GDT - Sabres @ Capitals - 11/22/2023 @ 6PM CT / 7PM ET - MSGB/ESPN+

#freejame

41 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I hate seeing this....11-7....decision makes no sense to me at all.  Maybe DG should also do 10-8 and play Bryson too (sarcasm).  There's multiple forwards not playing well including Cozens, so maybe skate 3 full lines and play 9 forwards (more sarcasm).

Or just move the 7th D to forward

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

In what way?

Jost has 2 points to Krebs 1, a 43% Corsi to Krebs 52%, 35% on faceoffs to Krebs 49%. Their hits, blocks, giveaway and takeaway numbers are similar, as is their usage.

Neither are helping the team right now.

He has double the points. 

Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, skaught said:

Or just move the 7th D to forward

Sure, but this is a sad state of affairs that the team does not have enough confidence in their forwards to dress 12 of them.  Yes TNT is out, but there should be adequate depth to still dress 12 actual forwards.  It should never be the PLAN to dress 11 forwards, that's amateur hour stuff from management and coaching.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Sure, but this is a sad state of affairs that the team does not have enough confidence in their forwards to dress 12 of them.  Yes TNT is out, but there should be adequate depth to still dress 12 actual forwards.  It should never be the PLAN to dress 11 forwards, that's amateur hour stuff from management and coaching.

This isn't as much an indictment of the F's as it is an indictment of carrying 3 goalies.  When you only have 12 F's on the roster; if you want to sit one, you are necessarily going to dress 7D.  (Barring the very unusual situation where you don't have enough healthy D to do so.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Taro T said:

This isn't as much an indictment of the F's as it is an indictment of carrying 3 goalies.  When you only have 12 F's on the roster; if you want to sit one, you are necessarily going to dress 7D.  (Barring the very unusual situation where you don't have enough healthy D to do so.)

No, it's an indictment of not signing some solid bottom 6 forwards in free agency (or getting them via trades). 

I can't comment on Washington. Haven't seen them play. Have to assume they as still big, heavy but slow. Contrast in style, unless they have rookies I haven't heard of yet. Speed and the PP have to be there to get a win. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Traveling for Thanksgiving and going to watch the game tonight with my son and my brother, so that will be nice.

Otherwise, I'm kinda having a hard time getting psyched to watch the Sabres these days.

If they can rip off a few wins and not look like a bunch of outmatched, unfocused, dispassionate losers my enthusiasm will probably return.

Same. Im rooting for wins in spirit more lately than actually diving in to the action 

Realistically it’s this board that’s carrying a lot of water re: enjoyment I get with this franchise nowadays 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/17/2023 at 7:09 PM, Thorny said:

Looks pretty likely to me at least that the plan is for 3 goalies to stay a thing 

On 11/21/2023 at 2:09 PM, Thorny said:

I think they prefer it 

Yeap

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

5 hours ago, inkman said:

I hate this so much.  It ruins lineup symmetry and makes thing way more complicated than they need to be.  Just so 12-6 like every other freaking team.  If you don’t have 12 NHL forwards, call someone up or make a trade.  

It is somehow very annoying. Just an annoying un-fun yet also un-serious hockey team lol 

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.