IT'S GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres (9-9-2) @ New Jersey Devils (8-9-1) Sat 7pm MSG, ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

44 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I think there's a difference between won't and can't.  Can't meaning,  I don't think there's worthwhile moves for the cost.  I agree, more could have been done to address goaltending.  That's a risk reward thing too, so....

Sure.  Can’t now.  The off season was the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Tear it down to a few that make up a viable core.

You don’t have to tear it down.   We have a viable core already.  Just use a portion of your boatload of picks and prospects to get real help.   Get rid of dead weight.  Get an NHL coach.  We need the GM to get to work. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Big Guava said:

Quinn

The most underrated development of the season is his loss.  I can’t overstate this enough.  I’m probably in the minority on this but it’s just what I think about his impact on the group overall and what kind of ripple effect it’s had. 

Top that with Tage out.  Not shocked we’re barely a .500 team right now at all.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

So I guess Kulich and Rosen learned what it means to be a Buffalo Sabre.

That was pathetic. Just truly pathetic. 

The only thing ALMOST as sad was New Jersey's response to the Clifton hit that put Hischer out. Smith really showed him with that 2 minute wrestling minor. You know I watched Florida Boston a few days back and Florida hammered MacAvoy constantly and almost hurt him bad for the suspension hit and that guy wasn't even important and didn't miss any games. So good luck to you New Jersey, enjoy this one cause it ain't going to last and you have no chance come playoff time. 

Since I watch the Bruins too (as you know) I was also amused looking at little Rosen wearing 63. I'm going to think of him as bizarro world Marchand. The exact opposite (and completely useless). 

Sabres are the laziest hockey team in the NHL They have absolutely no concept of how to play defense at all. Games like this make me hate this team. Such a waste of time watching them. 

Damn you Perreault, Martin,  Gare, Dudley, Ramsey (etc). If it hadn't have been for you guys I could be free of this shite. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Second Line Center said:

The most underrated development of the season is his loss.  I can’t overstate this enough.  I’m probably in the minority on this but it’s just what I think about his impact on the group overall and what kind of ripple effect it’s had. 

With Quinn and TT in the lineup we could have Greenway Mitts Benson. That line seemed to click early on. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Rosen and Kulich play all season together on the same line but Donny splits them up, because…the risk of two rookies on one line trumps the chemistry these two have built all season?  Meatballs should be working at @Wyldnwoody44 birthday bash.  He’s a next level mixologist.  Consistency Don!!! 

It was 100% tactical lose...No game picture at all..

Had to come and look...far less pages for ther win over Pittsburg then this loss. I actually agree with Harrington who points out other teams are getting bombed too...Leafs lose to Chicago then to Pittsburg last night. Jersey has been struggling and were due to break out big time and it has to be our beloved Sabres! Clearly there are two ways to play against us...one way we do well...other way, we suck. This does not worry me anymore then a 1-0 loss. This team simply cannot lose TT and Quinn and not feel it...hopefully we are still close when they return. Oh and Philly and Montreal seem to be the powerhouses right now LOL...

Edited by sabrefanday1
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So I guess Kulich and Rosen learned what it means to be a Buffalo Sabre.

That was pathetic. Just truly pathetic. 

The only thing ALMOST as sad was New Jersey's response to the Clifton hit that put Hischer out. Smith really showed him with that 2 minute wrestling minor. You know I watched Florida Boston a few days back and Florida hammered MacAvoy constantly and almost hurt him bad for the suspension hit and that guy wasn't even important and didn't miss any games. So good luck to you New Jersey, enjoy this one cause it ain't going to last and you have no chance come playoff time. 

Since I watch the Bruins too (as you know) I was also amused looking at little Rosen wearing 63. I'm going to think of him as bizarro world Marchand. The exact opposite (and completely useless). 

Sabres are the laziest hockey team in the NHL They have absolutely no concept of how to play defense at all. Games like this make me hate this team. Such a waste of time watching them. 

Damn you Perreault, Martin,  Gare, Dudley, Ramsey (etc). If it hadn't have been for you guys I could be free 

Yeah, those laughingstock Devils didn't facepunch the guy: They only gave him the most humiliating night of his entire career in front of his friends and family.

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, 7+6=13 said:

Yeah no doubt and let's not forget we all just want our team to win.  When we've been bad this year, it's been unwatchable.  Yet we're in the thick of it and not at the bottom.   

I'm hopeful that when healthier and Quinn back, good things can still happen. 

A healthy Quinn playing at the same level as last season won't be seen until 2024-25, if ever? You keep hoping.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

I agree with the Quinn point. I think he is exceedingly good at 200ft hockey and would help us.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.