Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

What is that? Sounds like something from the mid-eighties.

It's the word used to explain the "seamless consumer experience from store to online".They could just say "branding" but I don't think they think they sound as smart saying that.

GD I'm tired. Been staying up way too late all week to get those freaking cookies done and shipped out to people. And I woke up with my left eye hurting and blurry for no good reason... guess I must've slept with it mashed into the pillow or something. All I want to do is sleep for a good 20 hours or so.

GD I'm tired. Been staying up way too late all week to get those freaking cookies done and shipped out to people. And I woke up with my left eye hurting and blurry for no good reason... guess I must've slept with it mashed into the pillow or something. All I want to do is sleep for a good 20 hours or so.

I haven't been sleeping well lately, so I feel you here.

I haven't been sleeping well lately, so I feel you here.

My boss left early since his wife is sick and my only other co-worker is out until Jan. 2nd, so it's extremely tempting to just cut out early myself and try to get some sleep, but I have so much work to do that I really shouldn't. Except I'm so tired that I'm not exactly being productive (hence the SS posts), so...

If you're running out of time, my shipment can wait until after the new year. Thanks!

I hear ya. Just instead of cookies (ok, in addition to cookies which are happening for a white elephant thing tomorrow), make it xmas cards and last minute illustration requests and end of semester grading.

If anyone's in JFK, in the jet blue terminal (i think terminal 4), look for the Coatchex kiosk thing. I did illustrations for them a few weeks back and now I'm doing a big 6 foot tall one that's due.... tomorrow. It'll be up the 29th, with a hole for your face should you want to take a picture with it. (not sure i get their reasoning but hey). They've been a great client but holy crap, Week Before Xmas Can You Do This Massive Thing In 2 Days requests should be effin' illegal.

You know the song "silver and gold" from Rudolph? The weird snowman dude sings it. Well, I've been singing it as "deadlines and guilt... deadlines and guilt..."

If I don't kill myself by Xmas I'm going to kill someone else.

I hear ya. Just instead of cookies (ok, in addition to cookies which are happening for a white elephant thing tomorrow), make it xmas cards and last minute illustration requests and end of semester grading.

If anyone's in JFK, in the jet blue terminal (i think terminal 4), look for the Coatchex kiosk thing. I did illustrations for them a few weeks back and now I'm doing a big 6 foot tall one that's due.... tomorrow. It'll be up the 29th, with a hole for your face should you want to take a picture with it. (not sure i get their reasoning but hey). They've been a great client but holy crap, Week Before Xmas Can You Do This Massive Thing In 2 Days requests should be effin' illegal.

You know the song "silver and gold" from Rudolph? The weird snowman dude sings it. Well, I've been singing it as "deadlines and guilt... deadlines and guilt..."

If I don't kill myself by Xmas I'm going to kill someone else.

:lol:

My boss left early since his wife is sick and my only other co-worker is out until Jan. 2nd, so it's extremely tempting to just cut out early myself and try to get some sleep, but I have so much work to do that I really shouldn't. Except I'm so tired that I'm not exactly being productive (hence the SS posts), so...

I'm just to the point where if I have to put in extra time or thought prior to new years, it ain't gettin' done. my customers are ok with it too, it's the stupid internal deadlines that are pushing me.

Last week I went into the boards hard stopping a breakaway. I cut his angle down to nothing and his follow through trips me up. The goalie also somehow let the no angle shot in.

This week, I got concussed by my own teammate, and re-aggravated the injury from going into the boards.

For about a week now I haven't been able to eat normally because of a lingering stomach illness.

My body. Blech.

You better take a few games off. Concussions are no joke. It ended my 'career' of contact hockey when I was 19. One more concussion and I would have been in big trouble. My problem is I remember vividly my first and I went out and played the next game and got hit again. Seriously, take a few weeks off.

So a few weeks ago I was pulled over on 20 for doing 70 which hey, sure 15 over I'm not gonna argue it (although, I never used to see troopers on this stretch either, but lately I've seen 1-2 each way). The cop was awesome and let me off with an obstructed plate ticket since my plate holder hangs like a quarter inch over the "New York" lettering. No points, no pleading, no school for pleading. I was thrilled and said to hell with driving 40 minutes to court, I'll just plead guilty and pay the fine. Well I get the fine today, and it's $47. Sweet...what, a $93 surcharge on top of that? Jesus H. Christ. $140 for a plate that's not obstructed in any meaningful way. Yes, it's better than 2x parking tickets and driving school to reduce a speeding ticket, but holy crap. Talk about a cash grab from Albany.

So a few weeks ago I was pulled over on 20 for doing 70 which hey, sure 15 over I'm not gonna argue it (although, I never used to see troopers on this stretch either, but lately I've seen 1-2 each way). The cop was awesome and let me off with an obstructed plate ticket since my plate holder hangs like a quarter inch over the "New York" lettering. No points, no pleading, no school for pleading. I was thrilled and said to hell with driving 40 minutes to court, I'll just plead guilty and pay the fine. Well I get the fine today, and it's $47. Sweet...what, a $93 surcharge on top of that? Jesus H. Christ. $140 for a plate that's not obstructed in any meaningful way. Yes, it's better than 2x parking tickets and driving school to reduce a speeding ticket, but holy crap. Talk about a cash grab from Albany.

Yeah, I've had that same experience... the a$$hole cop acts like they're doing you a favor by writing it up as a fine, when I think they'd prefer it that way because the fines are so outrageous in relation to the supposed offense. My last ticket was $160 for "failure to obey traffic signals" (speeding).

Yeah, I've had that same experience... the a$$hole cop acts like they're doing you a favor by writing it up as a fine, when I think they'd prefer it that way because the fines are so outrageous in relation to the supposed offense. My last ticket was $160 for "failure to obey traffic signals" (speeding).

Yeah, if you don't contest it, he doesn't have to go to court either.

Trooper or police officer?

Trooper.

That's what I figured. That's why he didn't write the speeding ticket. If he writes you the speeding ticket, you take it to town court, you plead to two parking tickets, you still get no points, the town gets the money, and Albany gets nothing.

A town officer would have written the speeding ticket and ignored the license plate violation, I'll bet.

All a big game.

Yeah, if you don't contest it, he doesn't have to go to court either.

You mean he doesn't GET to go to court. They make a tidy OT sum for that. Well, at least in NYS they do.

Edited by Eleven

My complaint....people who don't know classic Christmas characters. :doh:

Dude! I always hated that thing. I know who his voice is, I just couldn't remember the name of the snowman. If he had one.

However, Yukon Cornelius... That guy's awesome. So is Bumble. I just have never found snowmen cute or whimsical. Always creeped me out.

Oh yes. Went through that this time last year. He told me I could get the points taken off if I took an online driver's safety course. I did. Still paid a ton. Ended up in a wreck before I even had that thing completed (wasn't my fault). "Failure to obey traffic signals" was mine as well. I was speeding up to the mph listed on the sign that I could see. But that was still technically over whatever stupid mph speed trap was on the road leading up to it.

I wrote it off as "even if this one is stupid, I've deserved it before and not been caught." But man, the process of paying it and all made me feel like a horrible criminal. I can only imagine what it's like if you are.