Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

11 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Even so, it means if UPL falls off we are literally without a goalie for the present and future.

You’re acting like Levi is a sure thing.  There is no evidence that he will ever be better than UPL. He may,  but if that what it takes to acquire a tough superstar, it’s worth it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, freester said:

You’re acting like Levi is a sure thing.  There is no evidence that he will ever be better than UPL. He may,  but if that what it takes to acquire a tough superstar, it’s worth it. 

He's no sure thing but he's kind of the only goalie prospect we have even within 3 years of being NHL capable.

11 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

Can't sign or trade for goaltending anymore I guess 

Good ones, rarely. It's more akin to a crapshoot. Usually you either overpay and get screwed or underpay and get screwed.    

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

this a  franchise Changing type of move I don't care what the cost is just do it .

Buffalo has enough Prospects and and draft choices to get this done 

Didn't realize he has  maturity issues..

Looks like we're doomed.

Maybe he'll be to the Sabres what Jack Eichel is to the Golden Knights.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Rosen, Cozens, Kulich, and next years first. 

If they feel like they 'have to' move him...this isn't far off. Probably throw in a second rounder as well. The first would probably be a protected first this year. 

If they are just getting feelers...it will take that minus one of the prospects and replace them with someone like quinn or JJ. 

With the cap issues teams have, it's hard to pay more and expect much more than you proposed.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Anyone on this team that would require a haul like people are suggesting for BT ?

For me to move off of Tage and his favorable contract, it would have to look like some of these Brady offers. He’s having a tough year, but he has a nearly 50 goal season under his belt. Not many guys can do that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Anyone on this team that would require a haul like people are suggesting for BT ?

Dahlin could probably acquire a lot in theory.

Partially this is why I don’t think most of the proposals here really work in a realistic sense. Most teams couldn’t afford Tkachuk’s cap hit to begin with. Add to that how badly his brother’s trade worked against Calgary and you’ll likely get a lot of feelers but little concrete offers. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TageMVP said:

JohnC, you ever heard of change of scenery? How bout the team is trying to make him look bad? Ever hear of Ryan O'Reilly?

Tkatchuk is a LOCK for 30 goals every year. Any fan who wouldn't trade for him is crazy 

He wants to go home to St Louis. 

• Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Do you think that is likely to happen anytime soon? 

I’m still holding out hope for this summer.  

13 hours ago, TageMVP said:

No it's not, lol. Malkin was 10x the player Roy was. Do you really think Tkachuk is that much better than Mittlestadt? Or vice versa? Lol 

Yes — I think the spread between Tkachuk and Mitts is about the same as the spread between Malkin and Roy, and that the 2 proposed trades are equally delusional.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Only for this season.  They will be fine next year….granted they won’t have much cash to add via UFA in the offseason, but they’ll be fine.

Kubalik and Tarasanko won’t return.  A four million cap rise.  That’s plenty to sign Pinto & Sanderson.  

Their problem is fixing their league worst goaltending. No easy answer for that and UFA route is proving unreliable for a lot of teams. 

Send them an ROR type offer.  Two vets on their downside, two picks and a prospect -  VO (Berglund), Okposo (Sobotka), Savoie or Rosen (Thompson), our #1 (protected), and next years #2, and we can throw in Comrie too.  

Or an Eichel offer. Tuch, Krebs, a #1 and a #2.  Only replace Tuch with Savoie or Rose.  

24 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I’m still holding out hope for this summer.  

Yes — I think the spread between Tkachuk and Mitts is about the same as the spread between Malkin and Roy, and that the 2 proposed trades are equally delusional.  

Would love to see a Tkachuk Mitts combo on the same line!

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Power straight up.  

Absolutely not! Power is going to be a stud anchor defenseman for a long time. That caliber of defenseman is tougher to acquire than a high end forward. Respectfully, it would be a mistake to make that proposed deal. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

That is the rumor in St Louis and it was there before he signed the big contract.  Why is it hard to believe?  

I believe it was his brother everyone thought it was the blues or nothing then the trade to the panthers happened. 

If anything brady wants to be with his brother 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Absolutely not! Power is going to be a stud anchor defenseman for a long time. That caliber of defenseman is tougher to acquire than a high end forward. Respectfully, it would be a mistake to make that proposed deal. 

