Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Demoted said:

You ran out of narrative facts?

At no point in this exchange have I pushed "a narrative" regarding Diggs. I've asked that we hew to the facts.

Also: NARRATIVES INCOMING!

2 hours ago, Demoted said:

Diggs became a cancer who would rather go to Coachella instead of being with his team.

+++

2 hours ago, MISabresFan said:

I hope his play is half as good as this interview.  Agree, he seems like a special person, night and day difference from Diggs.

At this point, I might even take his play being 40% as good as his interview vibes. At least for starters. He is a ray of goofy sunshine.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Love Keon... but dude. Georgia would have rolled you. Let it go.

Says the poster who then went on to write ~275 words on the subject. Lol.

I do respect your admiration for UGA foobaw.

He's very lucky he has recovered to the point he has. Well, luck and hard work. I hope he can contribute to the broadcasts in some way.

I wrote for early editions of Shout! Magazine. I wrote about local and national broadcasts of Bills games. When I had to call John for an interview, I was so nervous. He made it easy. He was pleasant and didn't come off as some kind of big shot. He was sports director at Channel 7, it was the afternoon and I'm sure he was busy. We even talked Rick and my Rick mix tape. He wanted a copy so I sent one to him.

Great memories of a special time in life.

Thanks for everything, Murph.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

He's very lucky he has recovered to the point he has. Well, luck and hard work. I hope he can contribute to the broadcasts in some way.

I wrote for early editions of Shout! Magazine. I wrote about local and national broadcasts of Bills games. When I had to call John for an interview, I was so nervous. He made it easy. He was pleasant and didn't come off as some kind of big shot. He was sports director at Channel 7, it was the afternoon and I'm sure he was busy. We even talked Rick and my Rick mix tape. He wanted a copy so I sent one to him.

Nice.  This is a nice surprise.  Didn't know you liked football that much, and I was an avid Shout! reader in the early days.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That's awesome PA! Must have been a blast. I remember excitedly waiting for that to show up in the mail. And my wife knowing not to bother me for a while after it did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Nice.  This is a nice surprise.  Didn't know you liked football that much, and I was an avid Shout! reader in the early days.  

I was a huge Bills fan going back to 74ish. I'm not even sure how I ended up covering the broadcasts except maybe it was an area that wasn't already being covered. I only did it for two seasons maybe and not sure why I stopped. I interviewed Don Criqui about his Buffalo roots.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Don't get too excited, he was actually encoding messages into his articles as an intermediary between the CIA and the Rothschilds.

• Haha (+1) 4

P/K Browning is a very interesting UDFA signing. Booming leg on punts. Hit a 61 yard FG. Signed back Haack since Bass was better with him holding kicks. Martin may be a cap cut. Browning the sleeper. We'll see. Glad they signed Frank Gore Jr. for RB. Why not ? Nothing to lose. Let camp sort it out. 

WGRs wall to wall to wall coverage of the NFL schedule release is some of the worst radio ever. It's truly the most boring conversation and they don't stfu about. It's been a week straight of this trash already. Garbage radio.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MattPie said:

I think that works with a stadium in the middle of things to do (based on Google Maps). There's just *nothing* around the new and old sites in OP.

That, and the old Rangers Stadium is only about 30 years old and still looks wonderful.  I much prefer its aesthetics to the new one, which, sure, has a roof and is air conditioned, but is a solid block of concrete.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

WGRs wall to wall to wall coverage of the NFL schedule release is some of the worst radio ever. It's truly the most boring conversation and they don't stfu about. It's been a week straight of this trash already. Garbage radio.

I thought it was just me. I don’t get what the hype is about.  Yay.  They play games.  Now we know when!  It’s weird. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

I thought it was just me. I don’t get what the hype is about.  Yay.  They play games.  Now we know when!  It’s weird. 

I like to listen to WGR too, and this is pretty bad, but what other options do they have, it's the doldrums of the Buffalo off-season. It's better than golf or fantasy talk they dribble on about at times. 

7 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I like to listen to WGR too, and this is pretty bad, but what other options do they have, it's the doldrums of the Buffalo off-season. It's better than golf or fantasy talk they dribble on about at times. 

They could talk about the players just drafted by the Bills or would be off season moves of the Sabres.  They have stuff, they just  goose this topic to obsess over.  Maybe they care as much as we do but we mandated to do it hence fake enthusiasm?  Idk…

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

They could talk about the players just drafted by the Bills or would be off season moves of the Sabres.  They have stuff, they just  goose this topic to obsess over.  Maybe they care as much as we do but we mandated to do it hence fake enthusiasm?  Idk…

Some days I do enjoy the shows, but lately it's just been background noise on my drives. Shocked they've kept their positions for 20+ years. 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The other day I was listening to one of the replays of Jeremy and Joe, and all they talked about for the first segment was about toll booths. Jeremy's memories of throwing the coins into the baskets. It was just horrible radio. Although, they did find out that there is still a "basket" toll booth somewhere in West Virginia. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

The other day I was listening to one of the replays of Jeremy and Joe, and all they talked about for the first segment was about toll booths. Jeremy's memories of throwing the coins into the baskets. It was just horrible radio. Although, they did find out that there is still a "basket" toll booth somewhere in West Virginia. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. 

To be fair, I remember the toll booths by the peace bridge on the 190 as a kid. If you didn't have the exact change for the basket, there was one worker in the booth to make change. I also remember running toll booths was much easier as camera equipment wasn't up to snuff in those days lol. 

I don't mind a little nostalgia with my radio shows, but the issue is that they go on for an hour and forget there's a city listening. 

• Agree 1