Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Why the bills would want that kind of attitude in the building with a loser mentally is beyond weird 

Camp body but he's still there he shouldn't even be allowed near your team 

It is like any sport. If you have got the body and tools then you will get multiple chances because there will be teams that think they can fix you in their system with their coaching.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I saw a report that the undersized 5th round Edge player from Troy was a high school wrestler. Now, work your magic, Coach!!

The guy you're thinking of is Javon Solomon.  I think Sal Capaccio and a couple of others have compared him with Jerry Hughes, who was a great pass rusher for quite a few seasons for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Paywall, so you’re obligated to summarize.

Yes, good writing is often behind a paywall. 

It's very long so..  Bills will be able to use 2024 to evaluate while being competitive but will have significantly more cap flexibility in 2025 especially if they buy out Vonn. Something like 34 million, so if they identify weak spots in the roster this season, they can fix them next. They also will have 5 picks in the top 125 including 3 picks in the top 64. Bills will be retooled and reloaded by fall 25 after bean wisely cleaned up the cap for 25 forward.

It goes through all of this in depth by talking about the players and caps at specific spots and where there's the most questions and why. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Much like the " Wrong Josh " draft of Allen, this WR draft obsession is going to consume many people for quite a while.

Social media dictates we beat it to death. 

In My Head Text GIF by Animanias

Well, to be fair, the Bills were already flawed at the WR position before letting their top 2 guys go this offseason, and they have an elite QB in his prime, and this draft was allegedly rich in WRs -- so it's not irrational to have wanted them to stock up at the position.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, to be fair, the Bills were already flawed at the WR position before letting their top 2 guys go this offseason, and they have an elite QB in his prime, and this draft was allegedly rich in WRs -- so it's not irrational to have wanted them to stock up at the position.

The Bills only really need 1 WR to replace Diggs who has been bad for the past year and a half. 

1 hour ago, Demoted said:

The Bills only really need 1 WR to replace Diggs who has been bad for the past year and a half

Does that include the 8 or so 100-yard games he had over that 25 game stretch?

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Does that include the 8 or so 100-yard games he had over that 25 game stretch?

You mean disappearing in the playoffs and dropping a ton of passes last year? Yes... it does.

51 minutes ago, Demoted said:

You mean disappearing in the playoffs and dropping a ton of passes last year? Yes... it does.

No, I meant what I typed upthread.

I'm not here to stump for the guy. I am, however, here to ask for fairness and accuracy when people proffer facts. I get the sense you're not into those things.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, tom webster said:
9 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Joe Collier passed away former Bills HC and DC under Saban

Collier was one of the league’s great innovators. In Buffalo he was the first coordinator that used the zone blitz and in Denver his “Orange Crush” defense was the first 3-4 defense in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Joe Collier passed away former Bills HC and DC under Saban

I was at his last games Bills HC,  a 48-6 loss to the Raiders. Bills won 1 game that year (1968). In all fairness, the roster was shot and injured beyond repair. Not his fault. He actually started the 3-4 look with the Bills. That's how they won the 1965 Championship game 23-0 over the Chargers. Dropped 8 into coverage and rushed 3. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

No, I meant what I typed upthread.

I'm not here to stump for the guy. I am, however, here to ask for fairness and accuracy when people proffer facts. I get the sense you're not into those things.

8 100 yard games in the past 25 games is not good for a guy who was supposed to be the number 1 WR. The facts are real he disappeared in the playoffs and dropped a ton of passes. Shakir outperformed Diggs down the stretch. I guess you don't like facts when they don't support your narrative.

You want another fun fact, Digg's saw less and less double teams as those twenty five games went on.

Edited by Demoted

26 minutes ago, Demoted said:

8 100 yard games in the past 25 games is not good for a guy who was supposed to be the number 1 WR.

IMO, this is what you should have said initially. He wasn't "bad" for the past 1.5 seasons. He'd had games and even windows of time where he was a true 1 WR. 

