Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Those are all perfectly good cars though.

I miss the cheaper insurance rates of old, paid off cars. I'm paying $510/mo when you combine my loan and the required insurance. I could buy a different used 2001 Buick LeSabre every 4 months at that rate and just throw them away when they break :lol:

Both the Explorer and 500 had something break on them that was more costly than just buying a new used car. No I'm not spending 2k to replace the transmission when the new-to-me G6 only cost $4,500. I wasn't even mad when I had my uncle take the old 500 to the scrap yard and give me a couple hundred bucks since the investment is so minimal.

Again to each their own, but I really expect even when I am old and financially secure i'll still be driving used 10 year old cars.

Have to train someone for my function at work, he already has had 3x the training I ever did.  Still doesn't get it and won't ever get it.

But we are so depleted we literally don't have any other options and management thinks its ok to give him another shot for the next 3 months.

Meanwhile a lot of former colleagues are willing to return, could probably handle it much better than him, but they won't hire them because "company policy".

Company policy: we don't rehire employees that left us.    Still would be cheaper than having to train someone new for another two years though.

Edited by blåbär

I started taking probiotics to maybe help a bit with digestive issues, and they aren't kidding when they say the first week or so can have some digestive symptoms while your body gets used to them. Blah. 

I also just sat through my free attempt at a 5 hour long Quantum Mechanics qualifying exam. My goals for this attempt were to 

a.) not embarrass myself

b.)...that's it. 

Well, I had fun the first 2 hours because there's no pressure on a free attempt and I have another semester of QM before taking it for real this summer. But then I started doing more than I thought I'd be able to. And then I realized that if I flipped the page and could do half of the last problem, I had a real chance at passing the thing on my free attempt. I turn the page...and....

the question is on a topic which I put my bookmark in last night when I got to that section, because I had a very bad headache and needed to go to bed. If I had just done another hour of careful studying last night, chance put that problem right on the freaking test, and I would have likely passed my free attempt of my first qualifier. I likely just missed out otherwise. . 

I have to remember my goals though, and it went better than I thought it would, and it should be cake come August.

Sounds a lot like me other than I'm fairly happy with my car if for no other reason than I had to get a new one back in 2015 because I live in the South and the AC died on my old one that summer.

If the government shuts down on the 19th I won't get paid on the 26th and between going to Vegas last year and over spending on xmas gifts for family the meager savings I do have will only be enough to float me until my February mortgage payment gets made. If the shutdown lasts long enough for me to miss 2 paychecks I'm going to have to get a short term loan from my credit union or risk not paying off my monthly credit card balance in full until the shutdown is over and I get my retroactive pay. I'm deemed "mission essential" or whatever terminology they're using now to mean that even though the government is shutdown that I still have to go in to work, I just won't get paid until it's over.

That is seriously effed up.

For me:  So. Much. Work.  We have a huge and important inspection coming up in two weeks and it's all hands on deck to get everything ready.  The new girl we hired back in Nov. isn't bad, but she hasn't been here long enough to contribute as much as I'd hoped and she seems bound and determined to only work 8 hours every day (including her lunch; if she comes in at 8:45am, she's out the door at 4:45pm).  Meanwhile I'm working 10-16 hour days trying to make sure everything gets done.  I don't expect the junior people to do that, but FFS would it kill her to do 9 hours?  She left early today because she didn't feel well, too.  I'm trying to be understanding because of everything she went through last month, but when the other junior person here is staying late even when he has a terrible cold and is keeping a blanket at his desk, it's hard not to be disappointed in her seeming lack of dedication.

Edited by biotönt

Stupid issue with my neck/head/shoulders. I’ve been hitting the weights hard s the last 6 months and have had some solid success. Only problem being needing weight beyond what my frame is intended for, causing terrible intermittent pain in my neck that occasionally spreads to my head and wipes me th F out. If I were smart I’d lighten up, but I’m friggin hooked. Same old addiction. I get hardcore, get an injury, try to work through it and fail. I’m doing squats and skating tomorrow. Working through it until I can’t. Until I officially fail.

Hitting the ground(or ice) hurts a lot more than it used to. Took the whole week off from the gym and am staying off the ice too. My shoulder didn’t fair well in the crash. I took a drive to Cabela’s in Cheektowaga to pick an atv plow and by the time I got there, I thought I was going to need a walker to get inside.

All the laying and crawling around on the concrete floor to install it was rough. This is coming from a rugged Iron Worker.... I felt like a little old man by the time I was done.

No more skating in baggy pants, dummy.

Time is not on my side today. First, I forgot my watch on my dresser when I left for work. That's the worst! But I've been home for 5 hours now, so that's kind of a moot point. Then, I overslept my nap by and hour and a half and ruined my plan for the gym. I'm headed there now, but it's gonna be busy as hell and that's gonna piss me right off.

I've just got it so rough, ya know?!

Everyone is happy today? WTF?

Eh, I mean, my life is like a chihuahua in a wolf pen, I'm always terrified about the next day, my future is uncertain, but I'm sure everyone's sick of hearing me freak out about being poor and sad. 

I have a friend who complains to me often about their financial woes, how hard it is to get some extra money, what it is to have imposter syndrome.... this person has a house and a full time job and beautiful new furniture and some freelance work and such and then furthers the complaints about their inaction about actually doing anything about it. I get it. It's tough. But while I commiserate with you, you're not going to win this pissing contest of who's in worse shape. What an awful contest. 

Edited by ABBA_älskare_69

:P

Sounds like your wedding idea was working though. So it's getting better

Stalled out already. One is working out I think. I'll build off it eventually, hopefully. I have a valentine's thing that's gotten me some work but that's barely enough to pay part of the rent in the end. And I have no idea how I'll get through February. Just feels like I'm really circling the drain this time. Been applying to more jobs, they're starting to appear. Hooray for another upcoming season of crushing disappointment and self hatred! 

Stalled out already. One is working out I think. I'll build off it eventually, hopefully. I have a valentine's thing that's gotten me some work but that's barely enough to pay part of the rent in the end. And I have no idea how I'll get through February. Just feels like I'm really circling the drain this time. Been applying to more jobs, they're starting to appear. Hooray for another upcoming season of crushing disappointment and self hatred! 

How far away are you applying? Maybe there's just not a lot in this area

How far away are you applying? Maybe there's just not a lot in this area

There's definitely not a lot in this area, and most of it wouldn't be worth the paycheck anyway. Not compared to the relative freedom of freelance. It's not a cash cow, but it's fine. It's only been a year and things have gone pretty well. She's working with my cousin on trying to take the next step for drumming up clients.

Eh, I mean, my life is like a chihuahua in a wolf pen, I'm always terrified about the next day, my future is uncertain, but I'm sure everyone's sick of hearing me freak out about being poor and sad. 

I have a friend who complains to me often about their financial woes, how hard it is to get some extra money, what it is to have imposter syndrome.... this person has a house and a full time job and beautiful new furniture and some freelance work and such and then furthers the complaints about their inaction about actually doing anything about it. I get it. It's tough. But while I commiserate with you, you're not going to win this pissing contest of who's in worse shape. What an awful contest. 

Sounds like me listening to people complain about their kids.

Ugh sorry. I don't wanna get into this again. I'll get by. I'm just really on edge. I'm alive, I'm healthy, I have a good relationship and an apartment, a car that works, and support nets. I'll be fine. I'm just scared it'll all fall apart, and I have a bad habit of seeing all my super successful friends and going "what's wrong with me" instead of just realizing it's not a race, and we'll all be dead someday. But that's life.