Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Turning 44 this weekend. I look and feel every day of it. Not sure when but I used to look young for my age but the last few years I have become my father. Quite discouraging.

Getting old sucks man.  Turned 44 in August and had the same thought about becoming the spitting image of my old man.

It's finally opening night for the Sabres, and I won't be able to watch the game. :( The movers called at noon and said they would be there at 8 a.m. tomorrow, so now I'm on my way back to my friends' house in Maryland, then need to go up to the house in Pennsylvania to finish packing. D'oh.

How has no one else touched this yet today?

I paid the movers to pack my kitchen, thinking they'd surely do a better job with my dishes than I could because they should have specialty boxes.  I don't know about the plates, but seeing how the glasses were packed has me rather worried for what I'll find on the other side.  The guy who packed it was so thorough that he packed the dirty dishes I'd intentionally set aside in the dishwasher to take in my car, but not so thorough as to avoid missing an entire cabinet filled with canned goods and the pans in the oven drawer.  Consequently, I spent another $80 shipping things to myself that would not fit in the car.  He also refused to pack any of my oils, vinegars, etc. from the pantry, but apparently had no qualms about packing a jug of pesticides in with my kitchen goods.   :wallbash:

And I haven't seen a Sabres game since preseason.   :(

Edited by biodork

How has no one else touched this yet today?

I paid the movers to pack my kitchen, thinking they'd surely do a better job with my dishes than I could because they should have specialty boxes.  I don't know about the plates, but seeing how the glasses were packed has me rather worried for what I'll find on the other side.  The guy who packed it was so thorough that he packed the dirty dishes I'd intentionally set aside in the dishwasher to take in my car, but not so thorough as to avoid missing an entire cabinet filled with canned goods and the pans in the oven drawer.  Consequently, I spent another $80 shipping things to myself that would not fit in the car.  He also refused to pack any of my oils, vinegars, etc. from the pantry, but apparently had no qualms about packing a jug of pesticides in with my kitchen goods.   :wallbash:

And I haven't seen a Sabres game since preseason.   :(

Because it wasn't open until after I left for work. (complaint 1)

#2. I missed the second half of the Bills game on Sunday. We were back in WNY camping and went to my parents cabin to watch the game. Minutes into the 3rd quarter I hear my mom yelling "Xena! No! Xena! Get away from that!" We're not sure if she was eating it, but there was My 2lb 13oz 14YO Yorkie and a Tomcat mouse killer bait side by side on the kitchen floor.

Called poison control and they wont even put a person on the line until you give a credit card number for the $65 fee (#3). Hung up. Called the number on the Tomcat bag and after 10+ minutes of giving the dog's name, our name, lot number on the bag, etc, they finally say,"you need to take the dog to a vet." (#4) REALLY?! No Chit! Why didn't you lead with that info instead of just covering your own ass!

Finally called a family friend who is a retired vet and he said to give her 1 Tbs of hydrogen peroxide every ten minutes until she throws up (up to 3x). Luckily she threw up not even 20sec after the first time.

She seemed fine until Tuesday when she was really out of it and started to blood all over the place. Back to the vet. Were not sure if they are related but she had a really high fever. So now she is on antibiotics for the infection and activated charcoal just in case its still the mouse killer.

The good news is that she finally started to come around today and actually ate a whole bunch this morning. Looks like the tough old beotch has a couple more years of crapping on my floor left in her.(#5 :lol: )

Because it wasn't open until after I left for work. (complaint 1)

#2. I missed the second half of the Bills game on Sunday. We were back in WNY camping and went to my parents cabin to watch the game. Minutes into the 3rd quarter I hear my mom yelling "Xena! No! Xena! Get away from that!" We're not sure if she was eating it, but there was My 2lb 13oz 14YO Yorkie and a Tomcat mouse killer bait side by side on the kitchen floor.

Called poison control and they wont even put a person on the line until you give a credit card number for the $65 fee (#3). Hung up. Called the number on the Tomcat bag and after 10+ minutes of giving the dog's name, our name, lot number on the bag, etc, they finally say,"you need to take the dog to a vet." (#4) REALLY?! No Chit! Why didn't you lead with that info instead of just covering your own ass!

Finally called a family friend who is a retired vet and he said to give her 1 Tbs of hydrogen peroxide every ten minutes until she throws up (up to 3x). Luckily she threw up not even 20sec after the first time.

She seemed fine until Tuesday when she was really out of it and started to ###### blood all over the place. Back to the vet. Were not sure if they are related but she had a really high fever. So now she is on antibiotics for the infection and activated charcoal just in case its still the mouse killer.

The good news is that she finally started to come around today and actually ate a whole bunch this morning. Looks like the tough old beotch has a couple more years of crapping on my floor left in her.(#5 :lol: )

Yowza, Swamp... that sounds scary, but good to hear it sounds like she's turned the corner.   :thumbsup:

For the past two months I've been stretched thin working on three projects simultaneously.  Our site safety officer announced he was leaving earlier this week and yesterday I was approached to act as the radiation safety officer for the site until they hire a replacement. Are you fargin' kidding me?  Given the way things go around here I'm sure that it will take months not weeks to hire someone.  

For the past two months I've been stretched thin working on three projects simultaneously.  Our site safety officer announced he was leaving earlier this week and yesterday I was approached to act as the radiation safety officer for the site until they hire a replacement. Are you fargin' kidding me?  Given the way things go around here I'm sure that it will take months not weeks to hire someone.  

