Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

OK.  We can't have a conversation if you just ignore what I say.

The Eichel trade, and the value Vegas gave up for him (and it sure seemed like they were the only serious bidder was not for "a 1C."  It was for a 1C with a major injury and contract risk.

Do you think if Eichel had been healthy, he would've yielded more in trade than what the Sabres got for him?

Respectfully, there is zero possibility that Ottawa would accept this, or that anyone would give up anything remotely as good as Brady for this package.

Yes, although I think the protections would have to be pretty limited (e.g. top 3 or something like that).

I think Matthew Tkachuk was also 1 year away from UFA -- that was why Calgary traded him, since they had just lost Gaudreau for nothing in UFA, and Tkachuk said he wouldn't sign an extension there.

Brady, OTOH, has 4 more years after this one to go on his contract.

I think Ottawa will demand more than your suggestion.  There is no way they will agree to Mitts being the best roster player coming back (and probably not Tuch either).  I agree on the prospect and the 2024 #1 though.

He had one year remaining as a RFA with arbitration rights. 

My follow-up post mentioned it if Ottawa is making the decision to move him as either a core shake up or if the player wants out, the onus is on Ottawa to make the deal and weakens their position. 

I also mentioned Cozens as one of the roster players. He has a lower PPG .61 to Brady’s .77, but he plays Center and is signed to longer term with a lower AAV. 

Cozens, Kulich,  2024 1st- Top 5 protected and 2025 2nd would be one of the better offers given that’s three premium pieces. 

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

My follow-up post mentioned it if Ottawa is making the decision to move him as either a core shake up or if the player wants out, the onus is on Ottawa to make the deal and weakens their position. 

I also mentioned Cozens as one of the roster players. He has a lower PPG .61 to Brady’s .77, but he plays Center and is signed to longer term with a lower AAV. 

Cozens, Kulich,  2024 1st- Top 5 protected and 2025 2nd would be one of the better offers given that’s three premium pieces. 

Although I wouldn't make that trade

13 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Too much pain in my opinion.

I like Cozens the person more than Tkachuk out of the gate

It’s an overpay for sure, I did Cozens Combine Physical he is a great kid. 

That all being said, 

Tkatchuk is an elite play driving forward who plays with an edge. 

He is build for the playoffs 

And he would get Skinner off the top line! 

• Like (+1) 1

One thing I’ll say about Power is in the dressing room vids his legs look like stork legs. All bone very little muscle. Hope he beefs it up cause he’ll snap one of those twigs if he doesn’t. My wife calls me chicken legs and Mine have him beat and I ain’t no pro athlete.

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Have the last few games not convinced you yet of what I've been saying for ages? Cozens is better as a winger. 

Give them Tage, not Cozens. 

I do not doubt that Ottawa wil trade Tkachuk...they will trade anybody (as we saw with Debrincat) and I also have no doubt that it will NOT be to the Sabres or any other team in the same diviision. I also think they wil get much more then Calgary got for his brother (Calgary got burned big time in that deal). And I also have no doubt that there wil be many teams stepping up and offering all kinds of deals. KA wil never give  away any of his beloved prospects, something Ottawa will demand in any trade. No One is getting Tkachuk from Ottawa for a bunch of vets (like someone mentioned Skinner...no way Sens take him)  

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

His wife is from New Jersey, that sometimes has an impact on destination.

Awesome. As long as the Rangers, Islanders, Caps, Flyers,Bruins, Devils and Penguins aren’t interested, the Sabres are closest.  

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

I do not doubt that Ottawa wil trade Tkachuk...they will trade anybody (as we saw with Debrincat) and I also have no doubt that it will NOT be to the Sabres or any other team in the same diviision. I also think they wil get much more then Calgary got for his brother (Calgary got burned big time in that deal). And I also have no doubt that there wil be many teams stepping up and offering all kinds of deals. KA wil never give  away any of his beloved prospects, something Ottawa will demand in any trade. No One is getting Tkachuk from Ottawa for a bunch of vets (like someone mentioned Skinner...no way Sens take him)  

My bet is the ducks and Zegras will be going the other way with some extra picks and players.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

My bet is the ducks and Zegras will be going the other way with some extra picks and players.

Makes sense from the Ducks point of view but how does that make sense for Tkachuk? Go from one bad team to another? I wonder if he has a no trade clause? If so, I think he would not agree to that trade. Wonder if Florida has anything left to give? Could see that for sure...

2 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Makes sense from the Ducks point of view but how does that make sense for Tkachuk? Go from one bad team to another? I wonder if he has a no trade clause? If so, I think he would not agree to that trade. Wonder if Florida has anything left to give? Could see that for sure...

Well seeing as Florida is in the division that would fly in the face of your previous statement.

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

This is closer to getting it done, but I think Ottawa would want Quinn or JJP instead of Kulich.

In any case though I don't think the Sabres should give up Cozens -- I'd rather they give up Power or TT.

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Have the last few games not convinced you yet of what I've been saying for ages? Cozens is better as a winger. 

Give them Tage, not Cozens. 

I don't necessarily agree on Cozens being better as a wing, but I agree that they need to keep him and that I'd rather give up TT than Cozens.  Also, if they give up TT and not Cozens, I think that reduces the rest of the price -- so maybe they could give up Kulich and not Quinn.

TT, Kulich and 2024 #1 (top-3 protected).

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This is closer to getting it done, but I think Ottawa would want Quinn or JJP instead of Kulich.

In any case though I don't think the Sabres should give up Cozens -- I'd rather they give up Power or TT.

I don't necessarily agree on Cozens being better as a wing, but I agree that they need to keep him and that I'd rather give up TT than Cozens.  Also, if they give up TT and not Cozens, I think that reduces the rest of the price -- so maybe they could give up Kulich and not Quinn.

I'd honestly just continue with this core versus trading Tage/Cozens to Ottawa

20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Kulich’s Advantage is they would get him for His Full ELC for all 3 seasons. 

14 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If they are moving Tkatchuk it’s either an organizational move or player demand. The onus would be Ottawa to make the deal either way 

I agree with you.

If these rumors aren't true at all, none of this matters. Move on.   But, if they ARE true, then its that there are issues with him that they aren't all that happy with, so they think a potential return might be better than having them. With that said, it would likely take a lot to get him....but you ARE getting a player back that they certainly dont' think is untouchable, and has enough issues that they would move him AFTER locking him up long term.  To me that means the asking/getting price would not be as high as many think.

18 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If they are moving Tkatchuk it’s either an organizational move or player demand. The onus would be Ottawa to make the deal either way 

Man, if the Sabres ever actually add him, we’re going to need a Pommenstein filter for your spelling. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

Man, if the Sabres ever actually add him, we’re going to need a Pommenstein filter for your spelling. 

If they become members of the team, I will take the time to spell their names correctly. 

Until then 

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Confused Mona GIF by Elnaaz Norouzi

There was humor intended in that wording so I'm glad you got it. 

The proper explanation is I do not want to trade Power (even though I think we are not developing him properly - see I did it again 🙂) but if Ottawa said they are willing to give us Tkachuk but they want Power if I was GM I'd figure something out. Maybe a larger package. Take Pinto off their hands as well. Sanderson and Tkachuk for Power and Tage (with odds and sods on either side to confuse people). idk, I'd consider something to get Tkachuk and change the team dynamic here.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I'd rather give up Rosen or Savoie than Kulich but I'd be okay with this. 

Ideally, TT, Rosen and our 2025 #1 (top 3 protected). Toss in a 3rd or lower any year if needed.