Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Sunday night d4rk and I played hockey as walk ons. One of my favorite teammates from my league was there as a walk on as well. Wonderful, sweet, funny guy. With five minutes to go in the game, he falls down. Something about the way he fell made me look (i was on the bench)... and he stayed down. Whistle blows and we all realize his ankle is busted. His skate is on literally sideways. Oh man. I wanted to barf. Another teammate of mine there is an EMT, and there were plenty of people who wanted to help- they called an ambulance.

I sure hope he's doing better. I hope he has a job that doesn't require being on his feet a lot, and he has someone readily available to drive him around (right ankle). As one of ladies in the locker room said "there goes his summer". :(

Similar thing happened to me a week back. Had a great two interviews at a large manufacturing company and they made it seem like I was a sure thing to get this position. Told me to wait a few weeks since the whole accounting/finance department was going on a few site visits and month end close stuff. Wait a few weeks and call back to check on whats up and no word. Turns out they decided that they didn't need that position and are creating an upper level position instead. Would have been nice to let me know so I could move on to other offers. :devil:

I checked in on the interview and the response I got was that their department doesn't move very quickly and I shouldn't expect to hear anything anytime soon. So I can read the writing on the wall on that one. I'll never hear anything from them again, so I'm moving on.

Sorry to hear about that weave. Were your families close at all?

People who leave recipe reviews like this:

"These are delicious! I also use Liquid Aminos instead of soy sauce. I left out the carrot & doubled the zuchinni, used fresh gluten-free bread crumbs instead of the quinoa (ground up the ends of some Udi's whole wheat bread in my magic bullet), left out the thyme, doubled the oregano, and used half a pouch of dry Italian Dressing mix to give it extra flavor :)"

Gee, thanks, you've changed half of the ingredients and all the spice ratios, and somehow this still applies to the original recipe.

Looking at homes in the near future. Did you use someone local, or one of the national guys?

I went with someone local and it was a mistake. The market in Nashville is so hot that everyone and their brother are building urban infill homes. The problem is they know something about building homes, but know little about running a business. Warranty issues for the most part involve finding a lawyer and suing them... 'cus when you close, they're gone. Many of my neighbors have had this problem. In short, always go with a big national company if you can because they're set up to handle customer service and warranty issues post-sale where as the local guys may or may not be.

oh. i have a lighthearted complaint.

d4rk shaved his beard off.

I can't deal.

The cat is mad about it.

And no one at work recognizes me.

I have to shave mine in order to wear my respirator again. I'm not happy. I haven't told my lady yet. She won't be happy either

I feel your pains :(

Sorry to hear about that weave. Were your families close at all?

Not super close. We've had beers in the backyard a few times. Our kids hung out together for a few years even though their son is 4 yrs older than ours. Just plain good neighbors.

Jo, are you going to let him talk about you like that?!

Insert joke about ###### here. Meeeyow.

But no, that cat loves sitting on his gut and sticking his face in d4rk's beard. He yowls and runs around the house like the sky is falling if d4rk goes to take a shower or something. I just live there...

Birthday was yesterday and it was pretty much a constant reminder via fb that all my friends are married. Also the office politics above my pay grade are stupid.

I'll bet when all your married friends see your profile on FB they are saying damn that Liger. He's still single with no ball and chain. Lucky SOB. :P

Birthday was yesterday and it was pretty much a constant reminder via fb that all my friends are married. Also the office politics above my pay grade are stupid.

Dude. Stop looking at marriage as some sort of achievement / goal / etc. and live your life. You'll meet the right one, and when you do, you'll understand why the other ones weren't the right ones.

Saturday afternoon we had my Mom over for her Mother's Day dinner. Mom got here around 2pm. After I started dinner around 5pm I noticed a drip coming from our kitchen ceiling. WTF? Someone had just used the bathroom. Bathroom is right above the kitchen. Yep, you know where this is going. Waste plumbing failure on the 2nd floor. It was raining in the kitchen. Raining after someone used the toilet. As dinner was being made. Lovely.

Pulled down a section of tongue and groove wood ceiling (that I installed just a couple years ago) and put a hole in the drywall to discover a sizeable leak in the waste line upstairs. Our house was built around 1870. Not much doubt in my mind that alot of the drain side plumbing is at least 100 yrs old. Called a plumber, who was gracious enough to stop by immediately. He couldn't work on it on Saturday eve, and of course Mother's Day was out of the question, but he'd be at our house first thing Monday AM.

it is fixed now. Plumber was there for over 12 hours stretched between Monday and Tuesday. Our kitchen is still in shambles though. and the ceiling is trashed. The bill is for a good bit north of $1000. Insurance won't cover it. Apparently they deem it wear and tear so no coverage. The entire drain line was corroded beyond use and for much of the horizontal stretch the top had rusted and disintegrated. We didn't have waste pipe. We had a waste trough as the pipe was "topless". I don't know how we didn't have a problem sooner.

Ouch, weave... that sucks. The joys of homeownership, right? I guess at least it's good you were home when the plumbing finally gave instead of coming home to a disaster.

I'm freaking exhausted. I worked 12 hours each Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday, and yesterday I worked 10 hours. I'm doing it to myself, but sometimes being salaried isn't so great.

Ouch, weave... that sucks. The joys of homeownership, right? I guess at least it's good you were home when the plumbing finally gave instead of coming home to a disaster.

I'm freaking exhausted. I worked 12 hours each Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday, and yesterday I worked 10 hours. I'm doing it to myself, but sometimes being salaried isn't so great.

Salaried =\= Infinite work hours.

Americans really need to get a grasp on this.

Dude. Stop looking at marriage as some sort of achievement / goal / etc. and live your life. You'll meet the right one, and when you do, you'll understand why the other ones weren't the right ones.

This.

As a girl who is surrounded by girls my age getting rocks on their fingers and babies in their bodies, I understand. I can't meet up with anyone I haven't seen in awhile without getting the "so..... you getting married soon? Kids? House?". Half the kids I know going that route are having this mid twenties biological clock meltdown - as my friend who's marrying the wrong man this fall said recently "well, he's handsome, i guess we'll make it work, he won't ###### up anymore because divorce is a bitch and this is the last chance I'll be able to have my wedding before I get too old and it's a joke".

Upon me explaining to someone that no, it's going to be a few years before I myself don a white dress and sashay down any aisle or pop out any grandbabies, I was told "better hurry up or you'll be too old and have to adopt". :wallbash:

I think a lot of people forget there's a marriage after the sparkly party is over.

oof. sorry. Liger's complaint hit my 24 year old girl rant nerve. I'm so sick of people telling me where I should be on the good little housewife scale. Nothing wrong with whatever choices you make, babies and marriage are wonderful when it's right for you, just stop expecting me to do the same thing.

You do you, Liger, it'll work out for you.

Also, holy crap weave, that sucks. :(