Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

They were reluctant to do it. W anted me to see someone who specializes in it.  I'm calling them back tomorrow AM to see if they will do it anyway.  I have an appt with them next month anyhow...

good luck with yours BTW.

Definitely try to convince them to excise it.  I'm glad I did.  more piece of mind with the doctor (Nurse Practitioner actually but still) that I know and trust.  

thanks and good luck to you as well. 

I know you're trying to help here, but this would just divert limited ER resources from those who have real emergencies.

I am ashamed. Thank you.

Meh. That might make a difference in Brooklyn, but I doubt an ER in rural western NY is all that active, and even then, they will just make you wait if something more important comes along.

Meh. That might make a difference in Brooklyn, but I doubt an ER in rural western NY is all that active, and even then, they will just make you wait if something more important comes along.

Depends on the day.  A lot of days around here our ER is effin' busy.  But in all honesty, probably about 60% of the patients that come through have less serious problems than Weave, though.

So this projector bulb blows last week and we call up to admin and say, "we need a new projector bulb before next week because we have all these things happening."  Admin is like oh yea, no worries.  Turns out the projector is so old that they don't make bulbs for it anymore, the admin policy is not to replace bulbs because they are so expensive, and they have known for 2 years that our projector was out of date and they couldn't fix it.  Let me tell you on Tuesday when we started our week of stuff, all hell went down.  It has been a giant bru ha ha now the entire week and finally the head person is sending and email to the Admin Director about what a problem it is.  You don't have money for a new projector or bulb?  Seriously?  Are you joking?  Giant mess.  We had to get a portable projector which overheated during one session on Tuesday afternoon, that made things even better.  Now the Top Admin ppl are coming down to hear about our issues and I am not sure after talking with them I will have a job.  Can't get a projector... spare me the .  You have a 14million dollar operating budget and you can't drop 1500$ on a new projector?  Seriously?  F#$king ridiculous.

Depends on the day.  A lot of days around here our ER is effin' busy.  But in all honesty, probably about 60% of the patients that come through have less serious problems than Weave, though.

OK, right, you work in an ER. Don't most ERs now have two tracks, one for life threatening stuff and one for the flu, cuts and stuff? So let's say We've goes over to the flu side. He wouldn't feel like he's taking resources from some old geezer having a stroke. But would going to the ER help him? Would they call in a dermatologist or just refer him? I'm thinking the fact he went to a hospital with the problem might at the least get him an urgent appointment with the doctor. Wouldn't the hospital fear getting sued if they did anything less?

OK, right, you work in an ER. Don't most ERs now have two tracks, one for life threatening stuff and one for the flu, cuts and stuff? So let's say We've goes over to the flu side. He wouldn't feel like he's taking resources from some old geezer having a stroke. But would going to the ER help him? Would they call in a dermatologist or just refer him? I'm thinking the fact he went to a hospital with the problem might at the least get him an urgent appointment with the doctor. Wouldn't the hospital fear getting sued if they did anything less?

I used to work in an ER! Now I just hang out with my gramma.  Our ER didn't have two tracks, but more serious cases would jump the line.  Going to the ER would likely not help him all that much. After a long wait the doctor would probably just refer him and he'd have an unnecessary bill to take care of.  It depends a lot on what the doctor is like.  And I don't know anything about what in particular hospitals can be sued for, but they usually don't seem worried.

So this projector bulb blows last week and we call up to admin and say, "we need a new projector bulb before next week because we have all these things happening."  Admin is like oh yea, no worries.  Turns out the projector is so ###### old that they don't make bulbs for it anymore, the admin policy is not to replace bulbs because they are so expensive, and they have known for 2 years that our projector was out of date and they couldn't fix it.  Let me tell you on Tuesday when we started our week of stuff, all hell went down.  It has been a giant bru ha ha now the entire week and finally the head person is sending and email to the Admin Director about what a problem it is.  You don't have money for a new projector or bulb?  Seriously?  Are you ###### joking?  Giant mess.  We had to get a portable projector which overheated during one session on Tuesday afternoon, that made things even better.  Now the Top Admin ppl are coming down to hear about our issues and I am not sure after talking with them I will have a job.  Can't get a ###### projector... spare me the ######.  You have a 14million dollar operating budget and you can't drop 1500$ on a new projector?  Seriously?  F#$king ridiculous.

Sounds like my company, and i work at an airport where investing is decent material acutally is a safety issue.

