GDT: Wild @ Sabres - Nov 10, 2023 - 7:00pm, MSG-B/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

The Sabres take on a Minnesota team that lost last night to the nyr. They need to show up and I'm hoping an extra rest day gives them a chance to have a hungry and slightly healthier lineup. I expect Matt Savoie to make his NHL debut tonight on a line with Skinner and Thompson. 

Find a way. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• LGR4GM changed the title to GDT: Wild @ Sabres - Nov 10, 2023 - 7:00pm, MSG-B/ESPN+📺WGR📻
1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

The Sabres take on a Minnesota team that lost last night to the nyr. They need to show up and I'm hoping an extra rest day gives them a chance to have a hungry and slightly healthier lineup. I expect Matt Savoie to make his NHL debut tonight on a line with Skinner and Thompson. 

Find a way. 

You bring up an interesting point about having an extra day's rest against an opponent that played the previous day. On the surface, one would think that the rested team would have the advantage. It doesn't always work out that way. The Philly home loss, and then on the next day trip to Toronto, we played one of our better and more energetic games. Predicting based on scheduling can be so perplexing!

As you noted the extra day in-between games should help some of our battered players heal.  This team has to play well in front of the home fans. They deserve it. 

• Agree 3

I have learned to never have a feeling about a game going into it.

Vegas on the road, they will probably win.

SJ at home, probably lay an egg.

I would never bet money on this team as you don’t know what you will get from day to day.

I think they are trending in the right direction but they need to hit a level of consistency.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I would never bet money on this team as you don’t know what you will get from day to day.

I think they are trending in the right direction but they need to hit a level of consistency.

There is some truth in this.

With that said....I'm going to this game.....

I said 8 to 0 Sabres 😡 !!!!

:😜 

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You bring up an interesting point about having an extra day's rest against an opponent that played the previous day. On the surface, one would think that the rested team would have the advantage. It doesn't always work out that way. The Philly home loss, and then on the next day trip to Toronto, we played one of our better and more energetic games. Predicting based on scheduling can be so perplexing!

As you noted the extra day in-between games should help some of our battered players heal.  This team has to play well in front of the home fans. They deserve it. 

Yes there are exceptions to rules. Predicting based on scheduling is not that perplexing. A team coming off of 2+ rest days versus a team playing the 2nd of back to back is more likely to win according to the numbers. Again, you are saying "what about the exceptions!" and my response is, what about them? Buffalo needs to show up and win the game and they have an advantage to do so. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Man, that is just it, innit?

Consistency is such a dull and uninteresting thing in a lot of ways. And it's so difficult to attain and maintain. It arises from a hundred little reasons, none of which are glamorous or particularly rewarding in their own right. I watch Boston from afar, and I'm just like Damn. Lose a likely HOF'er and a perennial glue guy, both at centre, but keep on truckin'. How are they doing it? 

My 30,000 foot theory: Consistency in every good thing they do.

If this Sabres team can consistently play at a level that's close to where they should be, as individuals and as a team? They'll be a 100+ point team. It's elusive as hell, though. Consistency.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

Very True.  

This is a game were we should be rested and they are not.  We have home ice to our “advantage”.   They need to come out hungry and beat a team that they should beat.   No giving up early goals and having to come back.  

I want to see our Core step up in front of the home fans.  Give them something to cheer about.  

A win puts us over .500 (@ .500 DeLuca) which is big as we get into mid November.  We need to get over .500 and be consistent. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Very True.  

This is a game were we should rested and they are not.  We have home ice to our “advantage”.   They need to come out hungry and beat a team that they should beat.   No giving up early goals and have having to come back.  

I want to see our Core step up in front of the home fans.  Give them something to cheer about.  

A win puts us over .500 (@ .500 DeLuca) which is big as we get into mid November.  We need to get over .500 and be consistent. 

Get the home ice gorilla off of their backs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Me too. I drove 400 miles for this game, they better not let me down..

I'll let ya know what seats I'm in once the wife tells me. Somehow, the future son in law got involved in getting the tix, he and my older step daughter are fanatics like myself. So I overheard center ice, but....shrugs, I'll find out when I get there I guess. I just want a victory, and ya, if they score 8, 9, 14, it won't hurt my feelings none 😉

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.