What to do with Mittelstadt

Flashsabre

Casey is the next decision for Adams.

He ended last year looking like the player they hoped they had when they drafted him.

He has picked up where he left off with 9 points in the first 10 games. He seems to be a heart and soul guy in that locker room who is well like by his teammates.

When does Adams lock him up?  Does the money change much if he does it now compared to March if he keeps it up.

What would be a deal you would be comfortable with? 8x $6-6.5

I just don’t know where he slots in money wise at the moment

54 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Best two way forward on the team? 

At present, yes.  And down the stretch last year as well.

Greenway is the best defensive forward on the team.  Thompson the best offensive forward on the team.

Will be interesting to see if those evolve as the team learns the more "defensively responsible" system we keep hearing about them wanting to implement.

Mitts is on his way to getting paid. This is where the Samuelsson, Cozens and Tage contracts are going to pay dividens.

Keeping the core together, growing together, entering their prime years together, all while showing incredible individual AND team progress play together, has proven, is proving and will really prove as a fantastic strategy. Credit to Adams, Granato and staff (except the power play coach, fix that s h I t).

If KA can lock up TNT, Cozens and Mitts for less than what Toronto pays Matthews and Tavares that is good management and solidifies the C spine for a long time. Those contracts can also be traded if need be.

The 3C, whether Mitts or Cozens will be well paid, but they are top 6 players who can play wing as well.

The cap is going up and I don’t think there will be a problem with the next wave of contracts. VO, KO and Girgs replacements will probably be making less and there are a lot of ELC guys in the hopper.

• dislike 1

Would either of the alphabet boys care to expound on why they vomited my take?  Is it that you want Mitts locked up longer than five years? Naive enough to think we can get him for under 6.5? Too ignorant to acknowledge he's been our best forward this year? What is it? Enlighten me. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.