Have You Missed Seeing Them Play During This Break? Be Honest!

bob_sauve28

35 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

The sweater the day when we turn the corner 

Not so sure. It's like how they say the meek shall inherit the earth. When the Sabres are good again or God help us win the Cup, there will be fans at the front of the line who never posted snark and always loved them. You see them at games. The older lady with a Sabres blanket and a thermos with a Sabres sticker.

I hold my head high as a fan and will rightly exalt in a parade downtown. But there's a price to be paid for being a particular kind of fan.

I will respectfully stand behind Ginnie from Elma.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Over the past 16 games the Sabres are 9-6-1. They were on a 98 pt. pace. The problem is that they still lost ground to the teams in front of them. The all-star break came at a good time. I needed it to get recharged. I'm glad they will be back in action tomorrow. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Not so sure. It's like how they say the meek shall inherit the earth. When the Sabres are good again or God help us win the Cup, there will be fans at the front of the line who never posted snark and always loved them. You see them at games. The older lady with a Sabres blanket and a thermos with a Sabres sticker.

I hold my head high as a fan and will rightly exalt in a parade downtown. But there's a price to be paid for being a particular kind of fan.

I will respectfully stand behind Ginnie from Elma.

I am sort of candidly terrified to see what my reaction to actually being good again will be. Sometimes there isn’t any going back.

As for the OP question…No not really. Playoffs are nearly impossible and this season’s worth was always measured in playoffs. Expectation wise, but also commitment wise 

I posted less here during the break tho so I’m excited for SS to be back more.

SS is great. I’ll always enjoy being here, don’t have any concern about that aspect 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, mjd1001 said:

Yeah I have.  Its hockey, even a bad game I like to have it on the TV while I do other things around the house.  If its a good game they are winning, I'm glued to the TV.  So yeah.

That's true.  I pick up around the house during games.

I do miss the games.   I am a die hard fan. 

I want to see them play better hockey to close out the season.  I want to see the players that have disappointed so far - Tage, Tuch, Cozens, Dahlin, and Power - all wake up and play better to end the season.   

However, my expectation is that they do not make a serious run and that they continue to disappoint.  

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I want to see them play better hockey to close out the season.  I want to see the players that have disappointed so far - Tage, Tuch, Cozens, Dahlin, and Power - all wake up and play better to end the season.   

However, my expectation is that they do not make a serious run and that they continue to disappoint.  

For my part, only way this doesn’t end in disappointment is a 120 point-pace run over the final 33 that ends in a playoff berth. And really, only the second part of that sentence matters. No more “moral victory” trophies left in the Achievements list. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Sort of but not really. 

I hate all star/break time and have no use for it so I miss hockey in general during this period but the Sabres, not really. There's only been about a half dozen or so Sabres games this year that I found to be truly entertaining or "good" hockey. They generally bore and/or disappoint. 

Like @Pimlach I wish they would be better and they would give us good hockey but it just doesn't happen and I see no reason to think it will happen this year or even next (unless changes happen).

I’ve missed my Sabres fix… Win or Lose…

Interested to see what impact another All-Star Game has on Dahlin… and if he affects his teammates.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

That's the eye opener. The sheer amount of players having down years or struggling with injuries.  Cancels out the improvement of Mitts, JJP etc.  Problems with Special Teams and overall D play. Thought it would be Goalie but IUPL improved. 

Most teams would look at the coach but Adams is married to DG. Moving in the wrong direction and playoffs are now a dream over a real possibility. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.