What to do With UPL?

Porous Five Hole

What to do With UPL?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What should the team do next with UPL?

• Leave him in the press box as injury insurance
    • Risk waivers and send to ROC
    • Give him the next start

Comrie needs to play more.  UPL needs to play more.  They should share the backup role until one separates himself.  After that happens, you trade the other one if you can. 

The Sabres are a very much a developing team, they are conducting tryouts as they go.   The trick is committing to win while they do this. 

• Like (+1) 1

I ask the question because if UPL is in the Sabres long-term plans, then they are criminally negligent for how they’re handling his continued development. The team practices 2-3/week depending on how many games they play that week. That’s UPL’s ice time right now.
GMKA said last year that UPL has to play to develop. 

If he is not in the long-term plan, what is he still doing here taking up a roster spot? 
Not to mention the Amerks starter (Tokarski) hasn’t played yet due to injury.  The Amerks could actually use a good goalie right now (and not give up 40 shots a night, among other things). 

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Send Levi down to work on his rebound control. 

Conditioning stint based off his minor injury?

I’d rather have Levi behind the Sabres defense than the Amerks at this point. Just ensure the forwards commit like they did against the Isles.

I think they’re waiting for Vasilevskiy to return before waiving, but that’s living in fear of UPL. And… Ullmark’s Vezins aside, that shouldn’t be anything to fear. 

25 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:
31 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Send Levi down to work on his rebound control. 

Conditioning stint based off his minor injury?

No. Just send him down. He doesn't have to clear waivers.  Make him earn his way back to the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Honestly , it’s not fair for him not to be playing anywhere 

Could also argue it’s not fair to the fans for him to be playing anywhere lol

my Friday night rec hockey needs a tendy

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

If he had value, don’t you think he would have been moved by now?

Define "value."

Expect that Adams could get a 4th rounder or so for him.  (Remember, Johanson garnered a 6.)  Also expect Adams wants at least a 2nd for him. 

So, no, don't expect he'd've moved by now if he had "value."  He simply doesn't have "enough" "value" at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, rickshaw said:

I get the impression that UPL is hurt by what’s happened and a change of scenery should take place.

And then he can go on to win the Vezina and a Stanley Cup.  It’s happened before.  

Joking Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island