When you post your not like..... infecting the interwebs with radiation right? Cause, I don't want my fingers to turn green and fall off from responding.

I'm making my second trip to the A**le Store to have them look at the $1600 laptop I bought two months ago that keeps crashing.  I've reinstalled the operating system twice (the second time after reformatting the hard drive).  Hardware diagnostics have not revealed an issue and running a disk check on the hard drive has found nothing wrong.  There are only two third-party programs loaded on the machine; a drawing program and an anti-virus.  The other day, the OS went belly up just playing a music file (with the music player built into the OS).  I thought perhaps the music file was corrupt, but after rebooting the same file played just fine. 

All my friends and co-workers swear that they have never, ever run into any problems like the one I am having with their (fruit name) computers. I should have just invested the $1600 in the stock market....  :wallbash:

Took my (mom's) van into the shop last week to get it looked at and they said it needs new front brake pads and rotors. $240 bucks. I have friends who regularly change their own brakes, one of whom helped me change mine on a different car a couple years ago, so I figured it'll be no problem to save a bunch of money.

Bought the parts for $75 online and went to change them today. The bottom of that van is so rusted that we couldn't even get the caplier off. Also, while we were taking the tire off the hub bearing broke, so that's another 40 dollars to buy new front hub bearings. I suppose it's better that I discovered the problem in a garage rather than on the side of the highway.

Now I have to bring it back to the shop and have them do it. Oh well.

I started driving it around 10 months ago, before that it was sitting in the garage for about 5 years save for occasional use. So the last time the brakes were changed was a loonnnnggg time ago.

One of my wife's clients had a product launch today. 

8 minutes after the launch, Hackers took over her site and replaced everything with their quaint little logo.

Took me 1 hour to eliminate the vulnerability, clear the malicious code, and reset the site.

My complaint is that her hosting company's support team told her that the site was unrecoverable. That there were no backups and all was lost. Her site has 5 years worth of content on it. This news must have absolutely crushed her, and it was completely wrong. These guys should know better.

I never knew WC was so anti-marijuana.

Eh, I don't have the time or money to play a 7 hour Fifa tournament and order 3 pizzas in one day anymore. Besides, I like drinking much more anyways. Much more social, and I'm not worrying about that time I called the teacher 'Mom' when I was 8. 

I mean, to be fair, she was actually my Mom being a substitute teacher. 

Eh, I don't have the time or money to play a 7 hour Fifa tournament and order 3 pizzas in one day anymore. Besides, I like drinking much more anyways. Much more social, and I'm not worrying about that time I called the teacher 'Mom' when I was 8.

It might be a lack of sleep catching up with me, but are you saying that you smoked weed when you were 8 years old?? Edited by Randall Flagg

It might be a lack of sleep catching up with me, but are you saying that you smoked weed when you were 8 years old??

Why would you assume that before assuming that WC made yet another typographical error?  :P

I... don't know what to say  :lol:  :lol:

There's a new family that moved into my neighborhood in the last 2 weeks or so.  Let's just say that this is a family that could wind up being profiled (I'm leaving this intentionally vague).  Well anyway, last week Wednesday I was out for a walk and there were two cop cars in front of their house.  I find out today that the mother was arrested for assault that day.  That's not exactly the best way to introduce yourself to a neighborhood, getting arrested at home about a week into living there.

I've pulled up the arrest report and there's essentially no detail there.  It may just be nothing, but obviously I'm not crazy about seeing something like this so soon after someone moved in.

There's a new family that moved into my neighborhood in the last 2 weeks or so.  Let's just say that this is a family that could wind up being profiled (I'm leaving this intentionally vague).  Well anyway, last week Wednesday I was out for a walk and there were two cop cars in front of their house.  I find out today that the mother was arrested for assault that day.  That's not exactly the best way to introduce yourself to a neighborhood, getting arrested at home about a week into living there.

I've pulled up the arrest report and there's essentially no detail there.  It may just be nothing, but obviously I'm not crazy about seeing something like this so soon after someone moved in.

I know they are new neighbors and you don't know them, but I'd steer clear.  For me this is a one strike and you're out situation.  We had/have neighbors who we were very close with who ended up having domestic issues.  It got to the point where my wife and I were getting dragged into their drama quite often so we had to cut them out of our lives.  They have since divorced and the wife still lives in the house, but we haven't spoken a word to her in probably six years.

Since that time I've known two families who were not close friends but were more acquaintances where domestic violence ended much more tragically.  One was a murder suicide right here in our quaint little piece of suburbia. 

I know they are new neighbors and you don't know them, but I'd steer clear.  For me this is a one strike and you're out situation.  We had/have neighbors who we were very close with who ended up having domestic issues.  It got to the point where my wife and I were getting dragged into their drama quite often so we had to cut them out of our lives.  They have since divorced and the wife still lives in the house, but we haven't spoken a word to her in probably six years.

Since that time I've known two families who were not close friends but were more acquaintances where domestic violence ended much more tragically.  One was a murder suicide right here in our quaint little piece of suburbia. 

Their house is directly next to the mail kiosk, so it's one we will be walking by every day.  I haven't met them yet though, other than a simple hello while walking by one day.  It does seem like a strange living situation though as I've seen at least 4 different adults and a handful of kids.

I'll have to do some digging though, as I feel like we need to be aware of what happened.  My next door neighbor has a friend in the police department, so I'll have to check with him next time I see him.