Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My gramma passed about a week and a half ago. My mom said that it was very peaceful and she seemed ready to go.

I'm sad that she's gone, but it really must've been sweet release after being trapped in her own demented mind for so long. She was never a particularly happy lady, but sometimes I could tell that she was aware and frustrated with her lack of ability to complete the circuits in her head.

I'm happy that my mom is free of the burden. She's 63 and deserves some rest and relaxation in her life. If only I believed that she knew how to relax.

It's going to be really strange to come home to an empty basement.

Sorry she's gone, but you should definitely think of how tough things were for her near the end. I'm sure it's tough on you, but her peace should bring you comfort.

There must be something in the air. Same here.

Maybe it's the imminence of the 4th?

In my case, and I'll bet yours, too, it's because it's the end of the month.  Which means we're all getting our time finalized a day earlier than usual.

I keep thinking it's Friday.

Which is really annoying.  

THIS.  I was so exhausted last night and kept thinking I just have to get through one more day and then I can sleep in, and then I remembered it's only Thursday.  Dammit.

The appraisal on the house came in low on Tues., and the sellers weren't very willing to negotiate; basically just wanted to drop the seller's assistance towards my closing costs and not give up anything on their end.  Their agent said they wanted to appeal the appraisal but were unwilling to drop the sale price below the appraised value.  I have the option with my lender to take a lender credit for closing costs, but it increases the rate from 3.99 to 4.625%, which is annoying.  Still, I was thinking about doing it because there's so much time invested in the property to this point and I could potentially refinance to a lower rate later.  Decided to sleep on it since they'd gotten back to us pretty late (after 9pm).  Woke up in the morning to see an email notification from Zillow saying the property was back on the market and there was an open house scheduled for Sunday, saying the buyer had backed out.  WTF, people?  I told my agent I'm done and to send over the notice to terminate the contract.  The seller's agent didn't even know they'd done it; the sellers just took it upon themselves to update the Zillow info on their property.  Pretty f*cked up, but probably a blessing in disguise because these sellers had done several things that made me not trust them and worry what else I was going to find after taking possession of the property.  The part that really sucks is now I have to extend my apartment lease and I'm still on the hook for the home inspection and appraisal for a place I'm no longer buying (and will have to pay for those again on a new property).  UGH.

I've been so physically and mentally exhausted since Tuesday morning that it's just a hope that today was Friday. 

The wife is out of town this week for the first time in a month. I started to get used to not being in a rush to get things done that maybe it took its toll on me throughout Monday. That and I kept getting nagged by my hypochondriac mother because she thinks I have some speech problem because I happened to slur a word or two while talking to her (I was quite tired and just wasn't focusing). 

How the hell do the plies on toilet paper get separated?! I mean, what does someone have to do to make this happen?

My bowl time is the only moment of zen I get in the entire day, and I have to figure out how to get the perforations lined up again: do I unwrap this ply more,... do I rewrap this ply?!

Dammit, I just want some peace!

My wife is somewhat allergic to cats and it's finally come to a head so we're trying to find homes for our three furry kids. I'm sad about it even though I know that I'm a jerk and once they're in their new places they'll be happy and I won't miss them as much as I think I will. I'm not sure if I'm complaining about the cats at this point or the realization that I'm a terrible person.

Update: I took two of the cats over to the adoption center last night (happy birthday to me). I cried. I guess I'm not a total jerk.

The third cat will be traveling to Buffalo with us tomorrow to find a new home at a friend's house. That's going to be a lovely ride.

hit a wall, I wish I could get paid to be a Sabres blogger and to talk Sabres stuff but that's not happening so I will keep plugging away doing something I don't want to and yea just stressed. 

I like my new job, but this is still my goal. I applied to to a few analytics websites and companies already. Rakish and I talked for awhile about getting a website going (he is willing to help me mine data), I just don't really know where to start.

Update: I took two of the cats over to the adoption center last night (happy birthday to me). I cried. I guess I'm not a total jerk.

The third cat will be traveling to Buffalo with us tomorrow to find a new home at a friend's house. That's going to be a lovely ride.

Ah, sorry. And sorry for not wishing you a Happy Birthday. I did see it was your birthday yesterday and I meant to. We are totally lost in this department with NS on the shelf.

How the hell do the plies on toilet paper get separated?! I mean, what does someone have to do to make this happen?

My bowl time is the only moment of zen I get in the entire day, and I have to figure out how to get the perforations lined up again: do I unwrap this ply more,... do I rewrap this ply?!

Dammit, I just want some peace!

Now we're both anti-TP.

Ah, sorry. And sorry for not wishing you a Happy Birthday. I did see it was your birthday yesterday and I meant to. We are totally lost in this department with NS on the shelf.

Now we're both anti-TP.

:lol:

I signed up for an AA credit card because they told us we would no longer pay bag fees and get priority boarding.  Show up to airport today and put card in kiosk.  All is going well and then it asks for $25 for a checked bag.  I flag down an attendant and ask him 'sup wit dat?  He says it only applies to tickets you BUY with the AA card,  So no priority boarding and $25 dollars later I am fuming.  That's total douchebaggery on AA's part.  AA is such a sleazy airline to begin with.  Charge you for bags, charge you for better, but still crappy seats, lie ON THE PLANE when they have their flight attendants hawking their cards.  grrrrrr

I signed up for an AA credit card because they told us we would no longer pay bag fees and get priority boarding.  Show up to airport today and put card in kiosk.  All is going well and then it asks for $25 for a checked bag.  I flag down an attendant and ask him 'sup wit dat?  He says it only applies to tickets you BUY with the AA card,  So no priority boarding and $25 dollars later I am fuming.  That's total douchebaggery on AA's part.  AA is such a sleazy airline to begin with.  Charge you for bags, charge you for better, but still crappy seats, lie ON THE PLANE when they have their flight attendants hawking their cards.  grrrrrr

Yeah that happened to me, too -- opened the card AFTER booking the flight, but card was activated before I actually flew.  I emailed customer service and asked them to refund the baggage fees (which I paid with that card) and they did.

Related complaint: their rewards program sucks a$$.  I'd never flown American but signed up for their program and card in March when I found out they have a direct flight from Denver to Philly.  Their statements are always saying how close you are to an award ticket and how those start at something like 12,500 miles, which seemed too good to be true but I figured even if only select routes are that cheap and the rest are 20,000+, that's still reasonable.  Get my 30,000 mile bonus after 3 months and go to buy a ticket to see my dad for his birthday, and it's 30,000 miles EACH WAY.   :blink:   I had to burn 30,000 miles with AA (and pay something like $80 in fees) for a one-way ticket, which is outrageous.  Talk about false advertising... I might cancel that stupid card once the year is up if it doesn't get any better.

Edited by biodork

Amateur fireworks starting already.  It's June 30.  I can shut my windows and put on the AC, but I really like grabbing natural air when I sleep on mild nights.  I love May/June and September for that reason alone.

Sunday night?  All day Monday?  Fire away.

Leave me alone on Thursday, June 30, dammit!