The Music Thread

darksabre

Thanks, Potato. I just spent 20 minutes in 8th grade, listening to Mudvayne and ######

edit: seriously? o r g y is censored and the video wont imbed? Fascists!!!

Edited by ubkev

What the ###### did I just listen to? And why is it so damn catchy?

Ha! Missed this until now. The collaboration with the divine Raffaella Carra' puts that clip over the top.

5ee63d0e52e583c47d3e420da2f628d1.jpg

Good luck. This thing has literally been stuck in my head for days

Oh, man.

I like that this sort of sound has found a place in pop music.

Also, The Strumbellas will play Canalside as part of a festival in July.

Not really a song stuck in my head, but for only two guys, Twenty One Pilots make a helluvalotta music.

And there is plenty of really good pop music. Just keep your mind open. Good is just good.

… and bad just sucks.

21 pilots are great. The first time I heard stressed out it was in my head for a week. Went to youtube and found a wack more good to great songs by them. They are now high on my playlist.

21 pilots are great. The first time I heard stressed out it was in my head for a week. Went to youtube and found a wack more good to great songs by them. They are now high on my playlist.

according to the devoted fans in my household (who carry their 4-digit-Instagram-follower-status of the band's singer/songwriter as perhaps their proudest badge of honour (i.e., they followed them when they were still "Strictly Regional" (I think that's a name of one of their albums)), it is verboten to use numerals when talking about the band -- you must type out "twenty one pilots."

goofy teenagers.

anyway. i'm well into my 40s and am not that band's target demo, but i agree wholeheartedly: good is good. and they're good.

i was also advised by my resident superfans that "stressed out" -- when it reached #1 on the billboard charts -- was the first song in a long, long (LONG) time ("like, back to when YOU were young, dad") to reach #1 after having been written by a single person (the dude who sings, raps, etc. is the sole writing credit).

p.s. not for nothing. even MY MOM loves some of their stuff. check it!

according to the devoted fans in my household (who carry their 4-digit-Instagram-follower-status of the band's singer/songwriter as perhaps their proudest badge of honour (i.e., they followed them when they were still "Strictly Regional" (I think that's a name of one of their albums)), it is verboten to use numerals when talking about the band -- you must type out "twenty one pilots."

goofy teenagers.

anyway. i'm well into my 40s and am not that band's target demo, but i agree wholeheartedly: good is good. and they're good.

i was also advised by my resident superfans that "stressed out" -- when it reached #1 on the billboard charts -- was the first song in a long, long (LONG) time ("like, back to when YOU were young, dad") to reach #1 after having been written by a single person (the dude who sings, raps, etc. is the sole writing credit).

p.s. not for nothing. even MY MOM loves some of their stuff. check it!

I hear ya. I caught my wife humming one of their songs in the car and asked her where she heard that and her station was her reply. I'm 51 so I'm not in their target group either but they got me.

^^^^^

Looks like they borrowed this album cover ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6GDYddyZoQ

Dude. EXCELLENT find. When I saw the screen print for this album, I though there was something familiar about it. I'm sure the homage is intentional. One of the brothers does art in other media (print making, painting), and he created the print for this album cover. From what I know of print making, you can run them in all kinds of colour schemes, so the choice for the colour scheme here must have been a nod to that record.