tommy Z.  Check it out and catch him live around WNY if you get a chance.  

Next in line to try for the big time?  Man, I really thought Mick Hayes had the chops to do it, but it never happened for him.  Hopefully this guy can do it.

Edited by We've

Next in line to try for the big time?  Man, I really thought Mick Hayes had the chops to do it, but it never happened for him.  Hopefully this guy can do it.

I hope so too.  Tommy is an old friend and high school classmate of mine, but to this untrained and perhaps biased ear it certainly sounds as if he has the chops and a fantastic set of blues songs here.  I believe the album was in the top 10 blues albums on itunes earlier this week.

i think the video made the song even more of a brain worm for me

The video kills it. I love when they both started dancing together

Very catchy song. I believe you put me on some other song awhile back, something about a monster with 2 heartbeats and one head, there's something in the water? Appreciate if you could link me to that song again

• 3 weeks later...

We need more chicks, man!

I've had this song stuck in my head for 22 years and I hope it stays there.

On a completely different note...

and much more recently, this from Toronto's Alvvays...

Edited by BagBoy

This is one of the great things about living in Nashville. So many talented musicians living here that they sometimes get together to play tiny local venues just for fun. This is a show I was at last year at a little bar that holds maybe 100 people. I think it cost $5. William Tyler (who is insanely talented) and a few of his friends. The third song (Area Code 601) is really good.