GDT - Sabres @ Blackhawks - 11/19/2023 @ 6PM CT / 7PM ET - MSGB/ESPN+

#freejame

A pretty big game as far as keeping interest in the team (for now) for some of us...

When we get to a holiday week there are days where I can be really busy or other days I have a lot of free time, sometimes both in the same week. A Sabres win and I look at the standings, hope for that 2nd win to start a streak and all is (somewhat) well.

A loss today though...will be the 4th in a row, for a team with a major injury, the 5th in 6 games, and I'll probably start to tune-out from this team for a little bit.

It will get me to the point that if I don't watch a game, fine, tell me the score the next morning. I'll wait for them to start winning (however long that may be) before I decide to make it a point to sit down and watch again. Its a bit early in the Season for me to get to this point, but I'm on the verge of being there with another loss.

Edited by mjd1001

15 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

A pretty big game as far as keeping interest in the team (for now) for some of us...

When we get to a holiday week there are times in my life where I can be really busy or have a lot of free time, sometimes in the same week. A Sabres win and I look at the standings, hope for that 2nd win to start a streak and all is (somewhat) well.

A loss today though...will be the 4th in a row, for a team with a major injury, the 5th in 6 games, and I'll probably start to tune-out from this team for a little bit.

It will get me to the point that if I don't watch a game, fine, tell me the score the next morning. I'll wait for them to start winning (however long that may be) before I decide to make it a point to sit down and watch again. Its a bit early in the Season for me to get to this point, but I'm on the verge of being there with another loss.

I’m already there , and it’s November, wow. These guys won’t be in the top 8 again until October 24 and I was hoping they could’ve at least hung around that position for another couple months. They must try pretty hard to consistently be this irrelevant every single year. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, buffaloboy said:

First time poster here. Long time sufferer of Sabres hockey. Managed to watch every game so far this year. Double whammy today. For the love of God. Need a Bills and Sabres wins badly today. Go Sabres!

@buffaloboy Welcome to Sabrespace, our kindly chat about our Sabres, where all opinions are handled with respect & well thought out replies…..

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

Hawks 3-0 

Benson benched 3:55 minutes in the game 

And sent back to juniors  Monday 

@Buffalonill& @Sabres Fan in NS…. you both need to focus on the positives…. Here’s to Sabres & Bills for another game played…. Er, well, scroll back up to @Pimlach’s post for encouragement.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, #freejame said:

You forgot the part where you say “sent you a beer thingie.” 

Blink twice if you’re in danger. 

Thanks.  I will fix that right now.  I'm fine.

4 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

@Buffalonill& @Sabres Fan in NS…. you both need to focus on the positives…. Here’s to Sabres & Bills for another game played…. Er, well, scroll back up to @Pimlach’s post for encouragement.

Seems like you didn't get the memo.  Or is this how you play along with our friend, Nill?

8 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Welcome!!

SENT YOU A BEER THINGIE!!

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.