GDT: 10/24/23 Buffalo Sabres @ Ottawa Senators -- MSG and Radio 6:45? PM

bob_sauve28

11 hours ago, French Collection said:

I attended both games in Ottawa last year and they let me down. I’m watching from home this time.

I know it is a back to back and UPL is starting so my expectations are low, maybe they pull it off.

Ottawa will probably be a great rivalry for the next decade, the boys need to man up.

Let’s go Buffalo!

Should have gone.  Something definitely started tonight.  

Edited by Broken Ankles

Watching the final moments makes me glad I don’t bet on sports. But honestly, if the refs are going to just call crap on us when they know what Ottawa is doing and let them get away with it, how can the nhl be allowed to have betting?

Again, 3 minutes left Tkachuk high hit on Tuch. Call it! Game is over. Instead we have one of our top guys having to fight a guy who’s a very tough player and he risked injury. Then we are somehow short with Cozens yet Tarasenko can throw a punch over the top and get nothing. We shouldn’t have had to kill any penalty at the end and instead we have to battle. It’s ridiculous officiating and it makes me angry. We are not a dirty team yet we seem to get the short end of the stick a lot.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Crazy finish but it’s a W!

Tuch is back, keep it up.

UPL was solid, until he wasn’t. The boys find a way to give him tons of goal support. He is still my #3.

Greenway keeps chugging along, good role player who does a lot of things well. Dogged effort on the ENG.

Clifton and EJ have helped, and keep Bryson in the press box.

Dahlin quietly at a point per game pace. It seems like he can get more.

• Like (+1) 4

Just finished watching the game.  Skinner looks great playing with Mitts.

Best TNT game of the year.  He could have scored 5 with a little luck.

I liked Greenway. He looks like a different player.  Thought Skinner back checked well.

I thought they looked tired in the 2nd half of the 3rd.

Still not sold on UPL.  Made some nice saves, but …..

Huge win.  This is going to be a heated rivalry.  Sabres were the better team tonight and are the better team if we get even decent goaltending.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

A win is a win but boy leaving the ice with a bad vibe. 

I was thinking about this:  This was the second half of a back to back.  They played high pressure hockey most of the night.  Late in the third the problem was they were losing their legs.  That's why you run up the score while you can. 

I think the vibes are fine.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m still annoyed by the fight. Tuch just about smacked his head in the ice because the refs don’t do their f’ing job. Then when he’s down, Brady punches him and his head does touch the ice and then he gets in another punch while the refs are breaking it up. The last being cause for an extra two minutes. 
And then we saw how it ended. Glad we hung in there but the league needs to get a handle on this garbage. If they rescind Tkachuk’s suspension I won’t be surprised.

I thought that was either the best or 2nd best game they’ve played this year.  If they keep bringing it like that they will make the playoffs and then some.

TT and Tuch look like they are finding their games.  And Skinner was maybe the best player on the ice.

Team defense and the PK are greatly improved over last year although there are still frequent shaky moments.  Toughness and physicality are also much better.  The Sabres didn’t shrink at all when Ottawa gooned it up at the end.  I loved the big retaliatory hit Tuch gave Tkachuk followed by the fight.

UPL was really good until the team pooped the bed at the end.  Still an encouraging performance by him.

Greenway is a freaking horse and is rapidly becoming an important player on this team.

Samuelsson is turning into a true shutdown defenseman.

1 game under .500 with Colorado and NJ up next.  Let’s see how they do against upper echelon opponents.

Go Sabres.  Well done tonight.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

And Skinner was maybe the best player on the ice.

At 31, Skinner hasn't lost a step yet, but because he broke into the league when he was 18 he has very, very deep veteran experience.  His skating and scoring ability are both way up there, but he also has experience and hockey sense by the boatload.  He also is very good at getting under opponents' skins.  And that combination of attributes makes him, in many games, the best player on the ice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.