We hope you are right on Power.  The talent, vision and skill is there.  The size is there.  What is missing is physical strength, toughness, and willingness to use his body - all things a "stud anchor" on defense has to posses.  

Brady is 6'4 and 225 and can score 30+ goals.  He is a force right now and getting a power forward that scores goals is just as hard to get as stud defenseman, maybe harder. 

Brady is also a lunkhead.   He has been a minus player every season and he takes a lot of penalties.  He is building a reputation as a disturbance, at least in Ottawa.  

I am not sure he fits into Buffalo but him for Power might be an pretty even trade.  

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Send them an ROR type offer.  Two vets on their downside, two picks and a prospect -  VO (Berglund), Okposo (Sobotka), Savoie or Rosen (Thompson), our #1 (protected), and next years #2, and we can throw in Comrie too.  

Or an Eichel offer. Tuch, Krebs, a #1 and a #2.  Only replace Tuch with Savoie or Rose.  

Huh?  I'm sure you know there is zero possibility that Ottawa would accept this offer.

24 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We hope you are right on Power.  The talent, vision and skill is there.  The size is there.  What is missing is physical strength, toughness, and willingness to use his body - all things a "stud anchor" on defense has to posses.  

Brady is 6'4 and 225 and can score 30+ goals.  He is a force right now and getting a power forward that scores goals is just as hard to get as stud defenseman, maybe harder. 

Brady is also a lunkhead.   He has been a minus player every season and he takes a lot of penalties.  He is building a reputation as a disturbance, at least in Ottawa.  

I am not sure he fits into Buffalo but him for Power might be an pretty even trade.  

Now this is more likely, although the Sabres would need to sweeten the pot.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

He's no sure thing but he's kind of the only goalie prospect we have even within 3 years of being NHL capable.

Good ones, rarely. It's more akin to a crapshoot. Usually you either overpay and get screwed or underpay and get screwed.    

Yet Jacob markstrom has been rumored to be on the market for several years and now Juuse Saros of the Predators due to their young goalie being really good.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

Huh?  I'm sure you know there is zero possibility that Ottawa would accept this offer.

As in the ROR trade which was kind of funny or the Eichel trade? ROR trade would be a literal coup. The Eichel trade is likely more akin to what he's worth minus a hair since a 1C > 1W. Effectively I outright refuse to trade more for Tkachuk than we were sent for Eichel  

Frankly I wouldn't trade Power for Tkachuk straight up much less add sweeteners to the pot. 

Honestly I'd say Top 2 Defenseman are still harder to get and more valuable than Power Forwards if only due to their length of time needed to become a top defenseman as well how much longer they can fulfill that role.

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

As in the ROR trade which was kind of funny or the Eichel trade? ROR trade would be a literal coup. The Eichel trade is likely more akin to what he's worth minus a hair since a 1C > 1W. Effectively I outright refuse to trade more for Tkachuk than we were sent for Eichel  

Frankly I wouldn't trade Power for Tkachuk straight up much less add sweeteners to the pot. 

Honestly I'd say Top 2 Defenseman are still harder to get and more valuable than Power Forwards if only due to their length of time needed to become a top defenseman as well how much longer they can fulfill that role.

Eichel's trade return was substantially discounted due to his injury, and ROR's was substantially discounted due to JB overplaying his hand and the $7.5MM bonus deadline.  None of those factors is present here.

You can stipulate that you're not trading more for Tkachuk than we got for Eichel, or that you're not trading Power for Tkachuk -- and you know what?  That just means you're not getting Tkachuk.

Frankly, I think the whole rumor is just NHL trade rumor BS, but if he is traded, it will be bloody expensive.

And let's be clear:  the Sabres are dying for guys like Tkachuk.  They would survive just fine without TT or Quinn or Benson or Power.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Zero possibility? Probably.    But look at what we accepted for two players that were better than Brady is now.  Why does everyone here make trade offers where we grossly overpay?  

• Agree 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Zero possibility? Probably.    But look at what we accepted for two players that were better than Brady is now.  Why does everyone here make trade offers where we grossly overpay?  

I think his brother’s trade may be a good comp.  

Huberdeau = Tage or Cozens

Weegar = Power or Dahlin

plus a prospect and a pick.  

Maybe we’ve been undervaluing Brady.  😀