Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Concussion and ankle keep me out of volleyball and drinking for 2-4 weeks. Plus found out my two best friends are moving to completely separate states, 1 within a month and the other probably within 6. Collateral damage includes two other friends not being around anymore because they'll be moving as a result of the first two moving. 

I've had better weekends 

I know it's not Thursday anymore, but I can't resist...

Back pain has been bugging me for a year. The chiropractor insisted it was due to my hips - one being shorter than the other. After 8 months of a special insert in my shoes not helping, I insisted to him that it wasn't getting better. He approved an MRI, which showed inflamed discs in my lumbar vertebrae. It's taken me out of commission for a month and I miss doing my workouts. The chiropractor decided that spinal decompression is the answer, but it hasn't helped. So, I caved a bit and went to my primary doctor, who recommended physical therapy. I've been to three treatments with PT and I'm already slowly getting better.

He's a real nice guy, but I just wish the chiropractor would've done a better job of helping fix the issue instead of treating the symptoms.

This freaking idiot I have to work with! You need to change the freaking thing. IDC if it makes it slightly easier for you. It makes it 100x harder for me. Stop giving me ###### about it and change it. 

I've complained about my co-worker for about a year now. He's lazy and sloppy, but makes so many excuses about how things aren't his fault, our mgmt can't do anything about it. He even got "exempted" from overnight trips because he hates doing them (I admit they're a bit of a pain in the arse, but we all have to do them every now & then) and claimed he was told he didn't have to do them upon his hiring 5 years ago. HR had no argument against it, so they relented.  :censored: :censored:

That one family member that thinks group text messages are the place to make passive aggressive political comments.... In said group chat, he's outnumbered 7 to 1 in political philosophy. No one ever engages him, but he still tries to rile everyone.

I take no issue with his opposing views. He's not obnoxious whatsoever about them face to face, and we have some decent conversations. But get behind a 5.8 inch screen and he tries to jam it down your throat. Odd and annoying.

That one family member that thinks group text messages are the place to make passive aggressive political comments.... In said group chat, he's outnumbered 7 to 1 in political philosophy. No one ever engages him, but he still tries to rile everyone.

I take no issue with his opposing views. He's not obnoxious whatsoever about them face to face, and we have some decent conversations. But get behind a 5.8 inch screen and he tries to jam it down your throat. Odd and annoying.

Sounds like he's bored/lonely

News came in earlier this week to do a spot on us, which is awesome. But the camera guy was really invasive. In your face. Underneath me when I was trying to teach. In the way. All up angles which are extremely unflattering. I'm maybe a 5/10 to begin with but now there's some nice lengthy clips of me shot from a close up worm's eye view out there and ... woof. 

We had a couple people who'd missed our emails about the news being there- one woman was there for her first time- and he was just in her face even after she made it abundantly clear she didn't want to be on camera. I was tightening her harness in the crotch area and there he was, zoomed in on what I was doing and cracking jokes... don't think that made the cut thank god. Really threw me off my game.

Hate seeing pictures or videos of myself/hearing my voice. 

News came in earlier this week to do a spot on us, which is awesome. But the camera guy was really invasive. In your face. Underneath me when I was trying to teach. In the way. All up angles which are extremely unflattering. I'm maybe a 5/10 to begin with but now there's some nice lengthy clips of me shot from a close up worm's eye view out there and ... woof. 

We had a couple people who'd missed our emails about the news being there- one woman was there for her first time- and he was just in her face even after she made it abundantly clear she didn't want to be on camera. I was tightening her harness in the crotch area and there he was, zoomed in on what I was doing and cracking jokes... don't think that made the cut thank god. Really threw me off my game.

Uuummm,

That all sounds very creepy to me.  You may want to consider reporting it.

And, I think you are too hard on yourself.  Not to add to the creep factor, but 5/10? Come on now.

Edited by Sabersfläkt i NS

Uuummm,

That all sounds very creepy to me.  You may want to consider reporting it.

And, I think you are too hard on yourself.  Not to add to the creep factor, but 5/10? Come on now.

He was very kind just very invasive. It was really upsetting to a couple of the women and we had to apologize after he'd left- we had thought there would be a few people, a camera set up, not one guy super involved. 

Eh, I'm not aging that well. I had it going on in college alright but I hide most of my face in most photos that I'm not in control of now. They want me to perform solo in April a couple of places and the head of our sister studio already said he doesn't think I'm pretty enough to do it. He means mostly my lack of grace/presence, but most of the other troupe members are either super attractive (like the girl who's a literal fu*king bikini model and worked the last 6 months in the Bahamas performing) or incredibly good. Body builder, couple former models, two former ballerinas, super in shape or skinny. I'm very strong but I look pretty average, build wise. Found out yesterday his wife (who owns both studios) was a former Hooters girl/model so... yeah... I don't really fit. Fine as the strong horse-built doubles partner holding the pretty tiny flexy girl, not fine to solo. Kinda harsh reality but that's performing. I've heard it my whole life- from dancing/gymnastics as a little girl to being on a show team for martial arts- "you're so talented but you don't have the look"

Then again, maybe seeing someone who isn't that kind of look would be really inspiring to some people. I've had a lot of beginners tell me they almost didn't sign up because they're not the tiny, flexible performer type. My message is "anyone can do this and find their role" so it sucks to be up against "you don't fit the role".

