Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My lease was supposed to end at the end of July, but we had to get out a month early. The building company wasn't very flexible at all, saying we needed to find someone to sign a new 12 month lease starting on 7/1 or else we'd have to pay that last month anyway. So we did wind up finding someone. These people will be paying $75 more per month than we did. I also had to pay $150 per month for a parking spot, but the new people don't have a car. So now the building company wants me to pay that last $150 that they're missing out on. This seems so incredibly cheap to me, especially since I'm sure they'll just turn around and sell that spot to someone else anyway (spots are in high demand).

I don't know the specifics, but I don't think they can legally rent out a space that you already paid for. Have an extra vehicle? Park it there for the month. :)

My lease was supposed to end at the end of July, but we had to get out a month early. The building company wasn't very flexible at all, saying we needed to find someone to sign a new 12 month lease starting on 7/1 or else we'd have to pay that last month anyway. So we did wind up finding someone. These people will be paying $75 more per month than we did. I also had to pay $150 per month for a parking spot, but the new people don't have a car. So now the building company wants me to pay that last $150 that they're missing out on. This seems so incredibly cheap to me, especially since I'm sure they'll just turn around and sell that spot to someone else anyway (spots are in high demand).

So this large building which probably pulls in close to $200,000 a month from renters (before even accounting for the money for parking spaces) is going to haggle over $150? And it's actually only half of that since we got them an extra $75 from the new renters. Not to mention the fact that we saved them the realtor fee they would have paid if they did wind up listing the apartment on their own. It all seems so petty to me.

Go buy one of those little tricycles and chain it to the spot. I'd pay $150 for that. Oh, and with a little license plate that says F U on it.

I don't know the specifics, but I don't think they can legally rent out a space that you already paid for. Have an extra vehicle? Park it there for the month. :)

I haven't paid for it, which is why they want one more month's worth of money. The whole thing feels like a slippery slope to me. If they can claim that I owe them the money for the parking spot since I originally agreed to paying it in the lease, they can also claim that I owe them the money for rent as well.

So my transition into my new role is not going as expected. The guy that's helping my transition is someone I help get a job in the company and has been here half the amount of time I have. His methodologies are suspect and not how I do things. Our boss wants him to show me the ropes of the side of the business I've been a part of for 14 years while the side I am going to manage is essentially beijg ignored. Our boss sold everyone on this other guy taking over until I'm acclimated but I'm at least his equal and he's only been on that side part time for 2 months. My boss was curt with me when I expressed interest in jumping into my new role and said the other guy was doing it until I'm ready. Well, I'm ready but no one seems to notice or care. I'm being handled with kid gloves when I want to be thrown into the fire. I know my boss is doing this for both our protection but I think it's just delaying the inevitable.

I haven't paid for it, which is why they want one more month's worth of money. The whole thing feels like a slippery slope to me. If they can claim that I owe them the money for the parking spot since I originally agreed to paying it in the lease, they can also claim that I owe them the money for rent as well.

Wish I knew MA law, but that ###### wouldn't fly here.

So this large building which probably pulls in close to $200,000 a month from renters (before even accounting for the money for parking spaces) is going to haggle over $150? And it's actually only half of that since we got them an extra $75 from the new renters. Not to mention the fact that we saved them the realtor fee they would have paid if they did wind up listing the apartment on their own. It all seems so petty to me.

Don't pay it and see if it goes to collections?

Came home from work this evening and went into the yard to check on my pepper plants. The habeneros were all shriveled up and dropping their leaves. The jalapenos didn't look so good either. Closer inspection revealed aphids sucking the life out of my precious, precious chile pepper plants. Tons and tons of aphids. So many that the stems and underside of the leaves appeared to be moving. Damit! Made a run to the store for insecticidal soap. They are all thoroughly dosed now but I don't think the habs are gonna make it.most of them look too far gone to survive. Might have to replant this weekend.

Interesting thing is, the Super Chili varietals didn't seem to be bothered by the aphids. So much for GMO being horrible, awful things. Those man-made hybrids seem to have the little sap sucking bastages beat.

