Trade Deadline Deals (Non Sabres)

Brawndo

35 minutes ago, shrader said:

They can go up to 75% now?

edit: Ah, one takes 50% and then the next takes 50% of what remains. 

Yeah, that's the point of the third party retention.

I know how it works but I still looked at the post for a while before I realized what was going on.

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Well at very least this wasn't another Scandella situation.

We got a '25 4th for full price Bush

Anaheim gets a 3rd for a 50% off Bush.

Yup, cause our GM is an idiot. Ducks had a body for 2/3 of the year and upgraded for the draft so well done by them. 

Leafs were in the Hanifin and Tanev rumours so if this is their plan B good luck with all that Toronto. 

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yup, cause our GM is an idiot. Ducks had a body for 2/3 of the year and upgraded for the draft so well done by them. 

Leafs were in the Hanifin and Tanev rumours so if this is their plan B good luck with all that Toronto. 

I frankly don't have an issue with the outcome.

We had no need for Bush with the acquisition of Clifton + E. Johnson and got a 4th in 2025

To get a 3rd in 2025 the Ducks required deadline pricing, and 50% retention. 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Huh? We all saw Boosh play here last year. He was not effective. He has like 4 points and is -13 in Anaheim. 

The only reason Leafs gave a 3rd is because they are desperate, are praying he returns to form of years ago playing with Reilly and they had the Ducks retain 50% because they have no space.

Marner had to play D for half the game last night. This is just a warm body to put in the lineup. 

Supposedly Buffalo tried to get Tanev and he would not waive to come to Buffalo. Was reported on WGR this morning. Also another team offered a 1st for Tanev....could not confirm it was Buffalo. A hockey trade is the only way we are going to get someone, and they cannot have a NTC. LOL We are going to be on EVERYONES No trade list!!

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Supposedly Buffalo tried to get Tanev and he would not waive to come to Buffalo. Was reported on WGR this morning. Also another team offered a 1st for Tanev....could not confirm it was Buffalo. A hockey trade is the only way we are going to get someone, and they cannot have a NTC. LOL We are going to be on EVERYONES No trade list!!

Yep. When will it end?  

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

This makes sense. There is a reality that we will never get a veteran who still wants to chase a cup. We can only woo guys who are young enough that they can be convinced this team can build to that, or old guys who have already won one or more and just want a payday. Or I guess guys who don't care about winning but I'd think we don't want them anyway. Or at least we shouldn't want them. 

Yeah it’s a bit of a catch-22. If Tanev was willing to come here over a contender, he’d lose a large part of what we need in players which is that burning desire to win a cup. 

Maybe Dallas wins one this Spring and he signs in the off-season. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

This makes sense. There is a reality that we will never get a veteran who still wants to chase a cup. We can only woo guys who are young enough that they can be convinced this team can build to that, or old guys who have already won one or more and just want a payday. Or I guess guys who don't care about winning but I'd think we don't want them anyway. Or at least we shouldn't want them. 

Exactly. You need to get players who are too young or not good enough to not have a NM list. I would bet everyone who had a NM list has the Sabres on it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

My guess is Edmonton offered the 1st, not us. 

I'm glad adams wanted to trade for a player that has  played 1 full season in his 14 year career 

Should help 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

If you were Tanev would you waive to finish the season on a non playoff team or waive for a playoff favourite?

Which leads to even more frustration as we are going to have to wait a bare freaking minimum of 4 months for anything!! 

The off-season needs moves!  Painful moves that most of the fanbase won’t like.  

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Which leads to even more frustration as we are going to have to wait a bare freaking minimum of 4 months for anything!! 

The off-season needs moves!  Painful moves that most of the fanbase won’t like.  

If they truly understand the teams problems then it will not be painful. They just need to remember:

This team, as built, is not a playoff contending team. 2 full seasons has demonstrated that. Even with an improvement in goaltending and defense, they are still not a playoff team.

Most of our prospects are built the same way as the current forwards on the team, so no help coming that way. 

You have to give to get. Not to mention that there will not be room for all the current and upcoming prospects on the team anyways, so some needs to be utilized to acquire what this team really needs.  (We all know what that is by now)

Seems pretty black and white to me. Make the moves and make the team better. I would rather give up a favorite player to become a contender then another 13 years of this disgusting losing crap.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

If you were Tanev would you waive to finish the season on a non playoff team or waive for a playoff favourite?

The only thing I get out of this trade is that adams Still thinks we're fine and we're gonna still make the playoffs lol

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

The only thing I get out of this trade is that adams Still thinks we're fine and we're gonna still make the playoffs lol

Right! Why were they going after a 34 year old defenseman? That is a playoff team move. We're they going to extend him too?. This franchise is a joke

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Right! Why were they going after a 34 year old defenseman? That is a playoff team move. We're they going to extend him too?. This franchise is a joke

And the genius wanted to sign him to a contract extension .

I honestly don't have any idea what adams is doing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If they truly understand the teams problems then it will not be painful. They just need to remember:

This team, as built, is not a playoff contending team. 2 full seasons has demonstrated that. Even with an improvement in goaltending and defense, they are still not a playoff team.

Most of our prospects are built the same way as the current forwards on the team, so no help coming that way. 

You have to give to get. Not to mention that there will not be room for all the current and upcoming prospects on the team anyways, so some needs to be utilized to acquire what this team really needs.  (We all know what that is by now)

Seems pretty black and white to me. Make the moves and make the team better. I would rather give up a favorite player to become a contender then another 13 years of this disgusting losing crap.

It is to you and I but people like my dad and brother aren’t anywhere near as deep of fans.  They just know what the headlines feed them, at best.  They won’t understand trading Kulich, Levi and Cozens for Brady Tkachuk and Jakob Chychrun. 

• Agree 1
  • dislike 1

16 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

Why would Carolina help out Toronto in a trade for Ilya Lyubushkin?  Makes no sense to me..

Because they don’t think he’s actually going to help. ***** 4D chess right there. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Huh? We all saw Boosh play here last year. He was not effective. He has like 4 points and is -13 in Anaheim. 

The only reason Leafs gave a 3rd is because they are desperate, are praying he returns to form of years ago playing with Reilly and they had the Ducks retain 50% because they have no space.

Marner had to play D for half the game last night. This is just a warm body to put in the lineup. 

Guy they are familiar with. Their D is garbage. 

• Like (+1) 1