GDT - Sabres @ Blackhawks - 11/19/2023 @ 6PM CT / 7PM ET - MSGB/ESPN+

#freejame

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I thought it hit his skate.

In a replay from the corner camera, his skates were nowhere near the crease, just his stick blade.  It looked like the puck was going wide, he directed it further wide with the heel of his stick, although he didn't get all of it.  That's why it looked like a closer call than it was- after going of the heel you can see him react quickly to gain control, but at first glance it looks like he's trying to keep it out of the net.  That moment was already past though.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I generally agree with the above but I think the priority for the forwards is a 3/4 line center.  Krebs and Jost aren't good enough to center any line.  We need someone who can center a top 3 line while Thompson is out and then can solidify the 4th line when TNT returns.  If he adds another physical presence all the better.  Who might be available is anyone's guess. I'm also sending Benson back to Juniors.

I'd look at Calgary,  San Jose, and Columbus. See if they have anyone you want as they are all building. 

1 hour ago, BlowLeafsBlow123 said:

Disagree, they should be rotating EJ and Clifton imo. Having both of them on the same pair spells disaster typically. Ryan Johnson is already a top 3-4 guy on this squad and needs to be treated as such. When someone's ready, they're ready and should be utilized.

Same thing was said about Power - last year, not this year.  

Ryan Johnson is looking good, lets not ruin him with hype and unrealistic expectations. All these kids have ups and downs, even the vets do.  If you play enough minutes on defense in the NHL you will get beat and you will make some errors. 

If you have analytics that show when Clifton and E Johnson play together it spells disaster can you share them?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Doohickie said:

People have mentioned that the Sabres didn't look good, especially the forwards.  I think this is a direct result of playing an 11/7 lineup.  When your linemates are constantly being changed, you lose that natural feel of knowing where to expect your linemate to be.  That's my take on it anyway.  The only forward that seems to do better playing with 11 Fs is Olofsson.  He seems to put in a little more effort and backchecks better.  Weird, huh?

That doesn't explain their behavior for much of the season. My sense is there is still too much individual rather than team play, and they too often don't play with purpose, despite what they publicly say.   We saw a glimpse of how they could and should play in period 3 of the Jets' game. 

Last night's win reminded me a lot of the first game against the Flyers, they got lucky against a team that dominated them most of the night. Then, in that second game of the back-to-back, I fully expected them to lose big, as there was no way they'd get lucky again the way the Flyers played. 

I think the Sabres are in a rough spot right now, and if they don't start playing with purpose every night, then they will put themselves in quite a hole by the time TT and Quinn return. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was talking about EXACTLY this. It hit Power's skate boot.

Right, but you were responding to @Pimlach's post from 6 minutes earlier

On 11/19/2023 at 8:40 PM, PromoTheRobot said:
On 11/19/2023 at 8:34 PM, Pimlach said:

UPL with the save.  Power with the clear 

Almost kicked it in. 😱

Which is the one I was talking about... I figured since you responded to Punch's post that's the one you were talking about.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Right, but you were responding to @Pimlach's post from 6 minutes earlier

Which is the one I was talking about... I figured since you responded to Punch's post that's the one you were talking about.

Why are you tangled up with Promo?  He is happy he found something else to complain about. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I think we have to stop with the 11 forwards and get consistent lines going. And get Peterka on with Cozens like last year. Had Quinn not been injured I think we’d see a very different team. 

But I don’t expect Quinn to do much this year when he returns. I think it will be next year before we see real improvement in him from last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.