Came home from work this evening and went into the yard to check on my pepper plants. The habeneros were all shriveled up and dropping their leaves. The jalapenos didn't look so good either. Closer inspection revealed aphids sucking the life out of my precious, precious chile pepper plants. Tons and tons of aphids. So many that the stems and underside of the leaves appeared to be moving. Damit! Made a run to the store for insecticidal soap. They are all thoroughly dosed now but I don't think the habs are gonna make it.most of them look too far gone to survive. Might have to replant this weekend.

Interesting thing is, the Super Chili varietals didn't seem to be bothered by the aphids. So much for GMO being horrible, awful things. Those man-made hybrids seem to have the little sap sucking bastages beat.

You need more ladybugs!

As if my schedule wasn't jam-packed enough...I have tendonitis in my wrist, which has become more irritating (not painful, just aching) over the past few weeks. Finally went to PT yesterday and I have to see her twice a week for the next month. I decided to do the early appointments before work so that I don't mess up anything I have going on in the evenings. Typing on this keyboard sure doesn't help it.

The work projects are now ramping up even more, with more out-of-town trips coming up. Yay.

out of the ER, basically she needs a prescription for some stuff but they let her leave and shes texting me saying she is still in major pain... may be a short work day for me... o wait no it won't because Orientation is tomorrow and stuff still isn't done for it.

As if my schedule wasn't jam-packed enough...I have tendonitis in my wrist, which has become more irritating (not painful, just aching) over the past few weeks. Finally went to PT yesterday and I have to see her twice a week for the next month. I decided to do the early appointments before work so that I don't mess up anything I have going on in the evenings. Typing on this keyboard sure doesn't help it.

The work projects are now ramping up even more, with more out-of-town trips coming up. Yay.

I hope yours works out better than mine. In my case the problem is with the 2 tendons controlling thumb movement. I've had 4 cortisone injections over about 18 months. Had the most recent this past Tuesday. They told me "no more cortisone". Next time it flares that want to perform surgery.

Was woken up by a phone call at 5am, the girl is so ill I had to take her to the ER. Sitting there now.

Hope it's nothing too serious. My stepmom went to the ER last Sat. and found out she had a kidney stone. They sent her home with some Percocet and she finally had an appt with a urologist yesterday. His $40 professional opinion is that it's too small for surgery and she should just keep taking Percocet until it passes on its own. Yes, because everyone can burn a week or two of vacation while doped-up and waiting for a kidney stone to move itself. Jackass.

As for myself: I went to the dentist Mon. afternoon for what I'd expected to be a 30-45 min. appt to re-cement a loose crown. That turned into a 3 1/2 hour appt where first the crown wouldn't come off, then it did, but in such a fashion that it can't be re-used, and now I've got another temporary with the prospect of either another crown in a few months or getting the tooth pulled and having a tooth implant if it looks like there's decay. Now my FSA is pretty much empty with 7 months to go in the year. On the plus side, my tin temporary crown is pretty pimp. Any suggestions on my new rapper alias? So far the running favorite is Lil' Hooch.

Hope it's nothing too serious. My stepmom went to the ER last Sat. and found out she had a kidney stone. They sent her home with some Percocet and she finally had an appt with a urologist yesterday. His $40 professional opinion is that it's too small for surgery and she should just keep taking Percocet until it passes on its own. Yes, because everyone can burn a week or two of vacation while doped-up and waiting for a kidney stone to move itself. Jackass.

As for myself: I went to the dentist Mon. afternoon for what I'd expected to be a 30-45 min. appt to re-cement a loose crown. That turned into a 3 1/2 hour appt where first the crown wouldn't come off, then it did, but in such a fashion that it can't be re-used, and now I've got another temporary with the prospect of either another crown in a few months or getting the tooth pulled and having a tooth implant if it looks like there's decay. Now my FSA is pretty much empty with 7 months to go in the year. On the plus side, my tin temporary crown is pretty pimp. Any suggestions on my new rapper alias? So far the running favorite is Lil' Hooch.

DJ Bio-Bling?

My complaint; Tropical Storms... F*&% Florida.

PA in 3...2..1..