Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

I'm watching the Devils Blues game, and NJ just got off of a powerplay. They didn't score, not even many great chances...but I noticed they seem to do EVERYTHING on the Powerplay much faster than the Sabres...especially entering the zone.  They carry the puck in with speed, and when they pass the puck around it just happens so much faster and more often...its almost like the Sabres PP in comparision is watching them on the first day of practice on the first day of training camp.

Maybe its just Jack Hughes is so fast and so skilled he can carry the puck in like that and the Sabres dont' have anyone.  Even when they had Eichel, he was fast but he didn't use his speed entering the zone on the PP (he would mostly carry it in and then slow down).  I'm not sure if the Sabres have anyone that can play that way....maybe, MAYBE Dahlin is probably the most 'skilled' puck handler on the team...I wonder if there was every a though of letting someone else QB the PP from the blue line..and let Dahlin be one of the guys to not only carry the puck in, but actually play down low instead of up high at the blue-line?

Detroit - who lost 7-2 on Wednesday - is getting pummeled by Arizona.  That would be 4 losses in a row.  

My God, what a waste of a season. 

We couldn’t at least stay within 3-5 points of the WC thru the new year?  When were we last that close?  End of October?  

Just so bad.  So so bad.  

On 3/7/2024 at 6:21 PM, mjd1001 said:

I'm watching the Devils Blues game, and NJ just got off of a powerplay. They didn't score, not even many great chances...but I noticed they seem to do EVERYTHING on the Powerplay much faster than the Sabres...especially entering the zone.  They carry the puck in with speed, and when they pass the puck around it just happens so much faster and more often...its almost like the Sabres PP in comparision is watching them on the first day of practice on the first day of training camp.

Maybe its just Jack Hughes is so fast and so skilled he can carry the puck in like that and the Sabres dont' have anyone.  Even when they had Eichel, he was fast but he didn't use his speed entering the zone on the PP (he would mostly carry it in and then slow down).  I'm not sure if the Sabres have anyone that can play that way....maybe, MAYBE Dahlin is probably the most 'skilled' puck handler on the team...I wonder if there was every a though of letting someone else QB the PP from the blue line..and let Dahlin be one of the guys to not only carry the puck in, but actually play down low instead of up high at the blue-line?

Cozens.  Cozens can be that guy.  Watch what he does on the PK, and occasionally on the rush.  I think he can be that guy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

This is rather funny...I actually thought the date was a misprint but after checking Donald Breashear is still playing hockey (or rather fighting) at 52 years of age! Did not do too well but stil amazed he is still going...

Gotta love a goon getting his comeuppance (used correctly?) challenging a player then taking a dozen plus rights until a knockout from another player who accepted the fight. He took so many rights, he was begging for a left. 

• Haha (+1) 1