GDT: Capitals @ Sabres - Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 7:00 PM (EDT), MSG ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

To think there is a whole generation of kids that have no concept of what a Sabres playoff game is.

I know. ย I hope they donโ€™t pour gas on it tonight with a bad effort.ย 
ย 

๐Ÿ™ย 

I'd rather have the Caps in the playoffs over the other three that are on the outside looking in, so, whatever the result tonight, it will still be a big "meh" from me.

Hope we hear chants of "sell the team" on fan appreciation night.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'd rather have the Caps in the playoffs over the other three that are on the outside looking in, so, whatever the result tonight, it will still be a big "meh" from me.

Hope we hear chants of "sell the team" on fan appreciation night.

Itโ€™s been a bit but my last fan appreciation night was me starting the chant โ€œDar-cy Dar-cyโ€ with a guy telling me to shut up. And then the whole section started in on it. ย We could see him up in the Sabres box. He left lol. I think the news picked it for an article.ย 

Iโ€™m a bit confused/concerned about where to start with this groupย 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Itโ€™s been a bit but my last fan appreciation night was me starting the chant โ€œDar-cy Dar-cyโ€ with a guy telling me to shut up. And then the whole section started in on it. ย We could see him up in the Sabres box. He left lol. I think the news picked it for an article.ย 

Iโ€™m a bit confused/concerned about where to start with this groupย 

Since the last time the Sabres made the playoffs:

7 head coaches. 18 first round draft picks. 10 top-10 picks, 4 1st or 2nd overall picks. 4 general managers. 6 or 7 head coaches of their AHL affiliate (development). I don't even know how many changes in upper management (Ted Black, Pat Lafontaine, Kim Pegula...others? I don't even know anymore)ย  A decaying arena. 20+, maybe more, trades involving all stars or former first round players going in or going out.

ONE owner. Zero playoffs in 13 years.ย  After Pegula said the reason for the franchise existing was to win the Cup, The team has not started a single season with him as an owner even making the playoffs.ย  Probably the longest/worst stretch of lack of success in all of modern professional sports. One owner, Overseeing it all.

I'd start with the owner.ย  But that is the one position that hasn't changed and is least likely to change.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

To think there is a whole generation of kids that have no concept of what a Sabres playoff game is.

For us seniors the memory of Sabres playoff games are quickly fading.

I wouldnโ€™t mind if the Caps won tonight as Iโ€™d rather they and the Pens make the playoffs instead of the Islanders.

ย 

ย 

3 hours ago, pastajoe said:

I wouldnโ€™t mind if the Caps won tonight as Iโ€™d rather they and the Pens make the playoffs instead of the Islanders.

You know I don't care, not one bit.ย  All those teams are Not The Sabres and that's all I care about.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

No....missing for personal reasons.

Went on a bender the night before last. He was found in a gutter on Pearl Street muttering something about "being in hell" and "what did I do in a past life to deserve this".

• Haha (+1) 3