GDT - Red Wings @ Sabres - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - MSG

To be clear the Ides are the 15th and the preceding 7 days in several of the months of the Ancient Roman calendar.  Also the 13th and 7 preceding days in the other months.

Of course the only Ides ever remembered are the Ides of March since the 15th of March holds historical significance, by most accounts.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

SWORDS !!

AVENGE EVERYONE !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Also, the NHL only has this game on SN - hook up your *pirate satellite, orbiting your living room* receptors.

Must be using my IP address to spew out that poop.

Game would be on WGR and MSG or maybe ESPN or some such in the US, I would think.  Yous are all on your own.

37 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Also, the NHL only has this game on SN - hook up your *pirate satellite, orbiting your living room* receptors.

Must be using my IP address to spew out that poop.

Game would be on WGR and MSG or maybe ESPN or some such in the US, I would think.  Yous are all on your own.

We have 5 more national TV games left:

March 14 vs. New York Islanders — 7:30 p.m. on ESPN+/Hulu

March 30 vs. Toronto — 7 p.m. on ESPN+/Hulu

April 7 at Detroit — 1 p.m. on TNT 

There are two more NHLN games (usually means no ESPN+)

Sat 3/16 12:30 PM vs Detroit Red Wings

Fri 3/29 7:00 PM vs New Jersey Devils

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This is a game I want to see.   I think beating Detroit is necessary to gain any possible edge in our division for next season. 

I still want to win Every game, always.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This is a game I want to see.   I think beating Detroit is necessary to gain any possible edge in our division for next season. 

I still want to win Every game, always.   

Agreed. This game and entire week will be interesting. Now without the veteran leadership of Okposo and EJ and without their most dependable center, how does the team play? How do they start the game? It should be desperation hockey and with increasing tenacity with each game.

Additionally, we should see lose-and-you're-out desperation from Detroit as they attempt to break their losing streak, and the usual "let's get it to OT" approach of the Islanders. The Sabres need to defeat both styles.

(We all know won't make the playoffs, but if they don't win each of these games against these two opponents, then their playoffs are officially dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive, as they say.)

• Agree 2

• spndnchz changed the title to GDT - Red Wings @ Sabres - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - MSG

On another note, both Detroit (sucks) and the Aisles are at 0.563 points %, assuming they maintain that pace and rounding up - 93 points. Sabres need 28 out of 34 points to get there. I would say that gets us in since to get 28/34 we'd need to beat Detroit and the Aisles each and would likely hold the tie-breaker.

Yikes!

03-12-24, Day 1

Byram's cavalry defense brigades arrive on Keybank Ridge, just as Larkins Division is cresting Skyway Ridge.

Byram's brigades need to hold on until Thompson's 1st Corps arrives.

Gather Up your troops Capt. Zemgus, tonight you ride in to the fight of your seasons life!

The Battle of Sabresburgh is on.....

MUST WIN!!!!

Edited by Scottysabres

20 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

03-12-24, Day 1

Byram's cavalry defense brigades arrive on Keybank Ridge, just as Larkins Division is cresting Skyway Ridge.

Byram's brigades need to hold on until Thompson's 1st Corps arrives.

Gather Up your troops Capt. Zemgus, tonight you ride in to the fight of your seasons life!

The Battle of Sabresburgh is on.....

MUST WIN!!!!

Gettysburg? Buford's cavalry holding the high ground south of the town waiting for Reynolds to arrive? Oh ya!

Weidrich';s battery from Buffalo deployed on crematory hill that day

• Like (+1) 1