Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

9 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

The other day I was listening to one of the replays of Jeremy and Joe, and all they talked about for the first segment was about toll booths. Jeremy's memories of throwing the coins into the baskets. It was just horrible radio. Although, they did find out that there is still a "basket" toll booth somewhere in West Virginia. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. 

Man, I got to be a pro at rolling through at around 10 MPH and timing the toss so they hit the basket.

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Bills sign Marquez Valdes Scantling (sp?) to a 1-year deal worth up to $4.5MM.

It's something, anyway.

He was good for the Chiefs in the playoffs, fwiw.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-to-sign-ex-chiefs-wr-marquez-valdes-scantling-to-one-year-contract

Guy has questionable hands when he's not catching fastballs from Josh Allen.   But on the other hand they do desperately need to make the defense fear the long ball and mvs, if nothing else, is fast 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Bills sign Marquez Valdes Scantling (sp?) to a 1-year deal worth up to $4.5MM.

It's something, anyway.

He was good for the Chiefs in the playoffs, fwiw.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-to-sign-ex-chiefs-wr-marquez-valdes-scantling-to-one-year-contract

Bargain Bin hunting again.  Maybe he’ll be good.  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Night Train said:

A lot of WR's going to camp. Many will be cut. At least it will be interesting. He's no lock if he drops balls. Was better in the 2nd half of the year. We'll see. 

Good thoughts here 👆

I like that having a full complement of WR's will create competition at the position. And I like the idea that having veteran WR's in the mix will lighten the burden on Coleman (who, I hope, can then exceed expectations!!). 

• Agree 1

Agree. It's been McBeane's MO since they got to Buffalo. Create as much competition as possible and see who rises to the top. Mostly true when there has been no clear-cut starter at a position. There's nothing that's making it difficult to cut any of these recent WR signings before camp ends.

• Agree 1

One thing that hasn't been discussed. With Cook and Davis, the play calling will see more touches for the RB's. Run and catch.. OC Brady showed that late last year. I hope that means Allen sees less carries and exposing himself to bad hits. 

So I believe this so-called concern at WR is a bit overblown. Throw in Kincaid getting far more opportunities late last year as a rookie. 

15 minutes ago, Night Train said:

One thing that hasn't been discussed. With Cook and Davis, the play calling will see more touches for the RB's. Run and catch.. OC Brady showed that late last year. I hope that means Allen sees less carries and exposing himself to bad hits. 

So I believe this so-called concern at WR is a bit overblown. Throw in Kincaid getting far more opportunities late last year as a rookie. 

Man, I don't know. My recollection is that the offense sputtered and struggled until Brady showed he was willing to release Joshua F***ing Allen, which always includes some Big D1ck Energy scampers.

Then again, Allen's infamous "I feel like I'm f***ing back" line was from that late November Jets game where he didn't run that much. 

And then he did go on to run a lot towards the end of the season and in the playoffs.

Maybe the point (?) here is that Allen's running needs to be managed so that he's able to run in December and January (and February!). Which squares with your post.

• Like (+1) 2

Last year, due to injuries, the bills were dangerously thin at LB, WR, CB and Safety. They pulled a guy from vacation to play LB, Sherfield had the most targets in the KC game and I’m not sure who played safety in the end. This year, the signings are huge names but he’s adding a lot of depth. I expect a quality DE to be signed post 6.1 when White’s 10m frees up 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Night Train said:

I agree that the RBs are going to play a bigger role (and I too like Davis!), but I think their WR group is a major issue.  They're trying to win a Super Bowl, and they are going to need to score at least 34 pts or so to beat KC in the playoffs.

16 hours ago, nfreeman said:

they are going to need to score at least 34 pts or so to beat KC in the playoffs.

The Chiefs didn't top 30 points at all in the playoffs. They only topped 30 three times all season, and not a single time after beating the Raiders 31-17 in week 12.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

At least you're not the Kansas City Chiefs guys lol they are spiraling out of control

I hope we're talking about the kicker guy, cause that guy is a turd.

3 hours ago, JujuFish said:

The Chiefs didn't top 30 points at all in the playoffs. They only topped 30 three times all season, and not a single time after beating the Raiders 31-17 in week 12.

OK, but they needed more than 27 to beat KC in the playoffs this year, and probably would’ve needed more than that if the Bills had scored a touchdown with two minutes left like they were trying to do.

Your facts are certainly correct, and relevant, but I think the larger point I was making is also correct – the bills are going to need to outscore KC in the playoffs, and in order to do so it would be nice to have true weapons at wide receiver.

27 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

At least you're not the Kansas City Chiefs guys lol they are spiraling out of control

I’m sure they can’t hear you with their Super Bowl rings in their ears 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

So the Bills think homelessness is funny?

It was a take off from ‘Parks and Rec’ when Andy lived in the pit. But I wouldn’t want to ruin your cynical take on the matter. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I just watched the schedule release clip. Solid lulz.

That Allen is a character.

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

So the Bills think homelessness is funny?

C'mon. You're gonna have people rolling their eyes out of their head.

36 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I just watched the schedule release clip. Solid lulz.

That Allen is a character.

C'mon. You're gonna have people rolling their eyes out of their head.

Aren't you Mr. Woke? Seems only when it strikes you.

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

It was a take off from ‘Parks and Rec’ when Andy lived in the pit. But I wouldn’t want to ruin your cynical take on the matter. 

Making light of the homeless, many of whom indeed live in tents, is cynical. The source of the "joke" hardly matters.

Not surprised this plays well with classless Bills Mafia.

Edited by PASabreFan

34 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Aren't you Mr. Woke?

Am I? I'm definitely progressive (liberal) on most social issues. I even spent some time savin' the world as a younger man -- working with street and homeless populations, as it happens. And I now have kids of my own doing similar things in their 20s. So yeah. 

I also have a sense of humour.

37 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Seems only when it strikes you.

This is sh1tty.

I sometimes debate what I can't abide more: A conservative (or whatever those folks actually are nowadays) who wants things to go back to being great, or a humourless liberal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Making light of the homeless, many of whom indeed live in tents, is cynical. The source of the "joke" hardly matters.

You're missing or ignoring several layers of context here - as well as the bit's fundamental absurdity.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Aren't you Mr. Woke? Seems only when it strikes you.

Not surprised this plays well with classless Bills Mafia.

Were the producer’s of ‘Parks and Recreation’ making light of the homeless, too? Do you honestly think the Bills’ media team got together in the pitch room intentionally seeking to make fun of the homeless and then tossed around various ideas and scenarios with that theme in mind? Smh.