Jiri Kulich returned to Rochester, Nov 29, 2023

Brawndo

Hopefully they play well but keep in mind Jody Gage was a Rochester Americans AHL star it doesn’t mean it translates to the NHL level. I am not saying that the situations are the same. Just that some Buffalo Sabres fans see AHL stats and assume they will translate to the NHL level. I guess what I am saying is caution I wouldn’t expect much from either one Jiri Kulich or Isak Rosen tonight. If they were good enough they would have made it a month ago over Zach Benson a 18 year old player that was just drafted in the spring. Good luck to both Kulich and Rosen in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Just now, Sabres Super Fan said:

Hopefully they play well but keep in mind Jody Gage was a Rochester Americans AHL star it doesn’t mean it translates to the NHL level. I am not saying that the situations are the same. Just that some Buffalo Sabres fans see AHL stats and assume they will translate to the NHL level. I guess what I am saying is caution I wouldn’t expect much from either one Jiri Kulich or Isak Rosen tonight. If they were good enough they would have made it a month ago over Zach Benson a 18 year old player that was just drafted in the spring. Good luck to both Kulich and Rosen in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I'll bet you're fun at parties.

1 hour ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

characters GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

So the shoe has dropped.

I suppose a cup of coffee in the NHL gives these guys an idea of what they need to work on and probably sends the signal that they need to work harder at the NHL level... and if the Amerks are lucky they'll try to play at that higher level in Rochester.

Makes sense.  If Greenway is going to play tomorrow, somebody had to go down.

Rosen has been playing on the 3rd line and they brought Biro up presumably to play on the 4th line.

Wonder who sits tomorrow, Jost, Rosen, or Olofsson?  Would expect Rosen, but who knows.

Also, wonder which D sits?  Or do 2 of the F's sit and Jost joins Rosen in the press box?

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Makes sense.  If Greenway is going to play tomorrow, somebody had to go down.

Rosen has been playing on the 3rd line and they brought Biro up presumably to play on the 4th line.

Wonder who sits tomorrow, Jost, Rosen, or Olofsson?  Would expect Rosen, but who knows.

Also, wonder which D sits?  Or do 2 of the F's sit and Jost joins Rosen in the press box?

My first thought on seeing Biro called up, Kulich sent down and Greenway returning was simply that Biro is the 13th forward for the road trip and the team felt it's better to have Kulich playing in Rochester (they have a game Friday) and Biro sitting in the press box for the road trip than vice versa. Could be entirely off-base, but I suspect management values Kulich getting ice time over Biro--at either the NHL or AHL level. I'm not sure Biro is being recalled to play (although I'd admittedly prefer to see him over Krebs at this point).

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

My first thought on seeing Biro called up, Kulich sent down and Greenway returning was simply that Biro is the 13th forward for the road trip and the team felt it's better to have Kulich playing in Rochester (they have a game Friday) and Biro sitting in the press box for the road trip than vice versa. Could be entirely off-base, but I suspect management values Kulich getting ice time over Biro--at either the NHL or AHL level. I'm not sure Biro is being recalled to play (although I'd admittedly prefer to see him over Krebs at this point).

It's very possible.  But, it is just so incredibly rare for this management group to bring a player up and then not dress him that still expect it is more likely that either Jost or Rosen (or maybe both) sit and Biro gets time primarily with Krebs and Okposo while Greenway and Olofsson get rotating F's playing with them at ES.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Biro is here to add some scoring punch. 

😛

I thought it was Devon Levi Buffalo Sabres roster spot holding these Rochester Americans players back? Face it Jiri Kulich isn’t good enough and isn’t saving the Buffalo Sabres. The Sabres are toast for the playoffs this season and in the future as long as Terry Pegula refuses to invest in facilities for proper development that isn’t the set up at the 1950’s Blue Cross Arena in Rochester. Terry Pegula sell the Sabres or invest in modern training facilities for your Sabres prospects. My goodness the UB Bulls football team has newer better training facilities than the Rochester Americans and we wonder why haven’t the Sabres made the playoffs in 12 years? Ask yourself Sabres fans how come Terry Pegula builds Penn State hockey a new hockey arena better than the Blue Cross Arena? Exactly the Sabres aren’t serious they exist in NHL today nothing more than that unfortunately just telling it like it is. When the Sabres have to talk and answer questions from Devon Levi to agree to go down to the Rochester Americans it tells you that Rochester Blue Cross Arena is a dump. I predict right now Devon Levi leaves the Sabres after his entry level contract is up if he is a star goalie he isn’t staying he will remember everything stupid that the Sabres organization does. Both Don Granato and Kevyn Adams should be fired. Remember where you heard it. Rochester Blue Cross Arena was a dump in the 1990’s yet here we are. Patrick Kane wanted no part of the Sabres organization that is very telling what a messed up organization the Buffalo Sabres are right now sell the Sabres Terry Pegula in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 2

6 minutes ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

I thought it was Devon Levi Buffalo Sabres roster spot holding these Rochester Americans players back? Face it Jiri Kulich isn’t good enough and isn’t saving the Buffalo Sabres. The Sabres are toast for the playoffs this season and in the future as long as Terry Pegula refuses to invest in facilities for proper development that isn’t the set up at the 1950’s Blue Cross Arena in Rochester. Terry Pegula sell the Sabres or invest in modern training facilities for your Sabres prospects. My goodness the UB Bulls football team has newer better training facilities than the Rochester Americans and we wonder why haven’t the Sabres made the playoffs in 12 years? Ask yourself Sabres fans how come Terry Pegula builds Penn State hockey a new hockey arena better than the Blue Cross Arena? Exactly the Sabres aren’t serious they exist in NHL today nothing more than that unfortunately just telling it like it is. When the Sabres have to talk and answer questions from Devon Levi to agree to go down to the Rochester Americans it tells you that Rochester Blue Cross Arena is a dump. I predict right now Devon Levi leaves the Sabres after his entry level contract is up if he is a star goalie he isn’t staying he will remember everything stupid that the Sabres organization does. Both Don Granato and Kevyn Adams should be fired. Remember where you heard it. Rochester Blue Cross Arena was a dump in the 1990’s yet here we are. Patrick Kane wanted no part of the Sabres organization that is very telling what a messed up organization the Buffalo Sabres are right now sell the Sabres Terry Pegula in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

X Files GIF by The X-Files

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

Pegula built the Penn State Arena for a massive tax write off to offset massive fracking profits.  

He won't get that in Rochester, it would not count as a charitable donation, he owns the team.  

The rest of your spouting about the quality of the Rochester Amerks facility is senseless and has little or nothing to do with player development.  

59 minutes ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

I feel like I've seen this before.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Rosen, Biro, Kulich, and Rousek, do any of them make the Sabres materially better right now? 

Better than last year?  So far no impact, but they have appeared in a combined 8 games so far this season. 

Only Benson has showed he belongs. 

Rousek could give you Girgensons-like minutes maybe, but unfortunately without the physicality. 

The rest are not ready, including Savoie. 

3 hours ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

2 things, you seem to leave out the new training facility Pegula built for the Bills, why is that?

You don't understand how entry level contracts work or even where Levi is in terms of his.

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.