Rumor: Brady Tkachuk available

Buffalonill

I would trade any player on the roster or in the pipeline for him.  Probably multiple.  

29 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

this a  franchise Changing type of move I don't care what the cost is just do it .

Buffalo has enough Prospects and and draft choices to get this done 

Didn't realize he has  maturity issues..

Looks like we're doomed.

It would take roster players to acquire a player of this ilk.  Power maybe?   I’d move him of Dahlin is a second for any Tkachuk.  

Great player but his maturity issues being bantered about would give me great hesitation over any such acquisition. 

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

I would trade any player on the roster or in the pipeline for him.  Probably multiple.  

It would take roster players to acquire a player of this ilk.  Power maybe?   I’d move him of Dahlin is a second for any Tkachuk.  

You'd be nuts to trade Dahlin for him. 

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Ottawa asks for Cozens, Quinn, Kulich and Levi. 

I'd decline that rather easily to be perfectly honest. You don't trade an entire line's worth of talent and your top prospect goalie for a singular player with perceived maturity issues.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

What's your offer, then? 

I don't have an offer because I have no interest in him. Let him create a ruckus in the locker room for another team. I'm not giving up valuable draft or prospect capital for a disrupter on his own team. I want our GM to use his assets to acquire talented players who are mature and not problematic. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't have an offer because I have no interest in him. Let him create a ruckus in the locker room for another team. I'm not giving up valuable draft or prospect capital for a disrupter on his own team. I want our GM to use his assets to acquire talented players who are mature and not problematic. 

Easy safe answer right there 

• Like (+1) 1

JohnC, you ever heard of change of scenery? How bout the team is trying to make him look bad? Ever hear of Ryan O'Reilly?

Tkatchuk is a LOCK for 30 goals every year. Any fan who wouldn't trade for him is crazy 

Edited by TageMVP
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

JohnC, you ever heard of change of scenery? How bout the team is trying to make him look bad? Ever hear of Ryan O'Reilly?

Tkatchuk is a LOCK for 30 goals every year. Any fan who wouldn't trade for him is crazy 

Rosen, Cozens, Kulich, and next years first. 

• dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Rosen, Cozens, Kulich, and next years first. 

That's not bad at all. Some people will whine to keep Cozens, and they might be right, but that's not a terrible trade. 

How bout this 

Mittlestadt for Tkatchuk. Straight up, old school style. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

That's not bad at all. Some people will whine to keep Cozens, and they might be right, but that's not a terrible trade. 

How bout this 

Mittlestadt for Tkatchuk. Straight up, old school style. 

I'd rather keep Casey, if there's another path, but yes, I would do it. Not sure Ottawa would.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Don’t mistake his style of play as the only thing that matters here.  
If the Sens team captain has maturity issues, then you cannot bring him into the youngest team in hockey. His fresh start would need to be where there’s a core group of veterans and this ain’t it. 

Or just bring in veteran players along with Tkatchuk. You know, the thing Sabres management hasn't understood for 12 years

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I’m kind of here. Would I love a Tkachuck in concept?  10,000%. But with the reported “maturity issues” we have nobody in regards to veteran leadership to rein that in at this point. And I don’t hold much hope for that to be resolved anytime soon. 

Just now, Rip Titwide said:

I’m kind of here. Would I love a Tkachuck in concept?  10,000%. But with the reported “maturity issues” we have nobody in regards to veteran leadership to rein that in at this point. And I don’t hold much hope for that to be resolved anytime soon. 

Eichel had maturity issues too and won a cup right after 

Sabres issues: 

No grit 

No veteran leadership 

Status quo stink for TWELVE YEARS 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TageMVP said:

Or just bring in veteran players along with Tkatchuk. You know, the thing Sabres management hasn't understood for 12 years

The Sabres aren’t going to change who they are or how they’re building because Walt’s immature kid MIGHT be on the trading block.  

I will agree with you that it will not be an option to just roll this team out there again next year.  It also cannot be an option to replace KO & Z with Rosen & Kulich.  Vets will need to come in and prepare for it to be overpayments (via trade or free agency). 

• Like (+1) 1

I posted that offer because that is what they would ask for. 

Who is the guy reporting maturity issues? An insider or some ham and egger fan on twitter?

Even if true he might be inmature for what they need as a captain but be fine as a guy in the room.

I know him and Dahlin became fast friends at the draft stuff and he and Mitts are buds.

I would be surprised if they moved him but even more surprised if it was in division.

What if they wanted Quinn (Ottawa junior) Peterka (buddies with Stutzle) and Levi?

This type of deal would have to hurt. He does bring a game the team could really use.

• Like (+1) 2