Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Ugh sorry. I don't wanna get into this again. I'll get by. I'm just really on edge. I'm alive, I'm healthy, I have a good relationship and an apartment, a car that works, and support nets. I'll be fine. I'm just scared it'll all fall apart, and I have a bad habit of seeing all my super successful friends and going "what's wrong with me" instead of just realizing it's not a race, and we'll all be dead someday. But that's life. 

I know you're sick of me saying this, but you're so lucky you're free of all the that comes with working a 9-5. I wish I could make my own hours. I wish I didn't have debts to pay that required me to even have this job. You might not be making a lot, but you're not trapped like I am, dependent on the benevolence of my employer, hoping that they will continue to see me as essential to their financial success in perpetuity. You can always make money with your art. Me? Back to the factories. Woof. 

I know you're sick of me saying this, but you're so lucky you're free of all the ###### that comes with working a 9-5. I wish I could make my own hours. I wish I didn't have debts to pay that required me to even have this job. You might not be making a lot, but you're not trapped like I am, dependent on the benevolence of my employer, hoping that they will continue to see me as essential to their financial success in perpetuity. You can always make money with your art. Me? Back to the factories. Woof. 

Yeah well I wish I had a better job so that you didn't feel so pressured. That I could be another safety net for you. 

It's not easy but we're ok for now. I'm not sure this age is ever easy for anyone, despite what all our friends' highlight reel facebook/instagram lives seem to say. 

All the world is here at the gym right now. And they're all in my way!

Edit: and I forgot my watch again!

Truly a story of inspiration :lol:

Yeah well I wish I had a better job so that you didn't feel so pressured. That I could be another safety net for you. 

It's not easy but we're ok for now. I'm not sure this age is ever easy for anyone, despite what all our friends' highlight reel facebook/instagram lives seem to say. 

Quarter life crises?

My daughter (1st grade, 6 years old) tells me they had a "Lockdown A" drill at school today. I asked her what that was, she explained that it's what they do if a "bad person" comes into school trying to hurt people. She described the "closet" they had to hide in, all I can think about is Sandy Hook, and literally everybody. Humanity is truly a stain on this planet.

She asked me if I had those drills in school. I answered no, she was amazed. Could not process it. I then explained fallout drills, which they'll probably be needing to reinstate shortly anyway... see the end of the first paragraph.

Truly a story of inspiration :lol:

Quarter life crises?

haha I suppose. We're both past that age now though .More like "oh god we're almost/over 30, we should have a house and be starting kids by now, right? sh!t, we're broke and none of that is feasible or a good decision aaaghghghhhhh" 

Edited by ABBA_älskare_69

I don't really feel that much pressure to be honest. You need to not worry about that. I'll keep paying the bills if you keep working at your business. You'll be way more proud of your business some day than I'll ever be of any 9-5 job I'll ever work. 

haha I suppose. We're both past that age now though .More like "oh god we're almost/over 30, we should have a house and be starting kids by now, right? sh!t, we're broke aaaghghghhhhh" 

Just did the ol' quarter life crises. Not fun 

My brother is your age, says you get another one right about then for the same reasons. If it helps you're right; everyone's going through the same exact ######. Everybody wants something else, and nobody is happy with what they have. Thought my buddy's had it made and then I talked to them last weekend. Jesus Christ am I happy I'm not them :lol:

Guess what I realized is really nothing is as bad as it seems, and don't ever be jealous of someone else cause like I said, 9.9 times outta 10 they're jealous of what you have

Edited by Jokertecken

haha I suppose. We're both past that age now though .More like "oh god we're almost/over 30, we should have a house and be starting kids by now, right? sh!t, we're broke aaaghghghhhhh" 

Stop worrying about it. If nothing works out we'll just spend the rest of our days camping in the national parks and living off of government cheese or something. It'll be great. 

My daughter (1st grade, 6 years old) tells me they had a "Lockdown A" drill at school today. I asked her what that was, she explained that it's what they do if a "bad person" comes into school trying to hurt people. She described the "closet" they had to hide in, all I can think about is Sandy Hook, and ###### literally everybody. Humanity is truly a stain on this planet.

She asked me if I had those drills in school. I answered no, she was amazed. Could not process it. I then explained fallout drills, which they'll probably be needing to reinstate shortly anyway... see the end of the first paragraph.

It's crazy isn't it? 

Stop worrying about it. If nothing works out we'll just spend the rest of our days camping in the national parks and living off of government cheese or something. It'll be great. 

Knew there was some Charlie in you

Do “things get better stories help.

Depends on how that quotation ends...

Just did the ol' quarter life crises. Not fun 

My brother is your age, says you get another one right about then for the same reasons. If it helps you're right; everyone's going through the same exact ######. Everybody wants something else, and nobody is happy with what they have. Thought my buddy's had it made and then I talked to them last weekend. Jesus Christ am I happy I'm not them :lol:

Guess what I realized is really nothing is as bad as it seems, and don't ever be jealous of someone else cause like I said, 9.9 times outta 10 they're jealous of what you have

I'm just wary of what I hear older friends/family say- 4-5 years matters so much/takes so long right now. But then life's gonna up the treadmill speed, we'll blink and 20 years will have passed. I'm already noticing things speeding up, and I'm not a fan. 

Youth is wasted on the young! 

It's crazy isn't it? 

Dude they upped it to like 80 bucks per car for visiting... I don't think we can afford it... 

now some back holler down south on a toxic mining runoff dump? Yeah, probably. How much do you like mosquitoes? 

I'm just wary of what I hear older friends/family say- 4-5 years matters so much/takes so long right now. But then life's gonna up the treadmill speed, we'll blink and 20 years will have passed. I'm already noticing things speeding up, and I'm not a fan. 

Youth is wasted on the young! 

Dude they upped it to like 80 bucks per car for visiting... I don't think we can afford it... 

now some back holler down south on a toxic mining runoff dump? Yeah, probably. How much do you like mosquitoes? 

They wont bite me if I don't shower. 

The peace and security of retirement combined with the freedom and vitality of youth?

Who wants it?

Look what it got Ville Leino

Ville Leino is an American success story if there ever was one. Get paid to suck at your job and then spend the rest of your life f*cking around. The trust fund baby's dream. 

The shortest day I have worked in the past two weeks has probably been 10 hours.  Yesterday I was here from 9:45am to 2:45am (really) and then came back in at 8am.  I can't wait to have this GD lab inspection done and behind us, but gotta get through one more week first.  I'm well compensated for what I do, but holy hell am I ever earning that paycheck right now, and it's frustrating seeing others coast along with their 37.5 hour work week and no weekends.  Blargh.

The shortest day I have worked in the past two weeks has probably been 10 hours.  Yesterday I was here from 9:45am to 2:45am (really) and then came back in at 8am.  I can't wait to have this GD lab inspection done and behind us, but gotta get through one more week first.  I'm well compensated for what I do, but holy hell am I ever earning that paycheck right now, and it's frustrating seeing others coast along with their 37.5 hour work week and no weekends.  Blargh.

That sucks Bio. Make sure you take some time to decompress when you can for your health