Jacob Bryson clears Waivers and was assigned to Rochester

Brawndo

52 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why wasn't Comrie waived as well?

Because at this time they were at 24 healthy bodies on the Sabres roster, not 25.  Though it stands to reason that when the next guy is ready to come off IR it'll be Murray getting sent back to the Amerks and not Comrie making the trip down the I-90.

It's pretty obvious that Adams doesn't want to try to send one of his goalies that would have to clear waivers to get to the Amerks down.  And there is no way Levi gets sent down the way he's been playing of late.  So, as @Weave astutely pointed out the 3 headed monster isn't going anywhere soon.  (Unless Adams can trade one for what he considers to be fair value.  A proposition that likely isn't happening with either of the young ones and don't see suitors bashing down the door for Comrie.)

Just now, Porous Five Hole said:

Each of those guys have given up 33 goals in nine games each. It can get a lot worse than Comrie. 

Yup.  Toker and Cooley better than Comrie is hyperbole.

And Comrie ain’t going nowhere unless either 1. We have a goalie that wins the #1 spot outright or 2. The roster gets fully healthy and we absolutely need the roster spot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yup.  Toker and Cooley better than Comrie is hyperbole.

And Comrie ain’t going nowhere unless either 1. We have a goalie that wins the #1 spot outright or 2. The roster gets fully healthy and we absolutely need the roster spot.

Even then, they might send Levi back down and play 6K. I'd still rather see Levi getting lots of games regardless of league.

6 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Even then, they might send Levi back down and play 6K. I'd still rather see Levi getting lots of games regardless of league.

If Levi keeps playing like this, sending him down to keep Comrie would be a tank level decision 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Bryson was always a solid spot starter but a train wreck if he played more than a handful of games in a row. I’m unsure why but that always seemed to be the case with him. 

He’d be put in to fill a spot, he’d look great using his speed to close distances and cut angles. Then after 5 games to 10 games he’d seemingly stop playing fast and try to play more physically and get easily overwhelmed due his lack of strength. Then he would spiral until being sat again. Sit him a few weeks and suddenly he looks good again for a couple weeks. A most unusual case.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Bryson was always a solid spot starter but a train wreck if he played more than a handful of games in a row. I’m unsure why but that always seemed to be the case with him. 

He’d be put in to fill a spot, he’d look great using his speed to close distances and cut angles. Then after 5 games to 10 games he’d seemingly stop playing fast and try to play more physically and get easily overwhelmed due his lack of strength. Then he would spiral until being sat again. Sit him a few weeks and suddenly he looks good again for a couple weeks. A most unusual case.

You’re dead on. The Bryson who was called up in 20-21 was a competent player who moved the puck and was good defending with his stick to make up for his size.  38 GP, 9 pts, -1 on a Krueger/Meatballs team that was the shortened covid season and could not score goals. He was fine. 
From there, it has been gross. 

2 hours ago, Quint said:

I wish Jacob well and hope he does great wherever. I feel badly that Sabre fans hounded him all this time. 

He's made about 4 million dollars from being an NHL hockey player if I have the numbers right for doing basically nothing of value. More money than most people on this board will ever have. I feel absolutely nothing for Jacob. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.