IT'S GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres (9-9-2) @ New Jersey Devils (8-9-1) Sat 7pm MSG, ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

14 hours ago, Pimlach said:

You don’t have to tear it down.   We have a viable core already.  Just use a portion of your boatload of picks and prospects to get real help.   Get rid of dead weight.  Get an NHL coach.  We need the GM to get to work. 

‘Zactly.

We have plenty of flexibility (more than most teams), a .500 base and plenty of tools to make it happen: we simply need the GM to wield them  

14 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

The most underrated development of the season is his loss.  I can’t overstate this enough.  I’m probably in the minority on this but it’s just what I think about his impact on the group overall and what kind of ripple effect it’s had. 

Top that with Tage out.  Not shocked we’re barely a .500 team right now at all.

Hockey players don’t individually have a very high WAR and if a second year player somehow did, all the more reason KA should have replaced him when he had ample time and all the more reason this could have been avoided by a GM actually playing chess. Hell I’d settle for checkers. He just needs to actually play. 

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

@PAsabresFan, You can’t blame the fans.  And I’m too old to make a reasonable contribution.  

Grandpa Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

He’s referring to: “If we only had Quinn, we’d be ok. Curses, we’ve been screwed again - there’s just nothing poor Kevyn Adams could have done.”

5 hours ago, Quint said:

I wonder how this team would do with a new owner. Under Pegula, the Sabres have known nothing but failure, mostly on an epic scale. Seems the best Sabres fans can hope for is mediocrity.

It’s an incredibly compelling correlation right now 

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The quality of this board has declined precipitously. Kinda appropriate, I guess, given the state of the franchise.

Can you expand on this?

I’ve been lurking here every single day since 2010 and finally made an account in 2021. I don’t agree with you, so I’m wondering what I’m missing?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.