Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

5 hours ago, Demoted said:

Reality is they will be contending this year just like all the other years. That is the truth, this reset thing is just more made up bunk by people that are trying to cope with losing over the hill players. 

Do what you need to hit that copium bud but don't think your "reality" is the truth.

I can't think of 1 player we've lost this offseason that I'm upset about. 

But, yea... no need to interact with you anymore. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

KC just won during a “reset”, it’s Abbott getting hot when it counts. 

Yeah all the Bills actually need to do is get in. Until someone actually dethrones us in the division, I’m not worried about it. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Yeah all the Bills actually need to do is get in. Until someone actually dethrones us in the division, I’m not worried about it. 

The only people saying reset are the ones that don't like what the Bills did b.c it wasn't what they wanted.

This time of year is all about faith and narratives. Belief that your draft and off-season prior helped your roster. 

Bills really followed the depth chart for needs. Lots of the Day 3 selections had promising scouting reports, indicating they could help. Many will get their shot. 

One common theme in addition to talent is the amount of team captains they drafted. Obviously something the Bills like. Character does count. 

They are no longer short in any position on the depth chart. How good those positions actually are will be exposed come summer at camp. Until then, every narrative of good or bad can't be proven otherwise.  We are all speaking from a position of genius. 👍

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Demoted said:

The only people saying reset are the ones that don't like what the Bills did b.c it wasn't what they wanted.

They’re constrained by the cap. The way they’re doing it it’s just one bad year on the cap instead of continuing pushing the can down the road. It just is what it is. At least they plugged nearly all the holes in a draft. 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ll be interested in seeing what the offense looks like this season. I imagine there are only so many changes that can be made on the fly in-season. Brady will have the whole off-season and training camp to implement his system and really put his stamp on the offense.

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They literally are trying not to by making this year a reset so they can go all out again in 2025. You act like green bay never did this with rogers.

Yeah and look what happened it became really really messy. 

The bills are literally treating Allen like rodgers getting him just "enough" if the Bills keep playing these games  a divorce will happen

I wouldn’t be shocked if it's the rams when Stafford is done next year 

What was the point in trading diggs if you didn't have a replacement?

Edited by Buffalonill

Last season Allen had 385 completions last season. So we can chalk up 250 to Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir, Coleman.  Easily. Leaving 135 among the RBs, Knox and WR’s 4-7.  The offense will look different.  Thankfully we won’t have to watch Josh force 5 throws a game to Diggs in tight coverage.  Brady definitely likes to spread it around and you have to think not having any diva receivers will go hand and hand with that.  I’ve seen some post draft hub bub about KJ Hamler & Justin Shorter.  Maybe they breakout.  Not counting on it.  Yes I’m rationalizing a bit but none of the receivers after the top 3 are sure bets to contribute anything this season.  A few will surprise but most rookie WRs take at least a half season to get acclimated. 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

The bills are literally treating Allen like rodgers getting him just "enough" 

You mean how will they replace these stats?

IMG_4845.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, inkman said:

You mean how will they replace these stats?

IMG_4845.png

So you're OK with the bills basically having the worst receiving core where your QB has to do everything again. 

The Wide receivers are a bunch of 3's 

*Coleman will likely be a 2 in year 3 

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

The bills are literally treating Allen like rodgers getting him just "enough" if the Bills keep playing these games  a divorce will happen

Allen is retiring a Buffalo Bill. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

So you're OK with the bills basically having the worst receiving core where your QB has to do everything again. 

I’m not as high on Coleman as you are but I’m not going to pout like the thousands of Bills fans. You may be right.  KC makes it work with a superstar TE and a bunch of also ran WR.  We’ll have to wait and see.  

39 minutes ago, shrader said:

Why do you keep feeding it?

Boredom I suppose 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Last season Allen had 385 completions last season. So we can chalk up 250 to Kincaid, Samuel, Shakir, Coleman.  Easily. Leaving 135 among the RBs, Knox and WR’s 4-7.  The offense will look different.  Thankfully we won’t have to watch Josh force 5 throws a game to Diggs in tight coverage.  Brady definitely likes to spread it around and you have to think not having any diva receivers will go hand and hand with that.  I’ve seen some post draft hub bub about KJ Hamler & Justin Shorter.  Maybe they breakout.  Not counting on it.  Yes I’m rationalizing a bit but none of the receivers after the top 3 are sure bets to contribute anything this season.  A few will surprise but most rookie WRs take at least a half season to get acclimated. 

I took a rare walk along the Stadium Wall and damn they are melting down there.

The Brady offence looked pretty damn good last year with Diggs being just a guy.

Kincaid looked good and is going to be better. Shakir looked good and is going to be better. Nobody talks about the impact player Cook has become.

Coleman should be able to replace or even upgrade Davis. Samuel is no prime Diggs, but he should be able to replace what last year’s checked-out Diggs was offering.

And it’s Josh freaking Allen getting them the ball.

They’re going to score.

• Agree 1

I would've liked them to have drafted another WR.  Another shot at the dart board.

However, I trust BB and McD and on paper I like the guys they drafted.

And Ray Davis, the RB from Kentucky they took in the 4th round, presents just an incredible story of overcoming hardship:  https://theathletic.com/5293529/2024/02/29/ray-davis-nfl-draft-kentucky-vanderbilt/

By 8 he was a ward of the state; by 12 he was living in a homeless shelter with two of his 14 siblings. When he learned a foster family had enough room to take two of them — but not all three — Ray volunteered to stay back so his brother and sister wouldn’t get lost in the system like he was.

His mom was 14 when she got pregnant, 15 when she gave birth.

For most of his childhood, his father, Raymond Davis, couldn’t either. Both parents were in and out of prison for long stretches, leaving Ray largely on his own.

He remembers one afternoon, when he was 8 or 9, being told by a teacher that his father was there to pick him up. “Wait,” Ray said, “I have a dad?”

At 12, without anywhere else to go, he spent two months in a homeless shelter on the bottom floor of Zuckerberg General Hospital and Trauma Center.

Ray would walk his sister to school, then walk back to wherever they were staying. There was no one else to watch his brother. Ray would change his diapers. He’d make sure he was fed.

He was 9.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Down the stretch when the 6-6 Bills suddenly won 6 in a row and Brady chose Cook, KIncaid and Shakir to get the most touches, what were you watching ?  Cricket ? 

Your narrative is self serving .  Brady changed the O and Beane made the needed cap moves. We'll see how it works but prioritizing Diggs and Davis was .500 football. They are gone with good reason. The past...is just that. 

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I would've liked them to have drafted another WR.  Another shot at the dart board.

And Ray Davis, the RB from Kentucky they took in the 4th round, presents just an incredible story of overcoming hardship:  https://theathletic.com/5293529/2024/02/29/ray-davis-nfl-draft-kentucky-vanderbilt/

Re:Davis. That’s gut wrenching on so many levels. Hope the kid can have a career because you just know he would helping his siblings before all else.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Incredible.Thanks for posting.

Josh allen of course keeps the Bills in contention always but they'll be able to field a better team in 2025 than 2024. Still excited for Bills season and really excited for Coleman and Davis.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Lmao. No chance Allen leaves Buffalo for the Rams next year.  Just silly talk. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Did it mention where he siblings are now?