Edited by ABBA_älskare_69

If there is one thing that ENG cameramen are not, it's subtle.

Am I just a dumb user with a smart phone? There's this office I normally call that has a phone directory that used to be, "For Mary, press 8." Now for Mary I have to enter Mary's name. How do I enter Mary on my keypad?

And yes, you're a dumb user.

:D

Edited by SwampD

Remember that whole "me being a plumbing expert" thing I was bragging about in the awesome thread a couple weeks ago? Yeah....

So the roto rooter guy just left.

No I didn't botch the job. I'm just in no way qualified to tackle the whole snaking out of my main drain pipe that just had to take place. Sucked, but it's done now and I'm relieved.

And yes, you're a dumb user.

:D

I thought someone would answer like this. It's not 1-800-HOT-CHICKS where each letter has a corresponding number. My problem is that each number doesn't have a singular corresponding letter. You can't enter the exact letters MARY on the numeric keypad. And when I did enter 6279, it no worky.

I thought someone would answer like this. It's not 1-800-HOT-CHICKS where each letter has a corresponding number. My problem is that each number doesn't have a singular corresponding letter. You can't enter the exact letters MARY on the numeric keypad. And when I did enter 6279, it no worky.

That may be true, but each letter does have only a single corresponding number.

Did you hit the "#" key when you were done?

Remember that whole "me being a plumbing expert" thing I was bragging about in the awesome thread a couple weeks ago? Yeah....

So the roto rooter guy just left.

No I didn't botch the job. I'm just in no way qualified to tackle the whole snaking out of my main drain pipe that just had to take place. Sucked, but it's done now and I'm relieved.

Plumbing problems suck.   Rented a power snake from HD a few years ago to clean out my sewer drain.    The thing got stuck about 60 ft out near the street, under the front lawn... had to call a plumber to come help get it unstuck and then clean out some roots.   Was lucky they didn't need to dig it out of the lawn.    Ended up getting the sewer line relined and no drainage problems since, that was 5-6 years ago.

Just had my entire house repiped with PEX after 7 pinhole leaks (+ one slab leak) over the past 5 years.    House was built in 64', and whatever copper they used, combined with whatever they put in the water here in south orange county, is destroying the copper.   Just about all my neighbors have the same issues.   I think it's a conspiracy orchestrated between local governments and the plumbers union, ha!

You'd think that would solve all the plumbing issues, but now we have some shower drains backing up because of old cast iron drains that accumulate gunk (and my wife's long hair).    I've tried everything, various chemicals, snake, plunger, etc..  I'm thinking about getting it hydro-jetted as a last resort.   

My face looks like it’s been sand blasted. Working on the barren plains of Batavia with the wind whipping me like its bitch. My 19 yo 1st yr partner is trying to figure out wtf is going on all day, so I do everything myself.

It’s nine years until I can get full pension but I’m working on a plan to do it in five. I just need to stay alive that long.

Bump. Same as it ever was.

My daughter (1st grade, 6 years old) tells me they had a "Lockdown A" drill at school today. I asked her what that was, she explained that it's what they do if a "bad person" comes into school trying to hurt people. She described the "closet" they had to hide in, all I can think about is Sandy Hook, and ###### literally everybody. Humanity is truly a stain on this planet.

She asked me if I had those drills in school. I answered no, she was amazed. Could not process it. I then explained fallout drills, which they'll probably be needing to reinstate shortly anyway... see the end of the first paragraph.

I know it's not Thursday anymore, but I can't resist...

Back pain has been bugging me for a year. The chiropractor insisted it was due to my hips - one being shorter than the other. After 8 months of a special insert in my shoes not helping, I insisted to him that it wasn't getting better. He approved an MRI, which showed inflamed discs in my lumbar vertebrae. It's taken me out of commission for a month and I miss doing my workouts. The chiropractor decided that spinal decompression is the answer, but it hasn't helped. So, I caved a bit and went to my primary doctor, who recommended physical therapy. I've been to three treatments with PT and I'm already slowly getting better.

He's a real nice guy, but I just wish the chiropractor would've done a better job of helping fix the issue instead of treating the symptoms.

I've complained about my co-worker for about a year now. He's lazy and sloppy, but makes so many excuses about how things aren't his fault, our mgmt can't do anything about it. He even got "exempted" from overnight trips because he hates doing them (I admit they're a bit of a pain in the arse, but we all have to do them every now & then) and claimed he was told he didn't have to do them upon his hiring 5 years ago. HR had no argument against it, so they relented.  :censored: :censored:

Yeah its like that at my work to, people sign and are told they have to do every shift, nights, mornings, evenings weekends.

But in the end only a couple of us are screwed that way , and we are used as fill up on the schedule and my shifts have been all over the place.

Doing a nightshift end at 06.30 and better not sleep to much because you have to be back at 06.30 the next morning.     And the people that get the easy schedule are also the lazy idiots that hardly do anything , or when they do leave such a mess for me to clean up.    Man I hope they never give me the job of planning the schedule, those idiots I would play around with so they would just quit.