Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

56 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

As for who’s the Bills WR1, I think we’re more looking at “WR by committee,” the Dalton Kincaid show, and, incredibly, a renewed emphasis on the run (ugh).

I can also see a lot of 12 personnel and 2 RB formations.  There is still the possibility of another teams camp / cap casualty that signs with the Bills late. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

There is still the possibility of another teams camp / cap casualty that signs with the Bills late. 

Bills have done this several times. Floyd was signed to rush the passer. Joe B in the Athletic has an article on this today. Vet cuts coming. $ 10.2 Mil more come June 1st ( T.White). Don't know the draft pool total needed for contracts but $ can always be moved if there's a desired player. 

Mini-camp will give them an idea if the depth chart has actual quality in certain areas. They have the physical bodies now. Can they grasp the O or D ?  I'm sure with the draft picks, that was already determined with the higher selections. All part of the deal marching forward towards September. Not playing a game this week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Bills have done this several times. Floyd was signed to rush the passer. Joe B in the Athletic has an article on this today. Vet cuts coming. $ 10.2 Mil more come June 1st ( T.White). Don't know the draft pool total needed for contracts but $ can always be moved if there's a desired player. 

Mini-camp will give them an idea if the depth chart has actual quality in certain areas. They have the physical bodies now. Can they grasp the O or D ?  I'm sure with the draft picks, that was already determined with the higher selections. All part of the deal marching forward towards September. Not playing a game this week. 

BB has alluded to this on more than one occasion. 'We're a long way from September'. I truly believe there will be another vet WR added via trade or FA. And will not be surprised to later learn that's it been lined up for a while (including general terms) just waiting for the cap space to open up. Beane doesn't take a crap without having a plan. We just won't know what that is for a while.

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

BB has alluded to this on more than one occasion. 'We're a long way from September'. I truly believe there will be another vet WR added via trade or FA. And will not be surprised to later learn that's it been lined up for a while (including general terms) just waiting for the cap space to open up. Beane doesn't take a crap without having a plan. We just won't know what that is for a while.

Agree, and I am thinking it has to be a FA signing because he said it a few times in the midst of the draft that there's no trade coming through for a WR.

• Thanks (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Jaguars released Zay Jones.

Yuck. Had that incident where he supposedly tried to jump through a window he broke while acting crazy. Drugs ??  Then Raiders and Jags.  Had that amazing college career where he caught 399 passes. Had hopes for him. Shows that the draft is such a crapshoot. 

• Like (+1) 1

I see Jones is still having issues..

Jones was arrested in November and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after an argument with the mother of his child allegedly resulted in an injury to her neck, according to an arrest and booking report. The Florida state attorney's office announced in March that it would not pursue the charges against Jones and the case was dropped.

Link went bad. Sorry. 

Anyhow, it showed his tough youth in Louisiana. Insane HS stats in football, where he had 36 catches his last year with 22 of them TD's.  Scored 64 in a basketball state playoff game. Single Mom with 5 kids. She grounded him for a month when he got a C in a class. The things these poor kids have to get through is incredible. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I saw a clip regarding the big RB the Bills took from Kentucky (Davis?)  — parents imprisoned, so he was frequently homeless and then placed in foster care. If not for being really effing good at *something*, his life would likely have turned out very differently. But he had coaches and team parents who started to get involved in his life (informally fostering him, taking educational guardianship) — and that made a big difference. I wish the young man good fortune and great success!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I saw a clip regarding the big RB the Bills took from Kentucky (Davis?)  — parents imprisoned, so he was frequently homeless and then placed in foster care. If not for being really effing good at *something*, his life would likely have turned out very differently. But he had coaches and team parents who started to get involved in his life (informally fostering him, taking educational guardianship) — and that made a big difference. I wish the young man good fortune and great success!!

Here’s a great article about Ray Davis. It is impossible not to root for the this man. His story is a great tonic to cure cynicism. 

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/longformarticle/ray-davis-kentucky-wildcats-football-sec-215040295/#2226382

• Awesome! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

… Chase Claypool? 

🧐

Pittsburgh was 2-6 to start 2022, then went 7-2 after trading him to the Bears.

The Bears went 1-13 with him on the roster, 0-10 in games he played. They were 1-4 to start last season (0-4 when Claypool played), and went 6-6 after trading him to the Dolphins.

The Dolphins were 5-1 when they made him active. They went 6-6 after.

If curses are real, this guy seems cursed.

50 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah that's a headache you get rid of diggs and bring in this cancer what are you guys doing 

They’re just giving him an opportunity, nothing more. He may not survive OTAs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Doesn't hurt to give a couple WR washouts like Claypool and Hamler a shot in camp. Once upon a time, they had high end talent. 

They have signed a whole bunch of players at various positions to 1 year "prove it"  deals with no spot promised, once September rolls around. Check out the current depth chart. Overloaded at many positions. WR is 10-11 deep.

Step up or shut up. Competition is always welcome. Good grief. Fans take some signings as a personal affront to their internet GM fantasy.