Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I have some neighbors that are kind of interesting like that. They're the house by our mail kiosk too.  I haven't seen any violence, but I've seen inebriation.  They have that lovely habit of parking their many pickup trucks on their front lawn.  It appears to be a redneck hippie commune:  There are two or three couples and all their kids living there.  I can't really say they're bad or anything though; they do keep a careful watch on the kids (the daughter who's about 9 is allowed to ride her bicycle up and down the street (on the sidewalk).  If she goes too far or isn't careful crossing the street to the other side, she catches an earful from mom.  They scream and yell a bit at each other but they are friendly enough to outsiders.

My sons were over for dinner last night so I made pizza from scratch like I used to do.  My wife is gluten free now, so I made one glutenous pizza for them and a GF for my me and my wife.  There's something about GF food that seems to affect me much the same way gluten affects my wife, and I've been paying for it all day today. 

And we have no office dog.  :(

I had sauerbraten with red cabbage and potato salad at Buffalo Brew House last night because it was on special. It was so good. But I stink today. 

Thank god we have an office dog. I'm just blaming it on him.  :P

I sense a Wibur post coming any second now.

Their house is directly next to the mail kiosk, so it's one we will be walking by every day.  I haven't met them yet though, other than a simple hello while walking by one day.  It does seem like a strange living situation though as I've seen at least 4 different adults and a handful of kids.

I'll have to do some digging though, as I feel like we need to be aware of what happened.  My next door neighbor has a friend in the police department, so I'll have to check with him next time I see him.

The story I'm hearing now is that the mother spanked a kid while the mother-in-law was staying with them, who then called the police.  I'm not quite sure if that story adds up or not, but it does sound like that is one of the more interesting in-law dynamics out there.

The hubby's mother and the wife?  That's a dangerous combination.  The mother-in-law has her way of running a household which won't line up with how the wife was raised so there's bound to be conflict.  (I grew up in such a household- my dad's mom lived with us and she and my mom fought quite a bit over how to clean house, raise kids, etc.)

He's been bad, but people gotta chill on him a little bit. He's only played 3 games and this team is pretty much brand new to him.

The Brows of reason have spoken!

Think Charleton Heston in the Ten Commandments with his staph in one hand arms spread apart....

Sorry, but I had to have a little fun with your avatar and Moulson's facial hair. I've not seen an up close photo, but Matty Mo must have an awesome nose forest to compliment those brows.  Only seems natural.

I feel exhausted almost every night by 8:00...enough that I'm ready to go to bed...at 8-freakin-o'clock. I know I'm not getting any younger (just turned 44 a few weeks ago) and I've been running around every day since the wife has been traveling, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

Work doesn't help - I've been doing maintenance work every Saturday since the end of September, so I don't even have time to relax on Saturday nights.

Sundays are usually my only day where I can just chill. I don't plan to go anywhere on Sundays, so I just sit at home and watch football. But that's it. Once Monday comes, it's back to the daily fast lane.  :wacko:

Edited by Buffalo Wings

I have a student who point blank said to me, when it came up that I enjoy metal and have been to concerts, "I doubt it, you don't look like the kind of person who would listen to anything good. You're a jock girl". He then went on to tell me that he hopes it was a phase because "if you have children, wouldn't that embarrass them a lot? Women shouldn't be involved in things like that"

Then proceeded to attempt to quiz me on bands and knowledge while I did my best to ignore him. Eventually I kindly but firmly informed him that being an elitist douchebag about anything does not win you points with humanity. Ok, not those words, but...

Kid is such a pain in the ass. He's got problems, but it's his trump card to just be a dick. To give him credit, he usually realizes how awful whatever it is he said sounds, and tries to backpedal, and usually just creepily stares at me fan boy style, but oh man, so frustrating. Still sending me multiple, lengthy emails every week. 

About 3 weeks ago an approximately 8-month-old kitten followed my wife and children home from the YMCA. She stayed on our porch for 3 nights without us feeding her or letting her inside, hoping she would return to her family. Finally, we took her to a local vet to check for a microchip, none found. We had the local Humane Society post her picture on their page, and after a week, they said she was ours. We had officially been adopted by a kitten.

I was hesitant at first, worried about how she'd do around the kids, especially Ollie. She was perfect. They were so gentle and kind, and she was very playful with them. 

I finally started warming up to the idea of having a cat again, and went out and bought all the needed supplies. Just a great cat. She spent the second week she was with us sleeping nicely near me, serenading me with he purr. In the mornings she started following our oldest son out to the bus stop to see him off to school. I am absolutely in love with this little interloper.

