GDT - Red Wings @ Sabres - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - MSG

6 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Beware the Ides of March - close enough.

Yous guys and gals are all sleepy heads at the switch this AM.

I am to stressed to gamble on posting an incorrect game title. So I did the American thing, passed it on to the next guy. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Did I hear correctly on the radio this morning that one year ago today the Sabres were also seven points out of a playoff spot they ended up missing by one point? Really?

Yes, but they had 3 games in hand last year... This year it's the opposite. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Well unlike some of the other teams that have come in lately Detroit has zero excuse to come in napping so this is a true test I think. No excuses on either side so this SHOULD be playoff hockey. Let's see what we get.

(and yes, I decided now I am going to comment on games still, just to annoy the handful of mutts that took shots at me when I said I'd had enough of it for this year. Maybe next time they will be nicer and I will shut up 🙂 )

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

You want playoffs? This is playoffs. The next three games can potentially get us right back in it. Let's go boys!

No they won’t be. Every single team ahead of them has games in hand.  You are counting on 5 teams losing all their games in the next week and then the Sabres still need to win another 10 games with only one or two losses.  Delusional.  

• dislike 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

No they won’t be. Every single team ahead of them has games in hand.  You are counting on 5 teams losing all their games in the next week and then the Sabres still need to win another 10 games with only one or two losses.  Delusional.  

I dont want to hear about reality... it sucks... dreamland is so much better... with that back to napping.

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Gettysburg? Buford's cavalry holding the high ground south of the town waiting for Reynolds to arrive? Oh ya!

Weidrich';s battery from Buffalo deployed on crematory hill that day

I did 3 months at the War College studying this battle. When I was in the service they divided the classes up by groups of 30, 20 officers 10 NCO's, I was one of the nco's. Then they gave each group a battle to digest/pick apart that culminated in to a mass conflag, in other words, make your own decisions.

So that was 30 for the union, 30 for the confederates, and there were 10 classes, 300 of us in all. We got Gettysburg, or I should say, I was assigned to the union Gettysburg group.

After completing the 3 months, we got to meet in a weekend event, all 300 of us, the Antietam group sounded like the most engrossing as they had much more derailed decisions to make tactically. And the civil war wasn't the only class subject matter, some got other historical engagements. The underlying themes back then were "first time doctrine absorbing or first time doctrine initiating" battles. After the 3 months, we then did a follow up 1 month of service branch specific doctrines. I ended up in the central Solomons 43/44 for that one. Very underwhelming after the Gettysburg group.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

IF we do make the playoffs, and it’s a long shot, watch us end up playing the Florida Panthers of all teams and get swept by Kyle Okposo. That would be so Buffalo 

It would also be expected 

7 hours ago, Stads said:

If we win all 3 this week, what could that become? 

Screenshot_20240312_092319_Chrome.thumb.jpg.608d0dfdc78d386a9b00f517a9c5cf32.jpg

What are the odds we can go 11-3 after doing so? That’s probably about what the math would tell you 

we can only afford to give away 6 more points this season over the remaining 17 games, if the cut off stays at 93

It could potentially fall, but it wouldn’t be more than a point or 2

If we win the next 3 we’d have to go at least at least 10-4.

But that probably doesn’t get us in 

4 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Blasphemy!!!!

Off with their heads!!!!

And below them when you factor in points percentage as the teams above us have games in hand. What is the flex? That we managed to be a bit worse than a team that finished 20th? 

2 hours ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

No Larkin i believe... he is out hurt. He is a Sabre killer

A big part of their skid seems to time with his absence