Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Watch the replay.  Who looks for a confrontation after disabling someone with a hit from behind?   He quietly skulked away like a kid who got away with something. 

Coward move.   You guys defending it surprise me.  

No it does not.  Not like that.  

Yup.  Total coward move.  He sent a message.  Unfortunately the message was well received.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Who here would trade Muel, Savoie and a Protected 24 1st for Parayko ?

I like Parayko but this proposal it too rich for me.  

Muel's upside could possibly be Parayko, then you give two 1's.   

Very common here to think we have to give up so much.  Murrayitis I guess.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Who here would trade Muel, Savoie and a Protected 24 1st for Parayko ?

Yikes that is absolutely awful. Have you seen his age and the length of the deal left?

Id say my best offer would be if we are taking his contract then they are taking Skinner’s and a mid level prospect.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I like Parayko but this proposal it too rich for me.  

Muel's upside could possibly be Parayko, then you give two 1's.   

Very common here to think we have to give up so much.  Murrayitis I guess.  

I understand; its more based on the Blues' fans reactions to different Toronto offers.

Many of the analytics guys on Twitter mention that he's a super Defensive Dman with little offensive driving ability yet still is very effective at zone exits. His contract is dreadful however.

I just want to find a player that can upgrade the roster while not trading away a guy like Cozens or Power like so many here seem obsessed over. Endlessly cycling through young players isn't going to achieve anything aside from disappointment. 

22 hours ago, shrader said:

“Hey look at me, I’m a little bitch who hacks at ankles.” Yeah, I don’t think you want other people seeing that. 

The only people who he wanted to see it and who saw it were the Sabre players.  

"Hey look at me. I'm a little bitch who hacks at ankles and you spinless weinies watched me do it and did nothing about it".

• Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Wonder if power is on the block with that Byram trade 

Not a chance.

49 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Nope; we'll just have 3 top end defenseman hopefully

This is right.  The Sabres have a reasonable D corp now.  This guy and Clifton are making up a decent #3 and #4.

That said, if a more solid #3 or #4 becomes available for a reasonable price then I would like that player added.

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I doubt it.

while i doubt it as well - i am not 100% certain of that. most lefties struggle to play their best at RHD (which is why right handed defensemen are so coveted and hard to acquire). 

i think if power can be moved for a legit top 6/first line forward - that may be hard to pass up, especially if they believe in their new acquisition and see moving power as an opportunity to clear a little salary for other moves. 

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I would not be upset if we packaged a player, a prospect, and a pick for him.   Just a matter of which player and which prospect.

Power and Kulich is probably what it would take. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Are you crazy ????????

I would. Parayko aged 30-36 vs Muel over the next 6 years, at 2 million more, right hand shot, plays D, transitions the puck and is a league veteran..... St Louis would be stupid to make the trade. Thus, the sabres should jump all over it if that is all it takes.

You can win in the NHL with 30+ year old dmen

8 minutes ago, oddoublee said:

I would. Parayko aged 30-36 vs Muel over the next 6 years, at 2 million more, right hand shot, plays D, transitions the puck and is a league veteran..... St Louis would be stupid to make the trade. Thus, the sabres should jump all over it if that is all it takes.

You can win in the NHL with 30+ year old dmen

Too rich a price IMHO.  Not that I wouldn't welcome the player but those are 3 prime pieces 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

True, granted that proposal was a month ago

I'd love to hear why it's a massive overpayment. Muel, Savoie and a protected first round pick could all be a hill of beans compared to RH top 4 damn that is parayko. 

The promise of the future is what is massively overvalued. 

• Like (+1) 1