27 minutes ago, Demoted said:

The facts are real he disappeared in the playoffs and dropped a ton of passes.

Over that same 1.5 seasons, he had a 7/110+ line against Miami in that wildcard game. He stunk out loud against the Bengals, as did the entire team, really. This past season, he was definitely a non-factor. Did he drop a ton of passes in the playoffs? He definitely dropped one biggie. I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back and prompted the team to move on.

32 minutes ago, Demoted said:

Shakir outperformed Diggs down the stretch.

F'sho. We need him to continue to be that guy in 2024.

32 minutes ago, Demoted said:

I guess you don't like facts a narrative when it's they don't not supported by your narrative facts.

It took some doing, but I FTFY.

15 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

IMO, this is what you should have said initially. He wasn't "bad" for the past 1.5 seasons. He'd had games and even windows of time where he was a true 1 WR. 

Over that same 1.5 seasons, he had a 7/110+ line against Miami in that wildcard game. He stunk out loud against the Bengals, as did the entire team, really. This past season, he was definitely a non-factor. Did he drop a ton of passes in the playoffs? He definitely dropped one biggie. I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back and prompted the team to move on.

F'sho. We need him to continue to be that guy in 2024.

It took some doing, but I FTFY.

You ran out of narrative facts?

Diggs became a cancer who would rather go to Coachella instead of being with his team.

Edited by Demoted

On 4/30/2024 at 4:23 PM, Night Train said:

Yuck. Had that incident where he supposedly tried to jump through a window he broke while acting crazy. Drugs ??  Then Raiders and Jags.  Had that amazing college career where he caught 399 passes. Had hopes for him. Shows that the draft is such a crapshoot. 

I heard on the radio, draft pics are like lottery tickets.  I tend to agree, look at the success rate of #1 drafted QB's.

• Agree 1

On 5/2/2024 at 2:22 PM, Demoted said:

Amazing interview, this guy has it all together. He seems like he is going to be perfect for Josh Allen. 

I hope his play is half as good as this interview.  Agree, he seems like a special person, night and day difference from Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

One of my favorite vids every year. 'Embedded' in the Bills' draft room. I would love to be allowed to sit in a chair in the back of the room and just observe.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/exclusive-inside-look-at-the-buffalo-bills-2024-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-embedded

I was really impressed with the maturity of that DT from Duke picked in the 3rd round. Seems about 10 or 12 years older than Coleman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/2/2024 at 2:22 PM, Demoted said:

Amazing interview, this guy has it all together. He seems like he is going to be perfect for Josh Allen. 

Love Keon... but dude. Georgia would have rolled you. Let it go. You don't get to not play in a game and then talk s##t about UGA beating your team down. Georgia wasn't taking out any frustration on FSU for losing to Bama in the SEC championship. Kirby Smart has that team keyed up to win every game, they don't need some magical motivation from losing to Bama to destroy a depleted FSU team. Also, tossing out that Georgia chokes, they literally beat Alabama for the Natty 2 years previously. Kirby has developed a culture where playing for your team even in a didn't matter bowl, matters and talking crap about them is laughable. Again, I love Keon but dude, walk away from this one. FSU got screwed by the CFP committee, they were undefeated and should have gone regardless of injuries just like UGA fans all agree we shouldn't have gone because we lost to Bama, is what it is. Don't invent some bs alternative world where FSU beats UGA because UGA wins the SEC, it doesn't exist. 

Keon is mad at UGA because if UGA beats Bama, his logic is that Texas then doesn't get it in. So he is blaming UGA for the Committee keeping FSU out. If he and his fellows really felt that way, they should have shown up and beat UGA and ended undefeated, allowing them to have a nice little asterisk about how they should be CFP champions but they didn't. They didn't because they were mad and deep down they KNOW that if they had turned up with all their starters and lost, everyone would have been like "see, you weren't good enough". It was a lose lose. 

Anyways, still love Keon's personality. His take here is laughable but no one is perfect.