Nobody reads anything anymore....(well, except on this board). And no one takes any initiative to find out things on their own.  Someone sent me a two paragraph email the other day to ask me for a web site address.  They could have found a link to the same site by typing three words into a web search.

Gonna get more personal than I like to online, but this one is eating at me.

About 10 years ago Dad had a pretty aggressive melanoma removed from his chest. It wasn't a small deal. it had started to spread. Dad is/was a chronic sunburner. We are of northern European lineage, and accordingly light skinned. I've had my share of sunburns too. So..... around mid July something popped up on the back of the base of my neck. Didn't think much of it at the time. I did manage to scratch it open at one point. But when it "healed" it healed funny. Kept it on watch for a couple weeks. Last week I called my doctor to get it looked at. Saw him on Monday. He said it may be nothing, but being there for 2 months now it needs to get evaluated. So..... calling dermatologist offices to get this thing biopsied. the absolute earliest appointment I could get in the entire Buffalo AND Rochester areas is November 30. 2 more frigging months. The place nearest me can't see me until JANUARY! I have told every person that I spoke with that this is a cancer evaluation, not a cosmetic issue. Best I can get is put on a waiting list if people cancel their appointments.

You gotta be kidding me. Needless to say, there is a good bit of worry at the Weave house until this thing gets looked at. We both know how quickly skin cancer moves. it's difficult to not get dramatic about this.

Is this health care in America now? ###### this.

The Tin household will include you in our prayers.

Having a loved one in a nursing home(short term or long term) SUCKS.  The bad nursing homes suck a lot, and the good nursing homes just suck less.

Hey Blue.  None are ideal.  But, for many families, many are better than home care.  I know that when it comes time for my folks, well, a dedicated facility will do better for them than what I can do.  I also watched closely as 2/4 grandparents went through that system (one had lived with my parents until it was time and the other, with my aunt).  It's not bad care.  But it IS "waiting to die" care.  And that sux.  Completely.  

I know that there are good networks of homes out there, and I also know that people who have to put their parents in them hate it.

But hate the situation, not the homes, you know?

Have to spend another $450 to get repairs to my basement for selling the house.

My medical insurance is still effed up.  Company insists everything was processed and I'm covered, and yet I've still not received any cards in the mail and my information is not recognized as valid when attempting to register on their website.  Member services say it's the web people that need to fix something, web people say it's member services that need to do something.  I've called each multiple times over the last 10 days and they all just take my # and say they'll look into it and call back.  Why is it so hard to do your GD job???

Stupid people at work who want to be in charge of things but don't understand them and make more work for everyone else.

And I was told on Tuesday that I can't contract with a moving company until after I receive my official offer of employment in Colorado if I want to be reimbursed.  They only just posted the position yesterday and the posting needs to stay open for 5 days before they'll extend a job offer, so late next week is the best-case scenario.  Except I'm supposed to be out of my house by the end of the day on the 12th, and the moving company's availability is already dwindling so who knows what it will be (and cost) late next week or early the following.  I freaking hate what I'm doing at work and I feel like I made a terrible mistake in taking this job offer because it's been nothing but a disaster since June.  This BS had better all be worth it 6-12 months from now.

Geez, Bio.  It's gotta get better, right?

I would hope so.  Every time it feels like I've hit bottom and things are going to start falling into place, another boulder shows up in the way.  So tired of this entire situation.

Any luck getting into your PCP for a biopsy?

Oh yeah -- and after emailing back and forth all last week and finally meeting Sunday with this girl who was scouting for new furniture for her boss's office, she told me on Sunday the sofa I'm selling looked perfect and she would talk to her boss Monday about finding time to pick it up.  Texted Tues. morning to check up, said boss hadn't given her a straight answer yet.  Asked yesterday if I should offer it to someone else because he didn't seem interested and she told me he thought $300 was high.  Really?  You're looking for a used sofa in good enough condition to put in your place of business, and you wanna be a cheap SOB about it.  This thing is in excellent condition and was a quality brand when I bought it, not something from a discount furniture store.  Today she texts and says he'll give me $250 for it and they'll come today.  I told her even if I was willing to take $250 (and I wasn't) that she knows I need more advanced notice because I'm not staying locally during the week.  She got all pissy about it.  F these people.  I hate effing craigslist and all the jackassery that ensues from dealing with idiots who waste my time.