Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

You do realize that someone's going to take it personally, right?

Also, definitely got a laugh out of your post in the science thread, causing the people in class to check out my screen and wonder wtf I was doing online. I didn't even click on the link, just saw the url name.

:P

I think it is totally fine to read about the science of vaginas in an open classroom setting... although the other students will probably think you're a perv.

Does anyone remember when a television season was actually that, a full season? When the hell did they change to these seven show seasons with two premiers and two finales?

"Mid season finale", are you kidding me?!

:P

I think it is totally fine to read about the science of vaginas in an open classroom setting... although the other students will probably think you're a perv.

Printed out the article with my name as the author, started handing out copies to all the women in class. Fingers crossed...

Does anyone remember when a television season was actually that, a full season? When the hell did they change to these seven show seasons with two premiers and two finales?

They just didn't call it that, I guess. Shows have generally run from September/October until May, but most shows only shoot 20-26 episodes so there's a lot of missing weeks in there.

They just didn't call it that, I guess. Shows have generally run from September/October until May, but most shows only shoot 20-26 episodes so there's a lot of missing weeks in there.

yeah, there's always been a big episode during November Sweeps, followed by a few weeks of reruns while everybody watches christmas specials.

So I was put in charge of coordinating the inventory of all the equipment in our department that requires calibration. Over 1000 pieces of equipment, most of them micropipettes. We probably have 30 pipettes for every lab worker in our group. It's completely unneccessary and wasteful to have so many, try to keep them current and have nobody ever use them. Of course I've received very little response from people who I asked starting last week (and three emails since then) to go through their labs and tell me what they can find. Why I got stuck with this nonsense and not some QA lackey I'm not quite sure. The report is due tomorrow and it's going in as is along with all the ignored emails I sent. I found all the ###### from my labs, everyone else who didn't bother to respond can deal with whatever comes down.

Between this, all the purchasing crap, expense reports and mandatory corporate training BS I'd say I probably only spend 70% of my time doing what they actually hired me to do. When I started here they had other staff to take care of this stuff. Yeah for innovation.

I suspect it got started with the Walking Dead.

Couple more,…

I really wonder if the producers of Christmas commercials even know the there are white people that buy gifts as well?

At this point, anyone who still smokes,… is going to keep smoking. Why do I have to watch these anti-smoking commercials every ####ing game? I just don't care about anyone who has chosen to smoke who isn't 69 years old or older. You knew what you were getting into.

Couple more,…

I really wonder if the producers of Christmas commercials even know the there are white people that buy gifts as well?

At this point, anyone who still smokes,… is going to keep smoking. Why do I have to watch these anti-smoking commercials every ####ing game? I just don't care about anyone who has chosen to smoke who isn't 69 years old or older. You knew what you were getting into.

Haha, I agree on both points.

Two car crash deaths where I live this week. ######.

Drive safe everyone, always, please.

We're basically a one-street town, I called my family and they had driven the road a half hour before it happened, and we still don't know who it was yet, but we'll most likely know them

Gosh this stuff is nervewracking and heartbreaking

Edited by Arcsabresfan41

Finally it's open. Where to start...

One of my best friends is going through some marriage troubles after only a year or so in, to the point where he isn't willing/able to stay at his house. So I've had an impromptu roomate for the last few days. It's really a ###### situation as me and my lady are really good friends with both him and his wife and it has put us in the middle of a very stressful situation. Doesn't help that he's so depressed that all he wants to do is drink at our house or go out and do activities around the town to try to get his mind of things. Both parties are at fault for this situation and I won't get into the gory details but it has really thrown a wrench into my weekly routine.

That and my car is in the shop today for an unexpected repair. I have a strong feeling it is pretty major (i.e. transmission) as the repairman is having a hard time finding anything wrong even though it drives like hot garbage. Just started this past week. I don't have the time or money for this right now...

We have our company holiday reception tomorrow from 2-4, which is supposed to be a pretty big deal. For one project, we setup a one hour conference call at noon as it looked like the best time available. What wasn't mentioned to us ahead of time was that the call was actually noon pacific time. Oops.

And I've smelled like toothpaste all day because a drop of it fell on my shirt this morning and I didn't notice it until it was way too late.

One more complaint. It took me two hours to get from Kenmore to Downtown Buffalo this morning. What the heck happened out there? It was the same snowfall as any other Buffalo storm but everyone must have read the "How to drive below the Mason-Dixon line" pamphlets this morning. Yeesh.

I applied for a promotion at work - Senior Network Engineer. We're a relatively small company (less than 1000) and a small IT unit - probably about 15-20. I'm literally the most qualified person (not to mention very well qualified to begin with) for this job out of everyone in the company. It's in my group, so my current boss is the hiring manager. Company policy dictates that anyone internal should get an interview (or at least a discussion about why the hiring manager doesn't want to hire them) BEFORE the job is posted publicly.

I had yet to have an interview or said discussion before I saw the job posted on our public web site last week. The only "discussions" I've had with my boss about it only consisted of me asking where things stand with the open job. The boss' response was that she was reviewing the resumes that were submitted. I've heard nothing since. I even confirmed with HR that my understanding of the company policy was correct. I was told that my boss would set up an interview with me this week...still nothing. This is a slippery slope...it can get very awkward if I keep bugging her about it, yet I WANT THIS JOB.

I'm starting to think that she and her boss want me right where I am, instead of promoting me to the open job. :( At the end of the day, I'll still have a job and be employed. But this is the chance I've waited for for several years.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

So my car inspection expired 8 months ago.

whoops...

Wow. Mine is 2 years overdue now.... but I live in a county without inspections so win!

Travel makes me anxious. Not because I think something will happen, just I worry about missing flights or getting stuck next to the fat guy who smells on a plane. Not looking forward to traveling.

The wife is about as miserable as it gets right now. I can't tell how much is because she doesn't like her job and how much is due to all the bad stuff that happened last year at this time.

Oh, and I've had to be home for several visits from plumbers and handyman types while they try to figure out the source of some water damage in our bathroom. This week they finally figured it out. A previous tenant had tried to replace a drain on their own and wound up drilling some holes where they shouldn't have. So now they need to replace the entire shower. I'm not comfortable with anyone being in the house while we're not home, so that will be a nice streak of days where I will need to be home. I am able to work from home, but I'm not crazy about doing it regularly. I don't currently have a good setup for it and productivity is lacking.

I have a feeling I know why the tenant tried to fix the drain on their own. Any time there is work here, the landlord comes over and just sits on my couch the whole time. He's the most awkward guy ever. I could see someone trying to fix it on their own just to avoid that encounter.