The Music Thread

darksabre

Probably my favorite song of his new album, though Weekend is a very close 2nd. Mac went from frat/party boy (K.I.D.S, BDE) => very introspective and nostalgic (Blue Slide Park) => fame & too much drugs and depression (Watching Movies, Faces) Faces is an awesomely depressing album about the surreal feeling of fame, so good, so sad. => and now he seems to have combined them all. It's awesome. 

Admittedly not my thing, but it has a nice groove. I really like the intro. Great emotional range and his cadence really sets the stilted tone.

But for god's sake, WC, post the explicit version next time.

Those aren't the explicit versions? I've been listening only to the full album so that was just a quick youtube search, I hate censored versions of anything.

Appreciate you actually listening to it even though it's not your style, I try to listen to everything people post in here at least once

I guess this belongs here rather than anywhere else, but RIP Scott Weiland.  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-dead-at-48-20151204  I used to be a fan of STP and saw them at the Rochester War Memorial in 1997(?).  My favorite song of theirs has always been:

When they did this song live, Scott used a megaphone for the voice effect, which I thought was pretty cool.

Heroin is a helluva drug.

Well, right now he just "died in his sleep".   :P

Edit: Although he was found at 9 PM on a night when they were scheduled to do a show, so I'm thinking that sleep may have been unintended.

Edited by EastsideOasis

Have a famous one, unplugged. 

I wouldn't normally link a reddit thread on another forum, but there's a couple amazing stories in this one, people who met him, saw him, etc. I wasn't really ever a STP fan, but it's pretty touching. F*ck drugs, man.  https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/3vdoz9/scott_weiland_has_died/

I guess this belongs here rather than anywhere else, but RIP Scott Weiland.  http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-dead-at-48-20151204  I used to be a fan of STP and saw them at the Rochester War Memorial in 1997(?).  My favorite song of theirs has always been:

When they did this song live, Scott used a megaphone for the voice effect, which I thought was pretty cool.

Sounds about right. Where did almost 20 years go? Went to the show when they came here. It was a green megaphone in my minds eye, he was good the night he was here. 

Sounds about right. Where did almost 20 years go? Went to the show when they came here. It was a green megaphone in my minds eye, he was good the night he was here. 

I thought the show was good as well.  Sounds like we were lucky that we saw them when we did.  From reading the Reddit thread that Josie posted the quality was quite hit or miss (mostly miss) as the drug problems got worse.  

I think I agree with you on the green megaphone, but I don't know how you remember that little tidbit.  I couldn't have guessed at the color before you said something.

Edited by EastsideOasis