On Monday she followed him out, and she hasn't been back since.

Customer service.  It has apparently gone the way of the dodo.  Had something on order at work for a broken piece of equipment.  Was told at time of order that it would take 16 weeks to manufacture.  LONG lead if you ask me,  but hey, it is what it is.  

Get constant forwarded emails from procurement telling me that it is on schedule per their sales team.

Get an email yesterday from supplier, that they are no longer on track, that they lost a blueprint, and that they don't have a good delivery time now.  Meanwhile, I've been outsourcing the work that goes on that machine, losing OI left and right on a monthly basis because of that, and now I don't have a good due date?!

Had a VP here email their sales manager only to get an email back saying that the sales team is only the messengers for production and manufacturing, and please don't shoot the messenger, and because of an ownership change 1.5 years ago, they should get a pass because they just are not up to standards yet.  

WOAH!  WHAT?!  So now I'm 16 weeks into this, they tell me they need to requote this project, and that they don't have a good due date?   it.  I just got approval to buy a new machine from  a new vendor and to completely cancel the last order if the price is right (which, I think it will be). 

Customer service.  It has apparently gone the way of the dodo.  Had something on order at work for a broken piece of equipment.  Was told at time of order that it would take 16 weeks to manufacture.  LONG lead if you ask me,  but hey, it is what it is.  

Get constant forwarded emails from procurement telling me that it is on schedule per their sales team.

Get an email yesterday from supplier, that they are no longer on track, that they lost a blueprint, and that they don't have a good delivery time now.  Meanwhile, I've been outsourcing the work that goes on that machine, losing OI left and right on a monthly basis because of that, and now I don't have a good due date?!

Had a VP here email their sales manager only to get an email back saying that the sales team is only the messengers for production and manufacturing, and please don't shoot the messenger, and because of an ownership change 1.5 years ago, they should get a pass because they just are not up to standards yet.  

WOAH!  WHAT?!  So now I'm 16 weeks into this, they tell me they need to requote this project, and that they don't have a good due date?  ###### it.  I just got approval to buy a new machine from  a new vendor and to completely cancel the last order if the price is right (which, I think it will be). 

Customer service is only as good as the company itself. If a company doesn't take itself seriously, they'll have bad customer service. 

It amazes me how many bad businesses manage to hang around. 

The closing of the Kane thread when we finally have a resolution. There's at least two more pages in there before we're done

I think closing it was the greatest stroke of genius Smell has had. Case closed, moving on.

Why the hell do I need to write a paper and then create a presentation for the paper to present it in class?  You have my paper, read it.  It's just busy work at this point to present it. So much busy work, it's driving me up a wall.

I think closing it was the greatest stroke of genius Smell has had. Case closed, moving on.

Why the hell do I need to write a paper and then create a presentation for the paper to present it in class? You have my paper, read it. It's just busy work at this point to present it. So much busy work, it's driving me up a wall.

Filibuster the presentation by reading the entire paper aloud.

Why the hell do I need to write a paper and then create a presentation for the paper to present it in class?  You have my paper, read it.  It's just busy work at this point to present it. So much busy work, it's driving me up a wall.

1) Writing and presenting are two different skill sets, both of which should be practiced and evaluated.

2) Presumably, the rest of the class is not going to be reading your paper.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

1) Writing and presenting are two differently skill sets, both of which should be practiced and evaluated.

2) Presumably, the rest of the class is not going to be reading your paper.

:(  fine, you make too much sense, still grumpy about it.

I'd like to complain about the overuse of exclamation points in contemporary society.  Here is a flow chart to help you decide whether or not an exclamation mark is appropriate:   http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/53/file-2378784241-jpg/Workflow2_b.jpg?t=1446741080537&__hstc=20629287.a7067841e4d4e05d07648d94349c8f9b.1446741162975.1446741162975.1446741162975.1&__hssc=20629287.1.1446741162975&__hsfp=2390787975

I'd like to complain about the overuse of exclamation points in contemporary society.  Here is a flow chart to help you decide whether or not an exclamation mark is appropriate! http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/53/file-2378784241-jpg/Workflow2_b.jpg?t=1446741080537&__hstc=20629287.a7067841e4d4e05d07648d94349c8f9b.1446741162975.1446741162975.1446741162975.1&__hssc=20629287.1.1446741162975&__hsfp=2390787975

Fixed!