Trade Deadline Deals (Non Sabres)

Brawndo

13 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Huh? We all saw Boosh play here last year. He was not effective. He has like 4 points and is -13 in Anaheim. 

The only reason Leafs gave a 3rd is because they are desperate, are praying he returns to form of years ago playing with Reilly and they had the Ducks retain 50% because they have no space.

Marner had to play D for half the game last night. This is just a warm body to put in the lineup. 

Apparently Adams is an idiot because he received a 4th round pick compared to Anaheim getting a 3rd round pick all while paying close to 85% of his annual salary for very limited return. Sorry, but I don’t see a crazy lack of balance here. Some people just want to complain about everything. 

Edited by shrader
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

No one should look at what the Leafs do and wonder what is going on there...that GM is so desperate and wil give away anything to get whatever is needed to win. Their defense is awful and Boosh is notgoign to help trust me. desperate times call for desperate measures...Leafs are real desperate. Complaining becuase Leafs gave more then we got for Boosh is absurd. Just anolter reason to complain for the sake of complaining...   

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, sabrefanday1 said:

No one should look at what the Leafs do and wonder what is going on there...that GM is so desperate and wil give away anything to get whatever is needed to win. Their defense is awful and Boosh is notgoign to help trust me. desperate times call for desperate measures...Leafs are real desperate. Complaining becuase Leafs gave more then we got for Boosh is absurd. Just anolter reason to complain for the sake of complaining...   

I guess we all do it...but some people (most, all)) have agendas. We all have what we believe. Fire the coach. Move Cozens to Wing. Get rid of KA.  Pegula should sell the team.  Anything, ANYTHING we can grasp at to support that point of view....it will be done and posted here.  The thing that gets to me more and more is the non-stop negativity.  Doesn't matter what happens, a good game, a good week, a great play by a player, a player playing better over a few weeks time. Nope, if it gets in the way of the negative agenda, can't accept it!  But again, this is a message board, this exists for people to speak their mind.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

I guess we all do it...but some people (most, all)) have agendas. We all have what we believe. Fire the coach. Move Cozens to Wing. Get rid of KA.  Pegula should sell the team.  Anything, ANYTHING we can grasp at to support that point of view....it will be done and posted here.  The thing that gets to me more and more is the non-stop negativity.  Doesn't matter what happens, a good game, a good week, a great play by a player, a player playing better over a few weeks time. Nope, if it gets in the way of the negative agenda, can't accept it!  But again, this is a message board, this exists for people to speak their mind.

You make a lot of good points and you are a very good poster here, but you have an agenda as well.  You insist in several threads that only Tage and Cozens are playing below last seasons levels.   You can find some data that attempts to support that, but I say the damage on this season was done long ago (before Jan 1), and when it happened, about 10 other players were also on that list of underperformers.   

The team is waking up, and now playing more like they should have been playing in November.   The biggest reason for it is UPL, who is keeping them in games.  

Some players will end up with reasonable stats because of a decent (so far) end of season finish.  But that wont change the fact that Kevyn Adams failed to adequately upgrade key positions, training camp and preseason were poorly executed by Granato and his staff, and the top players on this team came to the party unprepared.   

If that is a negative agenda from me, so be it.  I believe it accurately describes what will likely go down as a very disappointing season.  So much so that it  included public tension between the players and the fan base.   

They need to play what, 0.770 to 0.800 hockey to get in the playoff conversation, something like that?  I hope they make it, and I will watch to the end,  but I won't be betting on it.  

Next time Adams and Granato tell us this team is ready to compete they better put in the work in first.  

The drive to sell season tickets continues.  Hey, at least the scoreboard will be updated and the roof fixed (maybe). 

• Agree 1

If UPL is keeping is in games as suggested, it may also be suggested that th esame senerio can be applied to just about every team that wins on any given night in the NHL. Last night for instane Anaheim beat New Jersey yet the Devils had 55 shots while the Ducks had a total of only 23. But who cares??? All that really matters is if you win, not how you do so. The leafs are a good example of a team that hangs their goalie out to dry but score when they get a chance. The Sabres find new ways to lose it seems, and when they do win almost automatically it is said that it is becuase of their goalie. UPL is just doing what other goalies do night in and night out. UPL has been a positive, but everyone clamoured for the team to be better defensively and that appears to be happening and thus the offense is down. UPL has benefitted from this better defensive play.

As for al the negativity, while I am a positive person by nature, I have to admit that this team has really got me down to the point where at times I really do not care much anymore what they do. I love hockey in general and can enjoy watching ANY hockey. Heck my son is refereeing young kids and I love watching, I played untii I was 16 and have coached at many different levels and just love doing so. Guess that is part of being a Canadian. I just wish the Sabres would get it together once before I die and actually make the playoffs! Man oh man they were so exciting back when they had good competitive teams. That OT winner by Pomminstein against Ottawa was simply amazing. Hard not to get negative these days I guess so anybody that is and rants on here is forgiven...it is understandable.      

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/1/2024 at 1:28 PM, inkman said:
On 3/1/2024 at 1:10 PM, PerreaultForever said:

Guy they are familiar with. Their D is garbage. 

I don’t think they got any better 

He's an okay bottom pair guy... on a good day.  If you need to shore up your defense late in the season and can't bring in a big ticket guy (cap, resources, etc.) you could do worse than Boosh.

Besides, there will always be this:

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, inkman said:
2 hours ago, Mr Peabody said:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/03/capitals-place-evgeny-kuznetsov-on-waivers.html

could we pick up a player / prospect to take on his contract?

That dude is 1000 miles in the wrong direction for this franchise 

I think the idea is just for Kevyn to eat the salary and not play him in the NHL, and in return the Sabres get something of use from the Caps.

The problem is, he's signed through next season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Guy isn’t good at hockey, just punching according to Avs fans

Yes, that's true, but he's VERY GOOD at punching guys. I am a firm believer that with all these kids we have (some of them smaller or lighter) we need a guy to protect them. If we had that, many of them would play bigger themselves and feel free to do their thing more. It would help with team building and development of a strong team culture.

If we make the playoffs guy like that might not dress, and he wouldn't be needed all the time, but having him around would help the team a lot. I believe that strongly. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yes, that's true, but he's VERY GOOD at punching guys. I am a firm believer that with all these kids we have (some of them smaller or lighter) we need a guy to protect them. If we had that, many of them would play bigger themselves and feel free to do their thing more. It would help with team building and development of a strong team culture.

If we make the playoffs guy like that might not dress, and he wouldn't be needed all the time, but having him around would help the team a lot. I believe that strongly. 

I suppose our PK has been improving. 

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Meh.

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

If this guy can learn that punching doesn't solve everything... then so can others.

Wreck-It Ralph Animation GIF by Disney

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/2/2024 at 4:32 PM, Doohickie said:

He's an okay bottom pair guy... on a good day.  If you need to shore up your defense late in the season and can't bring in a big ticket guy (cap, resources, etc.) you could do worse than Boosh.

Besides, there will always be this:

"Why do you have a goal song?" 🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 2