GDT: Sabres @ Avs - Wed. 10 pm ET, Dec 13, 2023, TNT, MAX, ALT 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

Just now, R_Dudley said:

A 3-game western road trip against 2 of the top western teams. Here's a chance to see if they really have figured out how they need to play from the start to the end.

Let's go Buffalo. 

Mustache Wax. 

The Sabres have beat the Bruins twice and the Rangers convincingly.  I won’t arbitrarily decide which games are measuring sticks.  They play better on the road, they play better in goatheads. They are starting the get healthy again.  Venus and Jupiter are aligned just right.  Half this stuff just doesn’t matter.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

The Sabres have beat the Bruins twice and the Rangers convincingly.  I won’t arbitrarily decide which games are measuring sticks.  They play better on the road, they play better in goatheads. They are starting the get healthy again.  Venus and Jupiter are aligned just right.  Half this stuff just doesn’t matter.  

I believe we’ve split the two games with Boston so far this season with each team winning on the other’s home ice. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, inkman said:

It’s time to introduce the white goat heads 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Colorado is going to play with a chip on their shoulder, we basically wiped them out last game.

Every jersey has a chip in them.. so all players are playing with a chip, although I don't think it's on their shoulder. 🙂

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Somebody better try to get this thing back on the rails.

I'll try ... who will get the start in net tonight?

Expecting it's UPL.  He was healthy enough to be the backup last game and Levi started 3 straight.

The more interesting Q is who starts on Friday presuming UPL doesn't pitch another SO?  IF they still consider UPL the 1/1A he'll get the start vs Vegas with Levi going the next night in AZ.  If they're both 1's (which actually means they're both 2's) or Levi is the 1A then Levi gets Vegas and UPL goes the next night.

And that presumes that UPL plays well win or lose.  Should he get shelled or gets a SO, the decision over the weekend is easy and we don't learn anything more about what the coaching staff thinks about their goalies.

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

It’s time to introduce the white goat heads 

If you're talking black and red theme, I'm with ya, but if they want to wear the white pajamas with blue and gold, no thanks.

41 minutes ago, LTS said:

Every jersey has a chip in them.. so all players are playing with a chip, although I don't think it's on their shoulder. 🙂

Do they used those for location tracking?

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

If you're talking black and red theme, I'm with ya, but if they want to wear the white pajamas with blue and gold, no thanks.

Honestly, I think the team was on to something with the white goatheads, the just felt incomplete. I think they could have made those uniforms better with: 

Blue Pants: The white socks, white jersey, and white shoulders just got washed out. They could even go white helmets. 
Adding Grey: Grey is part of the goathead color scheme. By making the jerseys 3 colors instead of 4 they look like practice jerseys. 
Color in the shoulders: Similar to the white pants, the entire thing gets washed out on the ice, especially with the overhead TV angle. They need something to separate it. 

They definitely overthought the whole thing. 

image.png.734584578f3ee2bb3cbd851c247d8401.png

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That third line 🤮

Man !!

I would try Eric The Great with Cozens and put Jost on the 4th line tonight.

Wonder which D is going to sit with Bryson.  Maybe Samsie is not fit to play tonight.

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

That actually looks like a playoff team if you insert Quinn and Greenway at some point...

Hey Callaway, some high spirited dude hacked your account again.

(insert winkie thingie here)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

That third line 🤮

Pretty close to what I predicted in the Cozens thread:

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Skinner - Tage - Tuch
Benson - Mitts - JJP
Jost - Cozens - Olofsson
Robinson - Krebs -Okie

Just swapped Benson for Skinner in the Top Six.  I think that makes the Mitts line the #1 line.

• Agree 1

They are not playing all that great lately imo. I watched the Flyers beat them handily at home a few days back and they didn't impress me as a whole. The key is limiting McKinnon. I say "limiting" because stopping might be asking too much but somebody has to try to shut him down as much as possible and then it's very winnable. We beat them before we can beat them again. But, same as every game from now to the end, we have to bring the high speed hard work effort game for 60 minutes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.