GDT: Capitals @ Sabres - Thursday, April 11, 2024 - 7:00 PM (EDT), MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

25 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Which Sabres are eligible to be sent down to the Amerks after the season ends ?

Great question because any and all players that are eligible should be sent down, no questions asked. They need as many roster spots available on the big club as possible.

10 hours ago, Big Guava said:

Pressure plays into it. Some of their worst games over the past 2 seasons have come in big game opportunities with potential playoffs on the line.

Meh. They’ve dropped some pretty big turds when they were out of it as well.😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

By the way, anyone who thinks that the fight at the end of the game was not staged, does not know this team at all. That was so scripted it was pathetic. Hey, let’s leave these fans one lasting image of a team that we do not represent in a slightest.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

By the way, anyone who thinks that the fight at the end of the game was not staged, does not know this team at all. That was so scripted it was pathetic. Hey, let’s leave these fans one lasting image of a team that we do not represent in a slightest.

I get why you are here mentally, I was there for 3 months from the start of 2024. I’m coming around. As a parent, I feel for these guys.  I do think they are trying and want to win.  They just don’t have all the answers yet.  

As far as the fight being staged, did Dahlin purposefully take out the Caps player at the end of regulation to instigate the scrum?  I highly doubt it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Tom Wilson signed an extension earlier in the year. He’s locked up thru 30-31. 

What? No No No.  No. 

Fine, fire up the trade machine. We got some Russians for Ovechkin. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Wilson is  free agent. I'd make that happen if I were Adams

how much money will that take?  more than we can allocate probably.  

He seems like a guy that ends up in Tampa or Florida.   Maybe even Toronto if he offers a home town discount. 

49 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Tom Wilson signed an extension earlier in the year. He’s locked up thru 30-31. 

22 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

how much money will that take?  more than we can allocate probably.  

He seems like a guy that ends up in Tampa or Florida.   Maybe even Toronto if he offers a home town discount. 

They signed him. I just missed/ forgot

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

It was an interesting combination of Sabres on the ice at the time. Dahlin with Cliffy? Tage and Greenway plus whoever the 5th skater was? Maybe a bit premeditated on someone's part? May just have been the usual 6 on 5 defense.

Had to laugh about OV just milling around by himself 10 or 12 feet from the scrums. No interest in being involved. I suppose with the numbers he had no dance partner, though.

Did I just talk myself out of a good conspiracy theory?  

5 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

It was an interesting combination of Sabres on the ice at the time. Dahlin with Cliffy? Tage and Greenway plus whoever the 5th skater was? Maybe a bit premeditated on someone's part? May just have been the usual 6 on 5 defense.

Had to laugh about OV just milling around by himself 10 or 12 feet from the scrums. No interest in being involved. I suppose with the numbers he had no dance partner, though.

Did I just talk myself out of a good conspiracy theory?  

Yeah, he milled around after grabbing Tage while Pacioretty already had a hold of him.