GDT - Sabres @ Capitals - 11/22/2023 @ 6PM CT / 7PM ET - MSGB/ESPN+

#freejame

• SDS pinned this topic

Another opportunity to right the ship.

The Caps are overachieving while the Sabres are underachieving. 
The Sabres need a good game to rebuild some confidence and their fans do too.

I want to see Levi bounce back because his last game left a lot to be desired.

Dahlin with the team on his back is a lot of fun to watch.

Let’s go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 3

Good Game Day (to some of my favorite Turkeys) on the eve of American Thanksgiving Sabre Spacers!

Sabres in DC for the first of three tilts this season vs. the Caps, and their only stop there during the regular season (keeping positive vibes). They are taking on a hot Capitals team that is 8-1-1 in the last 10 games, and riding a 4 game win streak. Sabres enter the game (need I say) 5-4-1 over the last 10 games, with a win v Chicago Sunday.

Team Stats entering today:

Goals for: Sabres 2.83 (23rd) // Caps 2.47 (31st)                    Goals against:  Sabres 3.17 (15th) // Caps 2.67 (6th) 

Power Play %: Sabres 11.5 (27th) // Caps 7 (32nd)                   Power Kill %: Sabres 84.3 (8th) // Caps 84.4 (11th) 

Face off %: Sabres 44.3 (31st) // Caps 45.5 (29th)

Last 5: Caps averaging GF 3.6 GA 2  Sabres GF 1.8 GA 3.4

Sabres in a shocker as Kuemper and Lindgren both come up with successive hammies in pre game warm ups, and emergency G Shepherd pulled riding a shutout in OT by HC Carbery, as he gets cocky in a 0-0 tie, winning 1-0 on a UPL empty netter in OOOOOVERTIME!!!!

Expected Sabres lineup:

(Pending dart throwing session, after morning skate, & any new injuries, by Meatballs)

premier league darts GIF by BBC America

LET'S GO SABRES! #MUST WIN

(X 1 million, for the #Must Win haters, LOL)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Quite honestly, they need to play better. 

Marc Maron Honesty GIF by IFC

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

I think I’ll wait until the first three game win streak of the year. I hope that is not too far away. in too good of a mood to watch this type of play They have been throwing out there recently. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Thanksgiving Turkeys GIF

Almost ready for a Sabres and Bills Sports Holiday Weekend!

Sabres on Weds, Thanksgiving on Thursday, Sabres on Friday, Sabres on Saturday.  Bills on Sunday.  

• Clear out the guest room for company - check 
  • Bring up the Christmas deco boxes  -check
  • Decorate the fireplace mantle - check 
  • Set up the fake tree - check
  • Put up the lights, (ugh), - check
  • Go on out and get a "nice pretty" holiday centerpiece for the dinning room table, (grumble), - check 
  • Bring down the Christmas deco boxes - check 
  • Go outside and rake, blow, and suck up leaves -  ok, that's this afternoons assignment.  

Big game tonight.  Can't wait to pour a nice single malt (ok probably two) and watch it in my man cave.  

Go Sabres!  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Traveling for Thanksgiving and going to watch the game tonight with my son and my brother, so that will be nice.

Otherwise, I'm kinda having a hard time getting psyched to watch the Sabres these days.

If they can rip off a few wins and not look like a bunch of outmatched, unfocused, dispassionate losers my enthusiasm will probably return.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sure RJ2 has forced his hand but the bottom 6 is bad and he would rather not dress all of the culprits  which are: KO, Jost, VO and Krebs.  

VO plays because he can sometimes score in bunches. 

KO is the captain. 

Jost has been better than Krebs, so there you have it.  

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

In what way?

Jost has 2 points to Krebs 1, a 43% Corsi to Krebs 52%, 35% on faceoffs to Krebs 49%. Their hits, blocks, giveaway and takeaway numbers are similar, as is their usage.

Neither are helping the team right now.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Sure RJ2 has forced his hand but the bottom 6 is bad and he would rather not dress all of the culprits  which are: KO, Jost, VO and Krebs.  

VO plays because he can sometimes score in bunches. 

KO is the captain. 

Coach speak for Krebs needs a reset, VO needs to score to help us and elevate his trade value and RyJo has earned a spot but I don’t have the guts to bench a veteran.

I really wish Rousek or Biro had made an impression enough to have KO be load managed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.