Seth Appert to join Sabres Coaching Staff

Brawndo

43 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I was going for "general perception that they stick within their comfort zone."

If you want to remove the "general perception" part I won't argue.

It's bickering over semantics a bit, I'll admit. It's just that a stereotype is something that is generally understood to be misleading, fallacious, or simply incorrect. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted 

Actually, Granato's answer was the players needed to be more aware.  He talked about how when they reviewed the video there were excellent chances that were available but the players made the wrong pass or took the wrong shot.

Hearing Granato say that was honestly the most troubling thing he ever said as HC.  That PP was beyond abysmal, and except for a 6-7 week stretch was for 2 full seasons.  The entry was something that youth hockey coaches would be embarrassed by.  When they finally lucked into getting the puck back into the zone, they didn't win battles even though they had the opponent outnumbered, they took horrible shots, they had poor movement (both puck and player), and if Benson wasn't on the ice there was a very good chance that if the puck were on Dahlin's stick at the blue line that there would not be a single Sabre below the dots.   Really, the plan is if they can't force the one timer to Thompson then to have a point shot with 3 forwards then crashing the net?  

Thougth it was just Ellis being totally out of his element having not played on a PP professionally; but hearing his answer showed Don was clueless on that one as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Ellis, Wilford, Appert…organizational status quo.  Expect more of the same in terms of the roster come this summer. 

He may have donned a Sabres sweater, even coached them for 15 years, but Ruff hasn’t been part of the Sabres for over 10 years. He’s your outsider or “breath of fresh air” and he’s the one who is the most important of them all. It just looks like he surrounded himself with people who know these players inside and out. That shouldn’t take away what type of coach Lindy is. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, kas23 said:

He may have donned a Sabres sweater, even coached them for 15 years, but Ruff hasn’t been part of the Sabres for over 10 years. He’s your outsider or “breath of fresh air” and he’s the one who is the most important of them all. It just looks like he surrounded himself with people who know these players inside and out. That shouldn’t take away what type of coach Lindy is. 

You don’t think KA knows the players, and if you wanted someone from the former coaching staff, he could have made due with 1 coach, not 3 or more. 

Edited by LabattBlue

5 hours ago, Mango said:

And hockey makes it harder. 

At least during the Bills drought you commit a couple of Sundays. It was 16 days per year. Trying to be a fan of a bad hockey team for nearly a generation is 8 months of inconstancy: 

Monday: 7pm
Tuesday : 10pm (WC)
Thursday: 9pm (WC)
Saturday: 1pm
Tuesday: 7pm

Then try and have kids or other hobbies or whatever. Sometimes after 13 years of this it is like "why bother" I would rather go on an extra couple of dates per month with my partner. 

You can (and should) still do all that. It's just hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

Matt Ellis must have pictures. And I'm not sold on Appert improving the PP. 

Interested in seeing who they bring in to lead the Amerks. I already re-newed for next season. I figured they already would've named Paetsch or Prospal to take over. 

Good Lord this organization. 

19 minutes ago, ... said:

Tomorrow's announcement from the Sabres: Girgensons receives a two year contract extension. 

Don’t threaten us like that.  If they given him an extension, it may be time for me to give up on the Sabres.  It will be even more proof that Howdy Doody has no clue how to build a winning team. After all how do you fix a roster if you can’t identify the problem?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Keeping Ellis and Wilford on this staff is 4 things

1. A proof that this organization has no clue how to build and run a winning organization.

2. It’s also may be proof that no one in NHL circles with a functioning brain wants to works for Adams and the Pegulas.

3. It’s also proof that you can’t fix a problem that you can’t identify even if it’s obvious to everyone else.

4. It’s also a giant FU to the fans.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • dislike 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

1. A proof that this organization has no clue how to build and run a winning organization.

2. It’s also may be proof that no one in NHL circles with a functioning brain wants to works for Adams and the Pegulas.

3. It’s also proof that you can’t fix a problem that you can’t identify even if it’s obvious to everyone else.

More and more I fear 2 is the primary driver.

47 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You'll be the 3rd person I ask: why do we hate Wilford?

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You'll be the 3rd person I ask: why do we hate Wilford?

He was a D coach last year and the defenders are still lousy in our zone and it was part of his job to fix it.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN