Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Were the producer’s of ‘Parks and Recreation’ making light of the homeless, too? Do you honestly think the Bills’ media team got together in the pitch room intentionally seeking to make fun of the homeless and then tossed around various ideas and scenarios with that theme in mind? Smh. 

I don’t think he’s claiming that the Bills social media team was intentionally making fun of the homeless or making light of homelessness.

Unless maybe he is.

Also, let’s get a woke footnote here: The more appropriate term is unhoused, not homeless.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don’t think he’s claiming that the Bills social media team was intentionally making fun of the homeless or making light of homelessness.

Unless maybe he is.

Also, let’s get a woke footnote here: The more appropriate term is unhoused, not homeless.

Yea homeless, bums, street scum... which ever you want.

5 minutes ago, Demoted said:

Yea homeless, bums, street scum... which ever you want.

That's just unnecessary and devolves the conversation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

What a lovely turn this thread has taken.

Let's get back to discussing the Bills, please.

That Broncos safety (Simmons) is still out there. 2nd team all pro last season. 30 years old.

Seems like he's getting a bit of the Justin [EDIT: JORDAN] Poyer treatment. Didn't Poyer test free agency last offseason - after being named an all pro? - before returning to the Bills for the 2023 season?

Edited by That Aud Smell

58 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That Broncos safety (Simmons) is still out there. 2nd team all pro last season. 30 years old.

Seems like he's getting a bit of the Justin Poyer treatment. Didn't Poyer test free agency last offseason - after being named an all pro? - before returning to the Bills for the 2023 season?

Jordan Poyer? Or does he have a younger brother I don't know about 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Unless maybe he is.

I think that’s exactly what he’s claiming. He also managed to indict “Bills mafia” in the process. Just an absolutely clueless take lacking in context. 

• Like (+1) 1

Apparently the Bills met with former NCAA heavyweight champion wrestler, Olympic gold medalist and former WWE prospect, Gable Steveson. 

IDK what the outcome would be as Steveson didn’t even play high school football let alone college.

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Apparently the Bills met with former NCAA heavyweight champion wrestler, Olympic gold medalist and former WWE prospect, Gable Steveson. 

IDK what the outcome would be as Steveson didn’t even play high school football let alone college.

McD loves him some wrestlers. He’d sign him just to have somebody to spar with. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Jordan Poyer? Or does he have a younger brother I don't know about 😉

Lol - the Broncos' former safety's name is Justin. Hence the brain cramp.

13 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

This is becoming (has been?) a thing in the NFL: Take a no risk flyer on a physical freak.

11 hours ago, LTS said:

That's just unnecessary and devolves the conversation.

There's no conversation to be had. nfreeman has decreed that Bills social media is off limits.

11 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Unless maybe he is.

Paging George Carlin.

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

There's no conversation to be had. nfreeman has decreed that Bills social media is off limits.

Paging George Carlin.

Ahh, well whatever. I was not commenting on your question as it did at least give me pause to consider.  I don't agree.  My commentary was strictly decision by a poster to give into intentionally insulting terms.

On to football!.. but first.. I am a huge George Carlin fan. 🙂

• Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

He was just doing normal admin things when things got offensive.

Also, I know you weren’t saying there was an intentional effort to mock the homeless and homelessness. I think I understand your point — this is sort of a cheap, casual cruelty. 

I just … it’s too much. Too sensitive.

P.s. I thought I posted this hours ago. Found it sitting on this tab as a draft of sorts.

14 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Paging George Carlin.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

I am a huge George Carlin fan. 🙂

Carlin would have a field day with virtue signaling whoppers like turning “homeless” into “unhoused.”

Louie CK takes a run at such things in his bit regarding the “R-word.” (And mind you, I consider that word essentially off limits — but CK makes great points in his bit about the word’s elimination from common speech.)

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Carlin would have a field day with virtue signaling whoppers like turning “homeless” into “unhoused.”

Louie CK takes a run at such things in his bit regarding the “R-word.” (And mind you, I consider that word essentially off limits — but CK makes great points in his bit about the word’s elimination from common speech.)

I turned on the original Thomas the train engine stuff for my son the other day. I was shocked to hear Carlin as the narrator. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Everyone is " right " in May. " Prove Me Wrong " is my all-time favorite response...which pretty much sinks anything a poster says. 

Cook, Kincaid and Shakir touched the ball the most during the late season 6 game winning streak. They are still here. It's all about Brady and his play calling in his first full season and his first camp to install his O. With Davis here at RB, I see more touches by the RB's, run and catch. Just my guess.

If Kincaid is on the field, then only 2 WR's will be out there. One may be Shakir. The other 10 on the roster now will fight to be the other one. The 2nd half of the season, Diggs averaged 4 catches 43 yards a game. Davis had a couple catches and was invisible many games. Phased out and cap savings does come into play but a big dropoff ?  We'll see. 

My bigger concern is a pass rush and safety play on the D side. Unknown until we see it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Night Train said:

Everyone is " right " in May. " Prove Me Wrong " is my all-time favorite response...which pretty much sinks anything a poster says. 

Cook, Kincaid and Shakir touched the ball the most during the late season 6 game winning streak. They are still here. It's all about Brady and his play calling in his first full season and his first camp to install his O. With Davis here at RB, I see more touches by the RB's, run and catch. Just my guess.

If Kincaid is on the field, then only 2 WR's will be out there. One may be Shakir. The other 10 on the roster now will fight to be the other one. The 2nd half of the season, Diggs averaged 4 catches 43 yards a game. Davis had a couple catches and was invisible many games. Phased out and cap savings does come into play but a big dropoff ?  We'll see. 

My bigger concern is a pass rush and safety play on the D side. Unknown until we see it. 

Agree on the offensive side of the ball. I'll only worry about the D if the O can't rack up the pts. Given what I witnessed with Brady, RB's will be more prominent.

A couple of nagging wounds from this past KC nightmare. The Diggs drop with 8 min or so left, and the poor clock mngt on the last drive. Diggs is gone, 1 issue dealt with. The over all game mngt? McDermott is still here. We shall see.

On 5/18/2024 at 9:09 PM, Scottysabres said:

The over all game mngt? McDermott is still here. We shall see.

This is absolutely his Achilles heel.

Perhaps a ray of hope: Remember when Andy Reid was an offensive mastermind who built strong team culture but couldn't manage games at crucial times? Eventually, Reid got that part figured out. (Of course, having two first ballot HOFers who may go down as the best at their respective skill positions (QB, TE) has something to do with that as well.)

• Like (+1) 2

New stadium talk:

I've been a  Bills STH for the past three seasons - coming up on my fourth. I got an email a couple weeks ago from my customer service rep for the new stadium - asking if I had time for a quick call. "Sure," I said. I was a bit surprised. My seasons are in the 300s and I didn't think it would yet be time for my "stadium experience" visit and PSL/season ticket pitch.

Turns out, it wasn't and it's not. The purpose of that call was to ask me if I was interested in upgrading my season tickets from where I sit now to something comparable to club or the 100s.

When I politely said "no," the call was promptly and cheerfully ended. I was told that the stadium experience for seats comparable to my current seats would occur in late spring 2025

f36da172-ec81-4b69-a39f-7a7252856cba_tex

Bills OC gonna be known as Joe Valjean Brady. Here’s hoping we fans don’t end up miserables.

At the end of the day, when you played the Buffalo Bills for however many years, you had to worry about Stefon Diggs, right? And that is different now. But you also had to worry about Josh Allen,” Brady said. “It’s a quarterback-driven league, and at the end of the day, we’re fortunate that we still have him, and the offense will still run through him. We’ll have to adjust, and we’ll have to get a feel of how teams are playing us. We’re a few days in but we’re excited about the group that we have.”